graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

The first 6 and last 6 months are so far apart that something must have happened behind the scenes. 

Including the mental collapse from the players it seemed like Clement did as well as that’s when the penny dropped that this task was bigger than any of his previous roles combined. The reason we went on such a run was because things were going for us. The second it gets tough or we drop unexpected points the wheels come off. We need every force to go our way or we just collapse 

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Has eight months to figure out this league and he builds a side that lacks any pace and physicality. We are going to get bullied in so many away games this season.

Yeah, the trend is already there with the away form. Only going to get worse while he's still here.

2 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Genuinely can't believe anyone sees anything in him that shows he deserves time to turn this round.

The taigs and Fenians drew and we ended up further behind than before the weekend started.

We didn't even add to our 1 solitary away goal this season. I'll be honest I fucking loathe him 

The first thing any good side needs is a spine and he decides that Dessers is the man to lead the line, Souttar and Proper are the guys to form a defensive partnership, Diomande, Barron and Lawrence are the guys to form the midfield.

He’s made countless mistakes, but not signing a proper number six to give the team real structure and not signing a proper starting striker, are the two biggest mistakes he has made, and they are the ones that will cost him his job.

I also hate when managers contradict themselves and nothing worse when you’re own manager does it. 

Budget, budget, budget was the buzzword before Lyon smacked us. Why does nobody have the balls to question him on that yesterday when ours dwarfs Kilmarnocks? 

Our last 4 managers have all battered on about needing time to settle. Why does nobody have the balls to say, Postecoglu didn’t need time to settle he won a double and then treble. Thelin is unbeaten in 13 which could turn into 20+ games with a brand new team. Why is it always our managers, players, staff, CEO etc that need time? Everyone else seems able to do a job 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The first 6 and last 6 months are so far apart that something must have happened behind the scenes. 

Including the mental collapse from the players it seemed like Clement did as well as that’s when the penny dropped that this task was bigger than any of his previous roles combined. The reason we went on such a run was because things were going for us. The second it gets tough or we drop unexpected points the wheels come off. We need every force to go our way or we just collapse 

His first six months weren't brilliant. We rode our luck alot.

We've slowed right down, the press no longer exists, the defending has collapsed and the goalkeeping has made more mistakes.

Everything points to the manager. 

Seems to me like he’s lost the dressing room, if he has lost lost them and now the majority of the fans then it’s a matter of when not if, a competent board would be looking at a change before the season turns into a complete embarrassment. 

49 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

I will never understand all his chat about physicality, athletes etc, and then he puts together such a one paced team. 

He came in last October and surely seen that most SPL teams had a physical target man yet brings in Propper who is as weak as piss and poor in the air.

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There’s a very real chance Aberdeen will batter us next week. The confidence they’ll have going into this I can see them flying out the traps and overrunning us from the first whistle. They’ll have as big a home support for it as they’ve had in years

Good luck to any of our fans travelling up there for it. I think it’s going to be a fucking horror show 

I foresee a doing too which is beyond ridiculous to imagine

40 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There’s a very real chance Aberdeen will batter us next week. The confidence they’ll have going into this I can see them flying out the traps and overrunning us from the first whistle. They’ll have as big a home support for it as they’ve had in years

Good luck to any of our fans travelling up there for it. I think it’s going to be a fucking horror show 

Even before yesterday I'd accepted that was likely to be the case. 

Among the many, many problems we have: our midfield is weak as piss. While I think we have better footballers than Aberdeen do, we don't have a coach who has any sort of plan with the ball. They'll be chasing shadows for 90mins and battered when in possession. 

I hate it, but it's the reality of where we are under this manager. 

16 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Even before yesterday I'd accepted that was likely to be the case. 

Among the many, many problems we have: our midfield is weak as piss. While I think we have better footballers than Aberdeen do, we don't have a coach who has any sort of plan with the ball. They'll be chasing shadows for 90mins and battered when in possession. 

I hate it, but it's the reality of where we are under this manager. 

His persistence with Lawrence gets me.

What is he in for?

Commit a few fouls, get involved in the odd scrap, misplace a load of passes &, once every couple of months, score a nice goal.

All there is to him, as far as I can see.

I’m at a loss with him being sacked. In my head he has to go, it looks like he has lost the players and that on top of them not being very good in the first place is a disaster, unmotivated shit players will take us to a disastrous season! My loss comes with who would the board bring in? Linked with more dross and end up appointing someone like McInnes who would steady the ship so to speak but we would never win the league under him, maybe an odd cup and he would be a disaster in Europe imo 😩 how the fuck did we end up here again! 

The fact people are talking about a “battle for second” at this stage of the season, even putting aside the likely sheep collapse, means he has to go. We can’t even contemplate coming third in a two horse race again. There were so many factors outside our control last time - but post-55 and the Europa run, it’s unforgivable. 

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Seems to me like he’s lost the dressing room, if he has lost lost them and now the majority of the fans then it’s a matter of when not if, a competent board would be looking at a change before the season turns into a complete embarrassment. 

A competent board would not have overseen the Copland stand fiasco and the failure to make appointments to key roles within the club.  This is the root of all our problems. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Said to my brother yesterday that the sheep game has that feel of when we went to Tynecastle just before Warburton left. It was 3-0 going on about 5/6. Will be similar next Wednesday.