Welcome To Rangers, Connor Barron.

18 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Has missed out on Scotland squad, hopefully spurs him on to keep raising his levels.

I thought he might have got a chance based on early season promise plus his form with the sheep, but still early days for him.

I know a lot of the support don't care about Scotland or how they get on, but I think it's a reflection of a strong, competitive Rangers team if we have a core of players that make it into Scotland squads.

16 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

I thought he might have got a chance based on early season promise plus his form with the sheep, but still early days for him.

I know a lot of the support don't care about Scotland or how they get on, but I think it's a reflection of a strong, competitive Rangers team if we have a core of players that make it into Scotland squads.

And would be amusing to see the TA boo half the team.

On 25/08/2024 at 00:11, The Ibrox Derry said:

Arguably, one of the best signings we have made in years. 

There are some very decent scottish players out there in the SPL that would do a good job for us.

We cannot afford to be snobbish about this anymore.

I find stuff like this wild.

He’s come in and been good, but we’ve gone out of Europe at the first hurdle and are already behind in the league.

He’s been steady and tidy, but zero assists and zero goals. Need more to be ‘one of the best signings in years’.

Boy is being way overhyped. 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s come in and been good, but we’ve gone out of Europe at the first hurdle and are already behind in the league.

He’s been steady and tidy, but zero assists and zero goals. Need more to be ‘one of the best signings in years’.

We have conceded one goal in the league and were put out of Europe by a ref. I'm not sure where even the slightest bit of negativity toward Barron falls into that.

Barron is never going to score playing in the deep role he does. He's basically been an 8/10 in every game he has played. I don't think you could ask for more from the lad. 

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

We have conceded one goal in the league and were put out of Europe by a ref. I'm not sure where even the slightest bit of negativity toward Barron falls into that.

Barron is never going to score playing in the deep role he does. He's basically been an 8/10 in every game he has played. I don't think you could ask for more from the lad. 

We were put out of Europe because we never had control of the tie, which for me always starts in your central midfield.

That’s not on Barron alone, but other than being a tidy, defensive CM he’s done nothing to warrant ‘the best signing in years’ tag.

Not like he’s Barry Ferguson and absolutely taking games by the scruff of the neck. 

And both the filths deeper midfielders scored on Sunday. Lack of contribution from our midfielders is a huge part in why we don’t win much.