Board Issues

the goal machine

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Don't disagree mate. My concern is had it been someone other than Bennet would we still be floating? Certainly he's a massive part of that problem but I always felt he wouldn't let us get into the same place we were back a few years ago compared to say an American with no love for the club.

Absolutely. And btw cutting the ridiculous wage bill was the correct thing to do running at our losses of last few years was unstatainable. My worry is why did it need to be cut so fast and why have the architects of that plan left?

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Absolutely. And btw cutting the ridiculous wage bill was the correct thing to do running at our losses of last few years was unstatainable. My worry is why did it need to be cut so fast and why have the architects of that plan left?

It was through sheer mismanagement that we had to buy I'd definitely be more concerned if we had the same wage bill just now. Still baffles me how much we've actually spent even this season.

31 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I think investment would surely be conditional on new investors getting their own people on the board. Which is obviously where care is needed. 

Because the current board have been so great?

Hopefully there is monumental change coming including new investment, hard nosed professionals who won’t take shit from anyone and, before all of that, due diligence and a forensic diagnosis of years of gross mismanagement.

15 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

We got rid of sixteen players ok all not first team starters, but that is still a lot of wages, which needed done

First of all, get well soon JB...

Is this worrying times or exciting times? I see it as the latter. We have needed change at the top for a while. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind seeing King involved again to steady the ship.

Foreign investors are a gamble ( I.e Man U), but it's probably the quickest and only way to bridge the gap.

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Very intrigued to see if it means there’s new investors coming into the club, or if it just means the existing lot are just playing musical chairs

Personnel changes on any board mostly happen post-takeover.  Suspect this is merely musical chairs.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Is this worrying times or exciting times? I see it as the latter. We have needed change at the top for a while. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind seeing King involved again to steady the ship.

Foreign investors are a gamble ( I.e Man U), but it's probably the quickest and only way to bridge the gap.

Any foreign investment will be chased away unless linked to a current board member. Probably why a link to Asian money would be the most likely if Gibson can do that or would be willing to

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Glass half full loyal.

Leaving aside any speculation about the reasons, it provides an opportunity for complete clear out and a new approach.

The club needs a total reset.

Wish I shared your glass half full optimism, permanently scarred from previous regimes.

58 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Can't be worrying times because it can't get any worse tbf :lol: a mess on and off the park.

I do agree fully with your post though my dude.

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

FFP rules change end of this season i believe or maybe for this season

If we knew this season was gonna be a write off, might as well rip the plaster off instead of gently peeling it off, get it over and done with 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The thought of the Park’s having more control and foreign ownership both give me the fear.

Dont know which is worse tbh.

Things need to get better, but equally could be much much worse.

That's why I think king will make a return. Not a chance he's giving the Parks the power 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The thought of the Park’s having more control and foreign ownership both give me the fear.

Its not foreign ownership, if rumours are to be believed it's wealthy fans from asia (honk kong apparently) who want in but without the parks

This was the stuff wee neilly alluded to over a decade ago on here iirc

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

In part I think it needed to be cut this fast because the players on high wages were not performing.

29 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah it's a double edged sword.

Plenty of clubs have gone foreign owners and suffered for it. 

Parks in control we know how that goes. They've clearly demonstrated they can't run this club. 

Twist my arm I'd rather gamble on new owners with fresh ideas vs the rangers men who have failed many times over. 

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It certainly can.

Foreign ownership is an absolute disaster for many clubs. 

If anyone from abroad (Saudi, Far East, US wherever) has been remotely considering making a move, then this is the time.

There will never be a better opportunity to take over a club with global support and 50k paying customers coming through the door every week.

2 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Now to find a Bluenose Sugar Daddy.

Unsure if even that would help what with the FFP rules in place, although I hasten to add I am by no means fully clued up on these rules. My basic understanding is though that what you can spend depends on your business turnover, and not how many gazillions of £'s your Saudi Prince owner has in the bank.

4 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Unsure if even that would help what with the FFP rules in place, although I hasten to add I am by no means fully clued up on these rules. My basic understanding is though that what you can spend depends on your business turnover, and not how many gazillions of £'s your Saudi Prince owner has in the bank.

A proper Saudi prince could pay the fines and saw the dismembered bones of the UEFA executives stopping us signing Shankland.  :craphead: