Favourite Random Goal

Essandoh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If only that boy had screwed the nut he could have been a big player. Didn't have the mindset or intelligence to make it at a big club. He has decent ability. I.m sure once he's older and wiser he'll have some regrets.

2 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

If only that boy had screwed the nut he could have been a big player. Didn't have the mindset or intelligence to make it at a big club. He has decent ability. I.m sure once he's older and wiser he'll have some regrets.

Agreed. A decent player but let himself down with poor professionalism. Really hoped he would kick on when SG came in but think £2m was a good deal all things considered. 

3 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

I've no time for Windass whatsoever but the truth is we haven't replaced his goals. I said it this time last year and was ridiculed for it because we'd scored the same number of goals, or possibly more, collectively over the season but I'm still convinced that we've missed that "type" of player. An attacking midfielder/second striker who scores goals, someone else for the opposition to worry about other than Morelos, and someone to take the burden off him or whoever the starting CF is if they're having an off day. 

Completely agree with the poster who says he'll have regrets when he retires, no doubt about that. He had enough talent to play at the top level if he'd had the mentality and drive to improve to match, but not enough to get there in talent alone. That's why he was never cut out for us long term and why he'll float around the lower divisions in England achieving nothing for the rest of his career. 

Brilliant goal though. 

9 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Friendly against Spurs in 2004. Mendes and Defoe played against us that night.

always amazed at the crowds we get in friendlies fantastic atmosphere and great goal from the wee man did kean3e not get stretchered off in that game ?

11 minutes ago, hawkfalcons said:

absolute belter

I actually think the guy had talent and could possibly have done a job for us. Whether he didn't apply himself in training or not, no one really knows. His two goals that day were class! Of course......if only Forrester had squared it......