*****Official Birmingham vs Rangers match thread***** Brought to you by buckfast tonic wine

7 minutes ago, Henders82 said:

I'm more inclined to think he'll walk. Clearly lied to when he took the job and having to work with this pile of shite. His reputation took a bit of a battering at Monaco but this could send him back to managing lower level Belgian clubs

It's a fair point but he still has a wage bill which dwarfs every other club except the scum and needs to get more out of what he has got. Not convinced he has spent the money he has had wisely either. Dio is average as fuck. Having said that he still shouldn't be sacked this season unless we are well we'll below par. We're going through managers at an alarming rate and that won't make us an attractive prospect for future managers beyond Clement. 

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Should be allowed his own players though. 

Out of the 22 players we have down today 12 are youth.

I do think that he will be looking for the youth team to fill out the squad this year. Might as well get a good look at them all now rather than later. 

Just now, Darth Bear said:

I do think that he will be looking for the youth team to fill out the squad this year. Might as well get a good look at them all now rather than later. 

Yes a few of them not half the squad cause the board hasn't brought anyone in.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Is there? I’d give you Diomande and that’s it at a push.

Tav, Diomande, Danilo and Ridvan. I'm not wanting to debate on whether they should be starting XI, but in terms of who I expect to be in and around the sqaud regularly next season, that's it. (Assuming Tav stays)

7 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Clement is fkn cluleless how to set up a team , that teams horrific 

Lowry ffs McKinnon , diomande looks utter shite gave it away that many times 

nsiala was told by a player yesterday he’s worse than yfelko ,his first touch passed it to the striker in the box !

players are easy to hate they have fuck all about them ,probably the worst starting 11 he could have picked ,does he realise we have over7000 fans paying fortunes to watch that shite

Fuck, really?

3 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Can only hope most of this team tonight wont be first picks - but seriously we look absolutely clueless.  What a dreadful performance.  Tav needs to fucking go.

Shocking all over.  But zero leadership or drive from Tav as Captain, as usual.  You are bang on.  

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Phillips, mcatee, bobb, Ortega all with city first team experience. Hardly a team of kids is it 🤣

McAtee has played 118 minutes for City 🤣🤣🤣

Wheatley has United first team experience going by you're criteria..

Onana, Evans, Casemiro, Wan Bissaka, Sancho, Yoro, Diallo and Mount all started for United!!

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

I've likened it to Warburton in my post above yours. 

He didn't have the quality at his disposal to make his tactics a success (there were other issues too), but we definitely had a style of play then. I feel we should be seeing something more than we are style-wise under Clement. 

I'm not pushing the panic button yet, but there aren't the signs i would like to see of "his" stamp on Rangers.

I guess that’s fair and a good example in warburton. 
In this game my thoughts are that any “style” is unachievable as we cannot keep the ball. Our midfield, Mckinnen and Lowry in particular, have been so far below the standard required. Losing it almost every time. 

Mind when he was banging on about "synergy" between the fans and the team? 

Feels as bad as it has been in a very long time, like it's so far gone that it's going to be so fucking hard to get back. 

And if that's gone, we are really in a bad place. 

5 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

It is 100% a players thing. :lol:

Jfc, it's grim but open your eyes. There's about 4 starting XI quality players in there if you include Tav. The rest are either youth or rotation. 

Thats my take on it too mostly.  Goldson going before the game too hasn’t helped but at this point it’s about hopefully seeing some new faces in and soon. 

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He had more than 4 first team players.

I'm not taking today in isolation, i'm looking at the last couple of months. 

We've had a number of first team players leave, i agree, but we have enough of a squad and enough first team players that we should see some sort of cohesion, some sort of direction through the club. 

I don't think we have that at the moment. I'm not asking us to be the finished article, just a sense of a Clement team,the style, regardless of the personnel. 

10 minutes ago, Swagger said:

What’s the point in throwing random teams together and getting embarrassed every few days. The likes of Lowry, who’s never going to be good enough, will probably be loaned out before the season starts yet he’s getting game time here. 
Concerns ? We are utterly fucked - another easy treble on its way to Parkhead 

Mate I'm as dejected about the coming season as anybody but as I said we can't keep sacking managers and certainly not on the back of pre-season friendlies.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Well we might as well work out compensation with the next boss in advance as he'll do fuck all too with this lot.

😂 aye!

I don’t know where you’d start with them!