RFC55

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite a write up.................

RANGERS have landed the new Andrea Pirlo if they complete the loan signing of Emerson Hyndman, according to legendary German boss Felix Magath.

The 20-year-old looks set to become Mark Warburtonā€™s first January signing afterĀ arriving in Glasgow today to clinch his loan move from Bournemouth.

The midfielder comes with quite some pedigree after being lauded by former Bayern Munich boss Magath and ex-USA manager Jurgen Klinsmann.

And Magath, who had Hyndman on his books during his spell as manager of Fulham in 2014, was full of praise for the youngster.

He said: ā€œI have never seen a player of his age play like he does ā€“ he passes like an old professional.

ā€œIā€™m sure he will be a good player. His role could be similar to the one that Andrea Pirlo plays, responsible for the forward play of the team from deep.ā€

And former Spurs and Germany ace Klinsmann was also hugely impressed with Hyndman, after he handed him his full international debut three years ago in a friendly against Czech Republic.

He insisted: ā€œEmerson is phenomenal. This kid came to our first game after the World Cup, and in our first training session he played like he was always with us.

ā€œAt that time he was barely 18. I said to my coach: ā€˜Are you seeing what Iā€™m seeing?ā€™ Everyone was like ā€˜woah.ā€™ā€

And Hyndman himself, who was strongly linked with a summer move to Celtic when his contract at Craven Cottage expired, revealed why he chose to snub the Hoops and join Eddie Howeā€™s side.

He said: ā€œThere were a few clubs in the mix and stuff, but the manager here really explained what he wanted to do, both with Bournemouth and with me.

ā€œHeā€™s developed players from the lower leagues to the Premier League, which is a huge achievement, so I knew he was well respected for that.

ā€œEddie Howe has an agenda and heā€™s looking forward to developing players right now, and I want to be a part of that.

ā€œMy first meeting with the manager was just a casual meeting and it was actually very brief. There was nothing too detailed ā€“ just his plans for me and for the team.

ā€œYou can obviously tell heā€™s an intelligent guy and heā€™s really passionate about working with players and getting to know them.

12 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Quite a write up.................

RANGERS have landed the new Andrea Pirlo if they complete the loan signing of Emerson Hyndman, according to legendary German boss Felix Magath.

The 20-year-old looks set to become Mark Warburtonā€™s first January signing afterĀ arriving in Glasgow today to clinch his loan move from Bournemouth.

The midfielder comes with quite some pedigree after being lauded by former Bayern Munich boss Magath and ex-USA manager Jurgen Klinsmann.

And Magath, who had Hyndman on his books during his spell as manager of Fulham in 2014, was full of praise for the youngster.

He said: ā€œI have never seen a player of his age play like he does ā€“ he passes like an old professional.

ā€œIā€™m sure he will be a good player. His role could be similar to the one that Andrea Pirlo plays, responsible for the forward play of the team from deep.ā€

And former Spurs and Germany ace Klinsmann was also hugely impressed with Hyndman, after he handed him his full international debut three years ago in a friendly against Czech Republic.

He insisted: ā€œEmerson is phenomenal. This kid came to our first game after the World Cup, and in our first training session he played like he was always with us.

ā€œAt that time he was barely 18. I said to my coach: ā€˜Are you seeing what Iā€™m seeing?ā€™ Everyone was like ā€˜woah.ā€™ā€

And Hyndman himself, who was strongly linked with a summer move to Celtic when his contract at Craven Cottage expired, revealed why he chose to snub the Hoops and join Eddie Howeā€™s side.

He said: ā€œThere were a few clubs in the mix and stuff, but the manager here really explained what he wanted to do, both with Bournemouth and with me.

ā€œHeā€™s developed players from the lower leagues to the Premier League, which is a huge achievement, so I knew he was well respected for that.

ā€œEddie Howe has an agenda and heā€™s looking forward to developing players right now, and I want to be a part of that.

ā€œMy first meeting with the manager was just a casual meeting and it was actually very brief. There was nothing too detailed ā€“ just his plans for me and for the team.

ā€œYou can obviously tell heā€™s an intelligent guy and heā€™s really passionate about working with players and getting to know them.

High praise indeed! Bet he flops :lol:

Well I'm excited. The prospect of seeing two new guys in the midfield is an appealing one.Ā 

Dunno if they'll be any good, but it at least gives a bit of hope. Being stuck with the midfield we've got now feels hopeless.

Think he'll add something different to the midfield and should walk into the team no bother at all can't help but think we could be doing with someone sitting back doing the graft making crunching tackles for 90 mins that's what we really need someone like Bielik on loan or Lewis CookĀ