***** The Official Hibernian v Rangers Scottish Cup Quarter Final Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

let’s not rewrite history about brown. Brown was on his way out of Celtic because he was fucking terrible, Newcastle on loan with a view to a permanent deal but it fell through at the last minute. The fenians also didn’t win the league due to brown, it was because we were forced to play 8 or 9 games within about a 3 week period

The bit you've put in bold isn't rewriting history. It was definitely spoken about by pundits that whoever got Brown from Hibs would be favourite for the league.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Not sure mate. Watched him closely in the 2-1 to the scum game 2 weeks ago and he wasn't great. Don't know what age he is so may have tome to improve.

Hes been very good and that's why numeorus Championship sides are after him.

Be interesting to see what fee United want.

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

let’s not rewrite history about brown. Brown was on his way out of Celtic because he was fucking terrible, Newcastle on loan with a view to a permanent deal but it fell through at the last minute. The fenians also didn’t win the league due to brown, it was because we were forced to play 8 or 9 games within about a 3 week period

Aye the wee prick regularly got bullied in old firms right up untill it went tits up for us in 2012

1 minute ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

its snowflakes that feel the need to change it...

:craphead:

Probably snowflakes on both sides tbh. Player of the match doesn’t seem that bad, to me, but, man of the season would sound really weird.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

McCausland’s really struggling at the moment. I’m sure if we had more fit players, Clement would have rested him for a period, just to take him out the limelight, get himself back together and come back stronger.

Not sure about really struggling tbh, he’s not at his best (typical winger) but I’d say he’s serving a purpose.  

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Answered your own question here.

He was 26 when he played in the Premier League that at the time we were able to buy good players from. What are you even going on about? 

5 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

A can’t believe there’s folk claiming the second wasn’t a red card 😂😂

Obviously not on Twitter. The whole of Scottish football is basically saying it’s a massive robbery.

Of all the decisions in the game the absolute clearest correct decision was the red card. No idea how a player running full pelt and lunging two footed off the ground can be seen as not a red ?  The second yellow was a bit tough but he was really lucky not to see yellow for pushing an injured player off the pitch. He was told to calm down and then swings his arms around. Head was gone. 

50 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mental cause I thought Irish Catholics where off the menu back then.

Club built on sectarianism blah blah 😑 

And you can be sure that if we were writing letters to a schoolboy, we knew what school he went to. 

5 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Was out in Glasgow for my pals kilt fitting, watched the game in the ark. A greeting tim near us was having a meltdown about our pen. Made it even fucking better, moan the fucking Rangers.  

Whatcha doing in there ?  place is full of animals. 

13 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Obviously not on Twitter. The whole of Scottish football is basically saying it’s a massive robbery.

Of all the decisions in the game the absolute clearest correct decision was the red card. No idea how a player running full pelt and lunging two footed off the ground can be seen as not a red ?  The second yellow was a bit tough but he was really lucky not to see yellow for pushing an injured player off the pitch. He was told to calm down and then swings his arms around. Head was gone. 

That’s what a was meaning mate mostly seeing it on twitter 

16 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

His first yellow should have been for that penalty i believe. 

1 minute ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

That’s what a was meaning mate mostly seeing it on twitter 

The attacks on refereeing decisions has gone way beyond sinister now. They are shite. We all know that but it’s absolutely evident again that there is a campaign that is targeting them even when they get it right.

This is exactly what happened all those years ago that ended up in striking refs. I hate VAR for the slowing of the game and for the caution when seeing a goal going because it might be chopped off. But I would say that since it came in (on balance) more calls have been made correctly and that is pissing a lot of Scottish football off 

The refs are still shite and mistakes are still made but this campaign is going to end nasty