*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

3 hours ago, the old guard said:

We've took one point from nine, hardly got there number, until we learn to defend and stop making schoolboy errors it will continue to be 

Noticed is the amount of fouls they did in the first half. Everytime we got the ball there was someone to tackle or make a foul. Which worked pretty well for them first half, but when yellow cards started flying, they had to stop and we gained momentum. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Scott Wright hasn’t been mentioned enough from what I’ve seen. He done nothing in that game, not one thing in 45 minutes. He didn’t press, he didn’t do anything with the ball, most of the time he was marking space jogging about 

I was worried after his previous performances in these games but fuck me he was even worse than I expected. I was making the case for him being a better option than McCausland/Matondo down the right earlier in the week but you could’ve put a cardboard cut out there in the first half and it would’ve done more 

Nothing else needs said about Wright frankly. 

12 minutes ago, Lerry1971 said:

The usual suspects gang up on folk who's hardly posted. I thought the Tims were paranoid 😭😭👍

I asked you a question which you didn’t answer 

that’s all

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Sooner Southgate puts Butland out of his misery and just tells him he’s picking his favourites the better. He’s looked less and less like the keeper he was at the start of the season since he started getting mentioned for their squad. 

Shaky as fuck with the ball around his own goal mouth and felt he could’ve done better with two of the goals. First one that’s maybe harsh on him but if he sticks a leg out rather than diving over the ball he saves the third. He needs some coaching on penalty saving,  he’s doing all that motion before the player even kicks the ball so anyone with a brain knows he is going to dive and can just lob it up the middle. 

He did keep the score down with a great save from the header in the first half but the Butland of 2/3 months ago saves at least one of those goals for me 

This won't be popular but I think Butland is overrated and have thought that for a while. He's a massive upgrade on an ageing McGregor (wouldn't be hard) but he's not as good as some make out. He's a good goalkeeper, just not a great goalkeeper. I can't think of too many times this season where I've wondered how the fuck did he save that but I can think of a few occasions where he's let a goal in that I've thought that peak McGregor saves it. Yet to save a penalty I think and I had no confidence that he was going to save today's penalty. Peak McGregor always had you thinking that there was a chance the penalty would be saved.

Genuinely not trying to have a go at Butland because he's been one of our better players this season but think he's overrated and doesn't make the exceptional saves I want him to.

Just watched the game there.

Popcorn Teath spilt lip prick Lennon showing true colours of hate and ignorance.

Chris Mutton continuing to show true colours of hate and ignorance.

Scabby mouth bent nose Rogers showing true colours of hate and ignorance.

Latter aside who will be sacked if we claim the League anyway should never be allowed on Sky again. But sadly life, media and our government is full of them.

4 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’m so surprised by PC today. That starting line up is his first mistake imo. He needs to learn to play to our strengths against them. Hopefully his options are better when we meet next. 

Not the first recent manager to go too conservative against those cunts though.

5 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

23 fucking fouls from that lot today - they foul as part of the game plan.  Every time one of our midfielders or forwards take the ball into feet they just come through the back and break the play.

Does anyone here believe we could commit 23 fouls at Parkhead and finish the game with 11 players?

It’s a good point but it’s something we need to learn how to do as well. The fouls aren’t so blatant as to get picked up by the ref a lot of the time so you need a ref who’s brave enough to book for persistent fouling for little shoves or niggles which rarely happens.

It is part of their game plan and it does work. For all everybody lauds Guardiola for great football etc his teams do the exact same thing 

We’ve been shite at dark arts like this for ages, our players like to piss and moan about the amount we’re getting kicked and fouled but generally we’re too stupid to do it back without being blatant as fuck and taking automatic bookings for Scott Arfield esque challenges 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

This won't be popular but I think Butland is overrated and have thought that for a while. He's a massive upgrade on an ageing McGregor (wouldn't be hard) but he's not as good as some make out. He's a good goalkeeper, just not a great goalkeeper. I can't think of too many times this season where I've wondered how the fuck did he save that but I can think of a few occasions where he's let a goal in that I've thought that peak McGregor saves it. Yet to save a penalty I think and I had no confidence that he was going to save today's penalty. Peak McGregor alwyas had you thinking that there was a chance the penalty would be saved.

Genuinely not trying to have a go at Butland because he's been one of our better players this season but think he's overrated and doesn't make the exceptional saves I want him to.

He did made a few saves in the first half. And hes been solid this season, surprisingly for many of us. OF is not the best game to lose easy goals, but i do think hes been a very good addition. 

2 minutes ago, demise said:

He did made a few saves in the first half. And hes been solid this season, surprisingly for many of us. OF is not the best game to lose easy goals, but i do think hes been a very good addition. 

He's solid, and pretty dependable, but he’s not spectacular.

Has only had 2 or 3 saves where I’ve gone ‘wow’, while has had at least half a dozen goals go in that I think a McGregor, Klos or Goram keeps out.

High bar for Rangers keepers mind you. 

27 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Scott Wright hasn’t been mentioned enough from what I’ve seen. He done nothing in that game, not one thing in 45 minutes. He didn’t press, he didn’t do anything with the ball, most of the time he was marking space jogging about 

I was worried after his previous performances in these games but fuck me he was even worse than I expected. I was making the case for him being a better option than McCausland/Matondo down the right earlier in the week but you could’ve put a cardboard cut out there in the first half and it would’ve done more 

Aye he totally dissappeared today. All he did was roll about greeting at one point, kept looking for the foul. Fucking get up and get on with it. 

I hate when players don't play to the fucking whistle, if you know you're not getting the foul, fucking get up and get the ball back. There was far too much of that in the first half, Silva as well. 

34 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Phil cant look at his team selection today and not think "fuck me what was I thinking"?

His players (which I think only one he actually signed) let him down again. It’s on them - not Phil. 

6 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

1 win in 9. Haven't won at their dump since October 2020. They're better than us and they're not afraid of us. That's the harsh reality of it.

They're not better than us 

6 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Cannot see us scoring today.

League is done. 

Don't give a fuck what anyone else says

:belm:

5 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

They’ve won it

:belm:

1 hour ago, Lerry1971 said:

Thanks H**

:ang:

32 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

This won't be popular but I think Butland is overrated and have thought that for a while. He's a massive upgrade on an ageing McGregor (wouldn't be hard) but he's not as good as some make out. He's a good goalkeeper, just not a great goalkeeper. I can't think of too many times this season where I've wondered how the fuck did he save that but I can think of a few occasions where he's let a goal in that I've thought that peak McGregor saves it. Yet to save a penalty I think and I had no confidence that he was going to save today's penalty. Peak McGregor always had you thinking that there was a chance the penalty would be saved.

Going to ignore the peak McGregor comparison here but the rest of your post is wild.