Favourite win against them?

I've mentioned the 2-1, Alex Miller last minute goal at the piggery in this particular thread. But my favourite match against them was in 1977 at Ibrox when we beat them 3-2. 

We were 2-0 down at half time. Derek Johnstone was playing at centre half and having a poor game. Big Jock Wallace took off Derek Parlane, (who iirc, was struggling with an injury) stuck DJ up front in the second half and brought John Greig off the bench to replace him in defence. 

Gordon Smith scored early into the second half to make it 2-1. Derek Johnstone scored not long after to make it 2-2, then Gordon Smith got his second, and the winner with 10 mins to go. 

There's no footage of the match as I'm pretty sure there was a strike at the BBC or STV (fuck knows why) so the game wasn't televised. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. And here's my programme from the game which cost twelve pence 😀 

IMG_20240406_043410.jpg

5 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

I've mentioned the 2-1, Alex Miller last minute goal at the piggery in this particular thread. But my favourite match against them was in 1977 at Ibrox when we beat them 3-2. 

We were 2-0 down at half time. Derek Johnstone was playing at centre half and having a poor game. Big Jock Wallace took off Derek Parlane, (who iirc, was struggling with an injury) stuck DJ up front in the second half and brought John Greig off the bench to replace him in defence. 

Gordon Smith scored early into the second half to make it 2-1. Derek Johnstone scored not long after to make it 2-2, then Gordon Smith got his second, and the winner with 10 mins to go. 

There's no footage of the match as I'm pretty sure there was a strike at the BBC or STV (fuck knows why) so the game wasn't televised. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. And here's my programme from the game which cost twelve pence 😀 

IMG_20240406_043410.jpg

Resting on the armchair of a sofa from the same year 

1 hour ago, d_nic83 said:

Has to be the 3-0 game to win the league at the piggery, though special mention to the double win in November 2004 when we beat them twice in the space of a week. 

The win at parkhead later that 2004-5 season was massive too

First time we had beat them there in 5 years at that point 

11 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Definitely definitely definitely this.

THAT Albertz free kick. Then a double by Erik Bo Andersen.

Stunning performance from Goram.

Smith running up the touchline and celebrating with the fans after Bo Anderson slips it in is iconic from that game 

League cup final 2011, momentum had completely shifted their way due to the previous 3 OF games. 

Davis and Jelavic getting us there, if we didn’t win that final there’s no way we’d have had the Kilmarnock title win as Walters last game. Unthinkable, especially when you think that horrible cunt across the city would’ve won the title instead

One that always stands out in my memory was the 1-0 game at their midden in 96 when Laudrup scored, Gazza missed the penalty, Van Hoijdonk missed and Van Vossen had that crazy miss. Was one of the craziest games I've ever seen. Remember watching it when I was young on Sky Sports.

In terms of significance its either the 1-0 Hateleys return 9 in a row game, or the 3-0 McCann game.  There were a few pumpings at Ibrox under Advocaat as well that were amazing.

The 3-2 admin game in March 2012 deserves a mention imo

Despite the difficult circumstances the sheer emotion was unbelievable given the importance of stopping them winning the title at Ibrox .

they bottled it and had 2 players sent off for stupid rash tackles whilst we took control, I was in CD which was literally swaying on that beautiful spring afternoon 

18 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

The SC semi under Warburton in 2016 was superb. Not my favourite but it's up there and I havent seen it mentioned.

Meant to post this yesterday, emotion that day was up there with any OF game  surprised to see the lack of mentions it’s got