*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

30 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Negative influence by demanding more from sub par players that were never Rangers players in a million years? pretty similar to the soft as shite squad we have now. 

We were generally a far better side after he was stripped of the captaincy and on the bench or out the team altogether from April 2009 onwards. Think we went on an 8 game winning streak and only dropped 2 points the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We were generally a far better side after he was stripped of the captaincy and on the bench or out the team altogether from April 2009 onwards. Think we went on an 8 game winning streak and only dropped 2 points the rest of the season.

Played better without him when he was recovering from ankle surgery season as well.

If Thomson didn’t get injured at Rugby Park he would have struggled to make the starting XI imo.

7 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Played better without him when he was recovering from ankle surgery season as well.

If Thomson didn’t get injured at Rugby Park he would have struggled to make the starting XI imo.

That's right, Thomson started the season on fire.

Thomson was such a good player. Far more than just a ball winner. His first time 'round the corner' passes were class. I was genuinely gutted when we sold him. Probably the last time we sold a player and I was annoyed about it.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Thomson was such a good player. Far more than just a ball winner. His first time 'round the corner' passes were class. I was genuinely gutted when we sold him. Probably the last time we sold a player and I was annoyed about it.

I absolutely loved him as a player 

7 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Dont understand the stuck in the trenches patter at all. Because you don't expect a game of football you have zero control over to go a certain way you're a shitebag coward etc?

Yip. The players don’t have the mentality so it’s hardly surprising people who are relying on them then feel the same. 

Football is the only thing in the world we let heart rule the head, guess that’s why we love it I suppose. 

17 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Dont understand the stuck in the trenches patter at all. Because you don't expect a game of football you have zero control over to go a certain way you're a shitebag coward etc?

More down to being 3 points behind and folk saying they haven’t any interest in a title deciding old firm and have conceded the league. 

2 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

More down to being 3 points behind and folk saying they haven’t any interest in a title deciding old firm and have conceded the league. 

Haven't seen anyone say they aren't interested but I don't have Twitter

No idea how this game will play out tomorrow.  Ironically i think this team does better in the bigger games.  Teams like County & Dundee sitting in and counter attacking on small pitches have been our undoing over the last few weeks.  We'll be toe-to-toe with celtic tomorrow and I think we're a better side than them.

How the game is officiated is my biggest concern.  Even in our 2 home games vs them this season the decisions have gone their way so Im expecting Collum to give them absolutely everything tomorrow.

16 hours ago, dee9 said:

A keep having to tall myself iflts fuckin celtic we are playing. Listen we could turn them over on Saturday a don't doubt. My only niggle is for us to win at parkhead we absolutely need sterling in the middle.....am just no convinced we will do that and a think that plays right into celtics hands. You just never ever know. Every old firm imo a haven't seen miles between the 2 sides. 

Agreed, could easily won both tge Ibrox games znd not lost at their dump. Problem is they did come out on top in 2 of them which gives them a psychological advantage as well as a 3 point lead. 

48 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye. Absolutely loved KT. Think his body was already starting to break down by the time we sold him though. Got our money back on him after a pretty trophy laden couple of years, as close to the the perfect signing as you can get tbh. Only selling him at a profit could’ve made it better. 

3 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

The main worry with that is how exposed Tav would be if we're using fullbacks for width and pushing them up the park link Gerrard did.

Worked with Gerrard because we had that flat 3 in the middle against them covering Tav getting forward. 

I'm not sure we've actually played a flat 3 in the middle since Gerrard departed? 

Gio, the used car salesman and Phil have all played with a number 10 and, as @B1872 said before, we're constantly overrun in the middle. 

58 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Its such a dumb mentality: blindly expect a positive outcome against all evidence otherwise you are a coward lol

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Worked with Gerrard because we had that flat 3 in the middle against them covering Tav getting forward. 

I'm not sure we've actually played a flat 3 in the middle since Gerrard departed? 

Gio, the used car salesman and Phil have all played with a number 10 and, as @B1872 said before, we're constantly overrun in the middle. 

Think the problem is we play the number 10 with the intention of having them man marking McGrgeor, but it never actually works.

10 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Aye. Absolutely loved KT. Think his body was already starting to break down by the time we sold him though. Got our money back on him after a pretty trophy laden couple of years, as close to the the perfect signing as you can get tbh. Only selling him at a profit could’ve made it better. 

Iirc he fell off a treadmill at Middlesbrough and missed most of the 2011/12 season.

Been saying it all week when the gaffer arrived we'd have bitten his arm off to be back in this position. The last few weeks have been disappointing yes. It won't be easy but it's not impossible to win. 

Win the game we win the league.