Is Clement getting an easy ride?

35 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Can you not agree with every point made but still expect better from the manager? 
Can we not demand better from the board and from the manager? 

It’s not a lack of CEO or an incomplete sports bar that makes Clement ask John Souttar to hoof high balls up to Scott Wright and Ross McCausland. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Fuck knows how or why we’ve gone from some of the worst hoofball I’ve ever seen, to fast paced attacking football on the deck, but seen a major change the last two games.

Much more ‘style’ about us. Inverted fullbacks, wingers high and wide, midfielders getting forward. Clever runs from Dessers.

Keep it up, and we’ll be in a much better place. 

He read me and him were about to have a big falling out 

Enjoyed how much both Matondo and Cerny got to the back post today. Even the one Matondo hits the bar, Cerny was waiting for a tap in.

Something we haven’t seen regularly enough from our wingers for some time. 2 goals for Matondo just from getting into good positions today. 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think he's trying to put things in place piecemeal rather than throwing everything at the players all in one go.

I honestly can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a Rangers side like I did today. Gerrard's football prioritised tactical discipline too much, Gio's prioritised possession too much, whereas today we were focused on good movement.

The rotations we do and how we find space are really good. We are starting to play short when we need to and direct when we need to. 

Apparently it’s the first time we’ve scored that many goals in a game since Motherwell in October 2021, and the first time we’ve won by that big a margin since the 8-0 against Hamilton during the 55 season. It’s literally been years since we’ve won that well.

The big positive for me is that we scored goals which were very similar to the kind Clement’s Brugge side used to score, which also happen to be the kind of goals Celtic score against us in almost every OF game (run to the byline, cut it back). It’s simple, but it absolutely kills teams in Scotland.

I don't think he's getting an easy ride, rather the opposite.

What I'm encouraged with, is that his signings are all doing really well.

Very promising.

Let's not forget, he massively improved the inherited deadwood last season from October to March, before it just petered out.

In his defence, big name players just shat the bed again, which was something that was not unique to just Clements tenure.

7 hours ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Apparently it’s the first time we’ve scored that many goals in a game since Motherwell in October 2021, and the first time we’ve won by that big a margin since the 8-0 against Hamilton during the 55 season. It’s literally been years since we’ve won that well.

The big positive for me is that we scored goals which were very similar to the kind Clement’s Brugge side used to score, which also happen to be the kind of goals celtic score against us in almost every OF game (run to the byline, cut it back). It’s simple, but it absolutely kills teams in Scotland.

Very encouraging. So much more effective than the deep crosses from Tav (albeit he did get an assist that way). 

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Very encouraging. So much more effective than the deep crosses from Tav (albeit he did get an assist that way). 

This. Makes defenders think twice. We have been far too predictable for years. 

36 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The Tavernier cross wasn't from deep, it's the willingness of Matondo to get into that position that makes both goals. Too often with the likes of Kent our wingers didn't come off the touch line, even when the ball is on the other wing.