Boxing and MMA

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

I honestly don’t think the UFC will do anything other than say some shit publicly. As much as Dana White wants to talk fucking shite about how this isn’t the UFC’s values etc - it’s exactly what the UFC became by allowing McGregor to become the face of the sport. 

This sort of thing creates drama and drama creates money which is the only thing Dana White is interested in. 

Unless he thinks the most money is to be made by punishing him. 

Ban him for 6 months then do the re-match. Promotes itself.

As expected all the taigs now greetin about the what happened to the poor papish bastard. The wanker will now get his way and Khabib will be stripped of title and a rematch ordered. Amazing hes now the poor victim after all the garbage him and his team have spouted all week.

Roll on round two cause hes getting torn apart again if he has the bottle to go in the ring with this guy again...........

41 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Conor Mcgregor should never have fought him until he got 2 or 3 UFC fights under him before he stepped in with him.

Don’t think 2 or 3 fights would have done him any good. Complete levels apart and despite the fact he did pretty well to resist some of Khabib’s takedowns, that style is literally McGregor’s Kryptonite and it was only a matter of time before he tapped out. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I honestly don’t think the UFC will do anything other than say some shit publicly. As much as Dana White wants to talk fucking shite about how this isn’t the UFC’s values etc - it’s exactly what the UFC became by allowing McGregor to become the face of the sport. 

This sort of thing creates drama and drama creates money which is the only thing Dana White is interested in. 

Its not really up to the UFC. If the Nevada State Athletic Commission suspend Khabib the UFC have no choice but to comply, they've already withheld his check. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a huge suspension.

2 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

Its not really up to the UFC. If the Nevada State Athletic Commission suspend Khabib the UFC have no choice but to comply, they've already withheld his check. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a huge suspension.

Given their history of weak AF sanctions for stuff I’d be shocked if he got longer than 6 months but he could just fight elsewhere as long as the UFC didn’t also ban him?

edit and it wouldn’t be unusual for the state to ban him but UFC not to. Has happened in boxing, most recently with alvarez who avoided any international sanctions from world boxing organisations but had a 6 month Nevada ban