352 at the piggery

Our run in awful against them we need to try something different...keeping a clean sheet would be a nice change. Might help tav being further forward.

Butland

Balogun goldson souttar

Tav sterling lunny dio yilmaz

Sima dessers/cantwell

No fancying about at the back, use simas pace over the top, thoughts?

1 minute ago, RealWorldRich said:

I think we need to focus on Dundee.  If we win every other game a draw would be enough, but tbh I suspect they might slip up again.

Fair point, 6 wins against the rest might actually do it even if we lost to them...

4 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

I think we need to focus on Dundee.  If we win every other game a draw would be enough, but tbh I suspect they might slip up again.

Hopefully at Killie. Having a free hit(to an extent) at the dump would be excellent.

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Dont think Tav playing further forward is the solution people thinks it is - become a bit of a joke at this point how often its suggested

I completely agree.

The reason why he is so effective is because he is a right back and can ghost in positions and not be picked up correctly. 

If he was a winger I feel a left back would be able to contain him. He would have less space and he is unable to take the full back on. 

5 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Dont think Tav playing further forward is the solution people thinks it is - become a bit of a joke at this point how often its suggested

If we play the same formation I'd prob drop him though, maeda has is number unfortunately 

I think we seriously need to look at Sterling at right back for this....it's just a recurring theme when Maeda plays against Tavernier, I've read a lot in the past saying we shouldn't play Tav further forward but the counter argument surely is how poor we are on the right side, If we are taking Tavs strong points then they are generally in an attacking sense so I wouldn't be entirely against this option....we definitely need to try something different as I would hate to see Tav getting badly exposed at their midden 

18 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I think we seriously need to look at Sterling at right back for this....it's just a recurring theme when Maeda plays against Tavernier, I've read a lot in the past saying we shouldn't play Tav further forward but the counter argument surely is how poor we are on the right side, If we are taking Tavs strong points then they are generally in an attacking sense so I wouldn't be entirely against this option....we definitely need to try something different as I would hate to see Tav getting badly exposed at their midden 

It's mental most think we should just keep doing the same thing

14 minutes ago, Swagger said:

We are going to have to get something there. A win yesterday would have given us that cushion but that diabolical first 45 has fucked us. 
We are bookie’s favourite but for me they are favourites as it stands. 

I think if we beat Dundee I'd slightly prefer to be in our position. Won't be easy though and will go to the last match now, we fucked any hope of avoiding that, in a good way, yesterday.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

Our run in awful against them we need to try something different...keeping a clean sheet would be a nice change. Might help tav being further forward.

Butland

Balogun goldson souttar

Tav sterling lunny dio yilmaz

Sima dessers/cantwell

No fancying about at the back, use simas pace over the top, thoughts?

we will not be as bad again, that is our worst 45 of the season. Ridvan, sima etc back. players in their normal positions. 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

Need to focus on ourselves and stop overthinking it vs them.

Start our best 11. Sima RW, Matondo LW has the pace and quality to hurt them and keep Maeda deeper.

Yilmaz back and you can strengthen the midfield with Sterling.

No need to go trying formations we aren’t used to.

We battered them second half.

I would still go Silva LW over Matondo to start.

Away from home in particular being able to take the ball in under pressure and win free kicks.

I'd rather we went back to a 4-3-3 against them with 3 workers in midfield.

I reckon a 3-5-2 would expose us. Down the wings Tav and Yilmaz would be out numbered 2v1. Then to cover that you would need one of the centre mids to come out to celtic's full backs which then leaves a 3v2 centrally for celtic which would then lead to Sima or Dessers dropping deep which defeats the purpose. 

If the midfield isn't getting moved about you're then asking one of those 3 cbs to go to places we dont and they probably dont want to be. That would end up being the case cause you would have shape it into a back 4 when behind the ball which puts everyone out of shape and out numbered particularly in midfield.

With the ball I think it would beat the press especially wide. You're asking celtic's wingers to press the wide CB or the wing backs but either way it leaves men free and also leaves the celtic full backs with decisions to make if the wingers go to the CBs. Push up onto the Rangers wing back which then potentially leaves the CBs 2v2 or support the CBs and give a Rangers wing back a chance to advance which then leaves celtic's midfield with decisions? Obviously having Dessers drop and leaving Sima in behind 1v1 could be very fruitful but risky. At the same time if we retain the ball and celtic step into their own half we're left with 7 v 10 against them in that half which makes things hard to break down. Also leaving our back with line with the majority of the ball is asking for problems and that's how it would turn out imo.

Also with a front 2 we lose everything that brought us back yesterday. A LW winning a penalty, a RW scoring the second and another LW scoring the third. Even if you want to include Dessers disallowed goal it was our LW and RW who set it up. I don't think we need to take that away.

We could also do what Gio did in the SC semi and play a 4-2-3-1 but basically push one up centrally at times with Aribo then Jack or Lundstram that day, pull Bassey up into midfield and leave Goldson, Tav and Borna 3v3 and we pretty much controlled the game and then they scored from a well worked set piece. It worked with Tav and Borna cause they were more athletic then than Souttar or Balogun are now and were comfortable out wide and Bassey had the pace to get back in - we just dont have that now. However even when we turned the game round it was back to the tried and tested 4-3-3. You just wouldn't be able to do that with two up top and wing backs imo.

I can see the reasoning but just not for me.

We don’t need to change formation, just need to stop running scared from kick off and handing goals away before we wake up. If we match their intensity and compete from the off then the game at their dump is 50/50. Sit back and go back into our shell and we’ll get fucked as always there 

3 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Mazda was non existent in the second half because Sima not only made him track back but he tracked back to help Tav or cover his runs. That way of playing is what happens  with every team but first half we virtually played with 8 men.

Aye I think this is the best way of helping Tav. Simas work rate defensively is tremendous. Great shout imo. 

3 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Mazda was non existent in the second half because Sima not only made him track back but he tracked back to help Tav or cover his runs. That way of playing is what happens  with every team but first half we virtually played with 8 men.

Mazda:lol: