2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Think we need all to take a breath.

Things are finally moving on a transfer front (the Euros/WCs always stall things, plus FFP means the EPL trickle down effect isn’t happening as much as it has in previous years). Pre-season has been a mess but clearly the sides we’ve been fielding aren’t near our strongest 11. 

The transfer window ends in over a months time, we may suffer in UCL qualifying as a result. That’s always a risk you take finishing 2nd. But we’ve got a manager that will keep us in contention, the league isn’t going to be done by September, we’re not going to finish 3rd. 

Let’s have some calm. I know everyone’s rightfully annoyed about the stadium, the exec and the squad, but we have a manager there that has won titles elsewhere. We have a head of recruitment who knows what he’s doing. We can’t sack the board unless anyone’s got a spare £50million down the couch. 

Look at season 21/22, the tarriers were in a similar mess. They lost to Hearts first game of the season, relied upon staying in the hunt and then signed well in January. If they’d went nuclear at the manager and the players after the first few weeks, they wouldn’t be sat on 3iar. 

We’re going to be in a much better position in a couple of weeks. We wanted change in the squad, the managers listened, let’s not go apoplectic because we don’t have the best squad in the country as of today. There’s only one other horse in this race, let’s understand we’re not going to be the pace setter for the first few months but throwing the hockey off the horse isn’t going to win us anything. 

Mate, I'll get carried away and demand the whole footballing department get sacked if I want.

That being said, just saw the Cerny YouTube video and convinced the league is back on

4 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Things are finally moving on a transfer front (the Euros/WCs always stall things, plus FFP means the EPL trickle down effect isn’t happening as much as it has in previous years). Pre-season has been a mess but clearly the sides we’ve been fielding aren’t near our strongest 11. 

The transfer window ends in over a months time, we may suffer in UCL qualifying as a result. That’s always a risk you take finishing 2nd. But we’ve got a manager that will keep us in contention, the league isn’t going to be done by September, we’re not going to finish 3rd. 

Let’s have some calm. I know everyone’s rightfully annoyed about the stadium, the exec and the squad, but we have a manager there that has won titles elsewhere. We have a head of recruitment who knows what he’s doing. We can’t sack the board unless anyone’s got a spare £50million down the couch. 

Look at season 21/22, the tarriers were in a similar mess. They lost to Hearts first game of the season, relied upon staying in the hunt and then signed well in January. If they’d went nuclear at the manager and the players after the first few weeks, they wouldn’t be sat on 3iar. 

We’re going to be in a much better position in a couple of weeks. We wanted change in the squad, the managers listened, let’s not go apoplectic because we don’t have the best squad in the country as of today. There’s only one other horse in this race, let’s understand we’re not going to be the pace setter for the first few months but throwing the hockey off the horse isn’t going to win us anything. 

With that squad and the way pre season's went we haven't got that length of time to fuck about, need more players in now.

9 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

Mate, I'll get carried away and demand the whole footballing department get sacked if I want.

That being said, just saw the Cerny YouTube video and convinced the league is back on

That’s the spirit. 

Im as fucked off as anyone about the squad, but I think you can see from today we’re undergoing a big revamp. It’s not changing a few players and keeping the same leadership group or old favourites. We are trying to gut the side that has consistently failed, it just won’t happen overnight. 

Said it before and I’ll say it again, we just need to be in the race come January. If we’re within 3-4 points of the tarriers and can strengthen again, then we’ll be in a new position for the run in. No scars, no serial losers, just a straight 50/50 shootout against a side managed by someone that their support secretly despises. 

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Look I agree with a lot of what your saying but it doesn’t do any harm to demand at times the board, and others to get the finger out and make things happen with a wee bit more urgency. People have paid good money into the club, whether it be tickets or Merchandise so they are entitled to an opinion which is what forums are all about👍👍

Get what the op is saying but the warning signs have been there all pre season. We haven't looked anywhere near a title winning team and been far from convincing.

I'd feel more confident if we at least sign a striker and a solid centre half. Still time to make additions but need to do it quickly now with the league starting.

The season kicks off in a week. We've still to try and shift at least 4 or 5 players (you could easily pick from 10 or 11 to shift) and bring in replacements before the squad looks remotely close to being good enough. Plus we've still to hear Bennetts magical speech about how we've all panicked for no reason 

A lot of red flags so far. 

Our squad is no where near strong enough to compete. We need to add at least 4-5 first team ready players. Hopefully more to come after cerny today. 

Worryingly over pre-season there's no sign yet of a clear system/tactic our manager is trying to achieve.