Good or bad scenario?

SteveEarle

A decent result for us tonight in Warsaw but the tie is certainly still in the balance.  I’ve read a lot of comments on here recently regarding it being detrimental to our chances of winning the league this season should the scum not qualify for the Europa League stages as well as us.  It’s felt they would be much fresher for their league games without midweek European fixtures and perhaps wouldn't drop as many points. They sadly now look like they have one foot in the group stages after tonight’s result.

Obviously I want us to win every game we play and go as far in every competition that we enter as we can but, worst case scenario next Thursday we draw or don’t get through, how many fans would sacrifice a Europa League run if we knew it would stop the pricks winning nine in a row???  Would our freshness and their tiredness be beneficial for us getting 55?

Obviously in an ideal world we do it both, but now that it looks like they’re through would us going out be seen as a complete disaster or possibly beneficial in the long run???

Not an easy question......

It is quite a hard question to answer as all Rangers supporters want the team to do well in all competitions. But in saying that I have said all along the league title must be the priority we need to win the league and if that means sacrificing the other competitions then so be it. Still think we will win and go through next week though . And do well in the cups we have a good team now and we will prove it.

We want both it’s not hard.

Foderingham

Polster Edmundson Helander Barisic

Docherty King Kamara

Jones Defoe Stewart

Thats a team of players who didn’t start tonight. We’re obviously not going to change a full 11 players after every European game but there’s more than enough there to do well in all competitions 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The Extra cash is worth progressing but the league is our main objective so I won’t be overly bothered if we don’t 

There’s no chance of us winning the EL.

It’s roughly 14m we would bring in. It’s not just a bit of extra cash.

Get there, play a weakened team that will still fight tooth and nail, collect the cash.

Use cash to boost league challenge.

3 hours ago, Denton said:

It’s roughly 14m we would bring in. It’s not just a bit of extra cash.

No chance it brings in 14m.

Group stage participation is just under €3m with about 500k per win once there.

Being very generous and saying that we make circa £1m per home game after expenses.

That all adds up to approx 5.5m plus whatever we win for points accumulated. 

So how do you come up with a figure of roughly 14m for making the groups? 

I don't honestly think fatigue from Euro games is such a big factor in our domestic campaign. There are other factors that will have far more significance, like our mentality and our quality. Both of these seem to be there, the best teams compete on both fronts and so can we. 

2 hours ago, TheCutch said:

No chance it brings in 14m.

Group stage participation is just under €3m with about 500k per win once there.

Being very generous and saying that we make circa £1m per home game after expenses.

That all adds up to approx 5.5m plus whatever we win for points accumulated. 

So how do you come up with a figure of roughly 14m for making the groups? 

I don’t know where the €14m figure has come from, but you make €3m for qualification, plus €190k per point in the groups. 

On top of that we get 40% of Scotland’s TV grant, plus a coefficient grant, the size of which is determined by our coefficient relative to all other qualifiers.

54 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I don’t know where the €14m figure has come from, but you make €3m for qualification, plus €190k per point in the groups. 

On top of that we get 40% of Scotland’s TV grant, plus a coefficient grant, the size of which is determined by our coefficient relative to all other qualifiers.

Gate receipts too. £30 × 50,000 × 3 is £4.5m before costs. 

I wouldn't shed a tear if Warsaw put us out and they went through next week. Our main focus has to win the league and come the end of the season that could come down to points we lost at St Johnstone because we were coming back from deepest darkest Russia. 

8 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Fuckin hate these dream world threads. 

Anyway there's no choices in the real world. We go out and do our best in every game and everything will take care of itself. That's what I want. 

Most of the threads on RM are dream world to be fair. Who should we sign? If we’d made substitutions earlier, we all pick different players for every game.  This is just another scenario to debate. 

There have been posters on here who have genuinely said celtic going out of Europe could harm our chances of winning the league. 

Christ bud, I clearly want the best for us all the time but I’m just flipping that theory and asking if it will be seen as positively if we fail to go through.

For the record, I want us in every competition for as long as possible BUT going out of Europe, with them going through, MIGHT not be the biggest disaster.  As a rule this would never normally even be a consideration but this is a crucial season for us to stop 9 in a row.

I would probably like to achieve that at whatever the cost!

It’s not a case of one or the other.  We should be competing in Europe and domestically.  The fans want European nights until Christmas, and it earns the club millions too.

The first season Rodgers was in charge they qualified for the Champions League.  It was said on here that would be detrimental to them as they would have European hangovers and we would be fresh.  They finished the domestic season unbeaten and we finished third in The league.  So teams can compete in Europe and do well domestically it’s not one or the other.

I also hope celtic get parped out in the second leg of their qualifier next week.  I remember when Lennon first took over celtic he beat Utrecht 2-0 at Parkhead, then lost the away fixture 4-0.  This celtic team has a shaky defense and these European sides are much stronger at home so they’re not through yet.