*****Official Rangers vs Ross County match thread*****

19 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Madness to take a one off performance as a representation of what he offers. He does have attributes but he flatters to deceive too often and spends time out injured, should be moved on. 

Disagree. I have always been a fan of his, but as is typical of our support we seem to think you have to be brilliant every game. Let's face it, a lot of our fans are poison at the games and do nothing to support the team. It is not surprising we won the league when no fans were allowed in. Today, looked a small crowd and we played great football. I for one was delighted to see him play superbly today.

Just now, Bigeasy said:

Disagree. I have always been a fan of his, but as is typical of our support we seem to think you have to be brilliant every game. Let's face it, a lot of our fans are poison at the games and do nothing to support the team. It is not surprising we won the league when no fans were allowed in. Today, looked a small crowd and we played great football. I for one was delighted to see him play superbly today.

Not really interested in getting into it about what fans do or don't do tbh mate. 

Matondo has attributes, his stats will tell you he hasn't delivered enough across the 2 years he's been here. And, each to their own, but I don't think we should be waiting 3 years for a Rangers player on upwards of 25k per week to deliver consistently. But If we can have a season of performances like today, we'll all be very happy with him. As I said in the match thread, he seems well liked in the dressing room. 

8 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Not to take away from a great performance but it was Ross County ffs ... 

Again, I know he’s shown signs against better teams, but keeping players that perform against shite competition is how we ended up with the wage bill we have now.

Someone wants him and are willing to pay, he has to go. 

The same county that effectively fucked us for the title last season btw

22 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

The same county that effectively fucked us for the title last season btw

I mean they lost their best player to Hearts and are a totally different team, but if we’re playing that game … 

The same county that lost to a League 2 side last week btw 

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

6 goals without reply 

Top of the League

Full House at Hampden 

New players coming in

Injured players coming back 

Returning to Ibrox soon

European football just around the corner

Crisis.... What Crisis?

😂😂😂

Full house aye lol 

3 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

I mean they lost their best player to Hearts and are a totally different team, but if we’re playing that game … 

The same county that lost to a League 2 side last week btw 

Issue is we have struggled against teams like that today, and i highly suspect had butland not saved that one at nil nil we'd have struggled today

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

TBF he needs a sustained run of games, makes me laugh we are quick to change the wingers but in other areas people are allowed to stink the place out week in and week out and are stick on starters regardless.

Aye, but he's been here over two years and never done much to warrant a sustained run in the team.

But I do genuinely think today was his best performance in a Rangers jersey. 

Think today could be a provebial launchpad for the club. If we can now rid the squad of some deadwood and sign a couple of players before the weekend, we'll be in a much better place. 

Delighted with today, was looking for a solid win win some goals and a clean sheet with no fuck ups at the back.

Quality of goals were excellent and you could see the benefit of confidence gives guys like Matondo and Dessers.

Minor gripe was the last substitute, we know what McCausland brings but why not bring on McKinnon, King or Rice for Barron?

Ross County look well short from last season, understandable losing Dhanda, Murray, Iacovitti and Baldwin but they are in for a tough season.

29 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Issue is we have struggled against teams like that today, and i highly suspect had butland not saved that one at nil nil we'd have struggled today

they also lost Simon Murray their top goal scorer