Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I wonder if this is connected with us completely falling apart at the end of the season.

Said it at the time, something happened behind the scenes.

Drop off was frightening.

Still think it's more likely due to lots of players being told to start looking for new clubs. The same players who he's stuck with just now and had to play today.

Surely we all knew that we needed to sell players to get fresh blood in?

We should all realise that the club has always had difficulties offloading players because of the wages we pay to our deadwood and bang poor to average players.

Clubs interested in our players cannot or will not match their wages and players are not interested in lowering their wages.

Time and time again we see that there is little sign of business  acumen in our player dealings now and in the past. Even a basket case club like Aberdeen made a couple of million from dealing with us.

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I hope he walks

We're an absolute fucking disgrace that he doesn't deserve to be dragged into

You hope he walks?? 🤣🤦

What would that achieve? 

If anything he should be given time to rebuild and that seems to be what he's been promised no matter the outcome of the season ahead(that's on the board). 

If he leaves due to another offer fair enough but hoping OUR manager walks is embarrassing! 

It's worrying that these are the words soo close to the season starting. 

I'm comfortable that eventually Clement will get the squad where it needs to be, but we are now at a point where we need to invest time and be patient that it's not going to be turned around overnight. 

The board and that moley fuck beale has screwed us, but we now need to be patient and back the long term plan. Clement seems to have been guaranteed time due to the boards failing. 

If Clement leaves from another offer fair enough but anyone wishing or hoping he walks away are fucking idiots. 

1 minute ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

It's worrying that these are the words soo close to the season starting. 

I'm comfortable that eventually Clement will get the squad where it needs to be, but we are now at a point where we need to invest time and be patient that it's not going to be turned around overnight. 

The board and that moley fuck beale has screwed us, but we now need to be patient and back the long term plan. Clement seems to have been guaranteed time due to the boards failing. 

If Clement leaves from another offer fair enough but anyone wishing or hoping he walks away are fucking idiots. 

He'll know he's not going to get close to the amount of quality he needs through the door and this will be him trying to manage fan expectations. I'd be surprised if we have any more than one or two new players come in, maybe on loan or something.

The scum will have a double digit lead by Halloween.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Still think it's more likely due to lots of players being told to start looking for new clubs. The same players who he's stuck with just now and had to play today.

Exactly what I’ve been thinking.

The vibes around people having ‘no future at the club’ started coming out far too early.

37 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

You hope he walks?? 🤣🤦

What would that achieve? 

If anything he should be given time to rebuild and that seems to be what he's been promised no matter the outcome of the season ahead(that's on the board). 

If he leaves due to another offer fair enough but hoping OUR manager walks is embarrassing! 

We are not a normal football club, which can allow time to rebuild.

Every year of scum dominance makes the gap wider.

But spending cash on vanity projects & nice to haves seems to be the way we want to go, so that some nebulous increase in turnover in 3 years will help us defeat the FFP monster.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

He is right in his comments, but I don't see him giving up the fight. If anything, I see him more determined. His hands are tied to expensive contracts, but he's not ready to walk.

He is a clever speaker and knows how to protect his image. He is going nowhere!

Be good if he can wring as much as possible from those on expensive contracts.

Getting the likes of Tavernier & Goldson playing beyond the end of March would be a start.

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

He seems deflated and frustrated with it all, but willing to struggle on.

If he gets a better offer, I'd imagine he'll fucking run.

It's ashame he's a good guy/manager but what can you do with these cunts in charge. Tarriers hopefully don't get 55 but then if they do we're on a hiding to nothing. When we got 55 we fucked it. That was our chance. 

Just shows What Dave King knows aswell (not much). We'll go on to do it  and get 9 in a row again😭

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

Or an excuse for little / no immediate progress.

It’s all in there, been more porkies getting told since this shambles with the Copland was announced than Ken Dodd told the inland revenue. 

The first signs came at the Q and A session with clement at EH months ago when we were going well and somebody asked him about not signing a striker in the January window he confessed we had no money( just for loans) I’ve said before when clement leaves he’ll say if I had money to spend on a striker in January we would have won the league( and he’d be right) board are a disgrace