James Tavernier moving into his testimonial year

7 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Here he does an interview with sky and I never even realised it was this close and he’d been there nearly a decade already

think we’ve all had our ffs Tav moments but what a fucking incredible servant he has been over the period of his time here.

i hope he does retire at the club and hopefully his testimonial will be against one of Europe’s elite clubs for him as he deserves it.

Incredible that he’s remained here this whole time, will hate it when he no longer plays for us 

Couldn't have put it any better. That's your best post to date. You've had about 3 or 4 half decent posts in the decade I've been here.

The guy is a legend. We all talk about his numbers but the amount of games he has played at the level he has to play at is unbelievable. 

Sometimes think how good would he have been in a more dominating squad likes of Advocate's or the Laudrup/Gazza team.

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Should be dortmund if we can, or leipzig

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Bournemouth so he can play against his wee brother.

It’s his boyhood club. Definitely don’t want it with the Junkies Sr.

14 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

What? He's not even having a bad season and you're wanting to retire him? :lol:

End on a high mate , he’s starting to tire and wear out and people on here have very short memories most folk were wanting him shipped out a few months ago.

6 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

End on a high mate , he’s starting to tire and wear out and people on here have very short memories most folk were wanting him shipped out a few months ago.

Who? There's people on here who were calling the Benfica game embarrassing. You don't retire your captain and top scorer at 32. 

Ever since we came back we have been underperforming domestically and i think its the reason some of the fanbase does not appreciate Tav enough - for the lack of trophies. Win a treble this year and numbers will get much better. But the truth is there have been many around him underperforming and its rarely been him. A hero and a legend. 

7 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

What. He’s scored 20 goals this season.  He’s literally showing no signs of slowing down and under Clement seems to be picking and choosing his runs up the park. If anything this is his best season for us since we won the league. 

Once again I’ll reiterate folk on here have short memories and were calling for Tav’s head before clement came in , He was getting called spineless and a cereal loser 😂. We do this year after year at rangers we hold onto players for far too long it’s what fucked us after 55 . Would be a great ending to his time at rangers to lift the treble and move on either into retirement or somewhere else so we can move on and build for the future

1 minute ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Once again I’ll reiterate folk on here have short memories and were calling for Tav’s head before clement came in , He was getting called spineless and a cereal loser 😂. We do this year after year at rangers we hold onto players for far too long it’s what fucked us after 55 . Would be a great ending to his time at rangers to lift the treble and move on either into retirement or somewhere else so we can move on and build for the future

He's had a great season so far, he continues it into a league and possible cup win then he will stay and rightly so. 

He's nowhere near retirement.... 

3 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

:lol: 

Hasn't been without his faults in his time here but nobody digs us out of holes more than Tav. Speaking generally, it baffles me that there's fans out there who can't appreciate him.

10 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Always forgetting where he's left his frosties imo

4 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Hasn't been without his faults in his time here but nobody digs us out of holes more than Tav. Speaking generally, it baffles me that there's fans out there who can't appreciate him.

A lot of the fans who find flaws In our players forget that we can’t sign the Numan, de boer, van bronkhorst, canniggia of the world who come basically world class already.

our players are here because they have flaws, but for 200k he’s probably the best pound for pound player we’ve ever bought