Overreactionary nonsense

Bluepeter9

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It was an abortion of a game - but if you If you showed them the league table who would that person say was the better team overall? 

I understand the point that its based over the course of a season and that there will be blips along the way, and we should finish second,but there seems to be a lack of fight,tactical nouse and an inability to change things when the cards are stacked against us. The manager looks defeated. I was a supporter of him until last night. To me it looks like he has taken the team as far as he is capable of,and a Change is needed to get us clear in second place. 

The thing is,hearts have Motherwell I think this weekend. I'd be wiling to bet the mortgage that they don't win that game. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Well shit result but it does really bring out those that howl At the moon on here. The lack of realistic expectation about what it takes to build a team, the inability to look at a bigger picture and a lack of patience is evident. 

Most on here at the start of the season only expected second, many were expecting third or fourth and imho a manager should be judged over a period of time and yet we have out rabid who almost joyfully can't wait to put the boot in every time we have a poor result and then call that support.

calling for patience on here is like asking Trump to stop tweeting nonsense - impossible. But once again I believe the corrrect course of action is to get behind the management and continue our magnificent support but I suspect the howling mob don't have that in them. 

I never noticed any Bluepeter9:angrywillie:

32 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The only thing that bothers me about the comments towards Warburton are those calling him a cunt, I'm sorry but I just don't go there for our own.

He is out of his depth and we are going nowhere fast. Even if we finish second just how many points behind the mhanks are we going to be? 30? 35? It's completely and utterly unacceptable. The second most expensive team in Scotland and all we get is this up and down topsy turvy, brilliant for 15 minutes, shite for the rest of the game, gifting goals by playing the same players that let you down over and over again even though you have options.

The whole thing over Hyndman last night was beyond words. If you are in a game where you are LOSING you don't bring off your best player who was your best player at that moment and leave on another midfielder who CLEARLY unfit (Toral). He explained the sub, I think his explanation shows he values our relationship with Premiership clubs more than our club, our supporters. Even that explanation was contradictory. Toral is not match fit, if he is then he's a disgrace of a professional sportsman, so I believe he's the one who isn't fit and Hyndman looked full of energy, bustling about in midfield. If any substitutions should have been made then it should have been Halliday coming off for that disgrace of a gift of possession that led to the second goal.

You can spout the same rhetoric saying 99% on here are overreacting drama queens as much as you like but that will not change the fact that Warburton cannot cut it here. He isn't learning from his own mistakes because if he was Kiernan wouldn't play again, Halliday wouldn't play again. Those are the most obvious mistakes that he keeps making over and over.

I suspect with £50m in the bank he'd probably still play Kiernan and Halliday because he's a nice guy. He wants to create a positive atmosphere where people can air their views and are respected. Managers like that are not winners, they might help youth players by not being too hard on them but when you manage this club there are standards that must be met and if you can't meet them you need to leave.

I wanted it to work, I have enjoyed some good times under his tenure but 4-1 away to Hearts is absolutely and utterly unacceptable in any set of circumstances.

Very good post and totally agree about the name calling of the manager. My own frustrations over the last calender year began when it was apparent the defence was the problem, then the style of football with no end product. The problem in recent months escalated to the fact the midfield is actually our weakest link. As like many Rangers fans we have seen this all coming to a head a long way out. The goals scored and the goal difference is utterly appalling but for a Rangers team to be rag dolled twice in a few months at Tynecastle by a Hearts side  that gets turned over every other week is just criminal.

That substitution of Hyndman last night blew the ship out the water for me. Warbuton must be sacked today.

38 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Delusional is thinking that just because we are Rangers that there is some sort of magic wand to be waved and suddenly we are at the top again - it's hard work to be the best - it takes time patience and perseverance, a journey, and over the piece I believe we are on that Ricky trajectory upwards - but 'growth' is never simple nor linear. But hey ho best just to slag everything off and jump and down and call for change every few minutes. 

BP, no one can accuse me of a knee jerk reaction, indeed the accusation could be blind faith (worse stubbornness) as I have consistently stood by the manager however what we are seeing is unacceptable. 

It doesn't really matter what budget you have, what league you play in, in fact it doesn't matter what profession, to keep making the same mistakes over and over again is unforgivable and that is what he is doing. It is beyond frustrating as he does tick a lot of boxes for us however he is either too stubborn or stupid (I don't believe the latter) to change. 

We have a couple of players in that team who gift goals, absolute liabilities and it's being going on for over a year. That they remain in the team sits with him.  It's easy to say in hindsight but did it surprise anyone that Kiernan cost us a goal last night (2 imo) or that's Halliday would be lost and useless? 

There is a bigger picture to consider however the big picture has no bearing on the repetitive nature of our short comings  

48 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Some people need to log-out and take some time away from the forum, I think.

The mock account Kerryfail Street was built on topics like "Get To Fuck Warburton" and comments like "you're a cunt" to a fellow bluenose who suggests things aren't quite as bad as you think. It's genuinely embarassing.

I saw someone post that they had never felt worse as a Rangers fan, for fuck's sake. Off the top my head, I can thnk of two; the day we went into administration and at full-time at Fir Park following our 6-1 aggregate defeat in the Play-Off final by categorically the worst top flight side in Scotland.

Perspective is completely and utterly lacking, big time.

Bollocks

Well shit result but it does really bring out those that howl At the moon on here. The lack of realistic expectation about what it takes to build a team, the inability to look at a bigger picture and a lack of patience is evident. 

Most on here at the start of the season only expected second, many were expecting third or fourth and imho a manager should be judged over a period of time and yet we have out rabid who almost joyfully can't wait to put the boot in every time we have a poor result and then call that support.

calling for patience on here is like asking Trump to stop tweeting nonsense - impossible. But once again I believe the corrrect course of action is to get behind the management and continue our magnificent support but I suspect the howling mob don't have that in them. 

I agree with you in terms of Warburton, to a degree, and I think we have to be patient, but the team needs investment, because there are players here that are not good enough. The players who are not good enough are the ones who made the mistakes last night, and not for the first time either. Getting rid of the manager is well and good, but some of the names that people were suggesting were either not who would come on Warburton's budget, and some others were not as good or even better than him. For now, I'm for Warburton staying, but the lack of investment in the first team can't continue.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

shut up ya fanny.

second place many would have taken. 25 points behind basically the same Fenian team we made to look like wee lassies only 9 month back on February the 1st should never be acceptable to any Rangers fan.

Argue about budgets etc all day long but a manager has to make use of his budgets accordingly. He hasn't  done that. It's time to go.

Rangers have played. Falkirk Hibs. Jimmy Saville FC, sheep and hearts away. We've never won a game under him against them away. In 8 games we've averaged about 1.1 goals a game and conceded over double that. So in 8 games we've scored 9 and conceded 23 

That's a disgrace.

Don't know if I need to remind you but Ross county and St johnstone are unbeaten against us. 

Never mind not winning an away game against any of those teams, we've lost everyone of them.

P 8 L 8

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I've held the hope that MW could be the man. Said I'd give him this window and a few months to show improvement on 1st half of season. I'm holding onto my hope but coming to realise I'm likely wrong, he's not good enough.

He relies on players too often and those players cost us - Halliday, Kiernan Tav. His subs very rarely make impact.

We are so predictable to play against and lack leaders.

He hasn't addressed really key deficiencies and has us weak all over the park. 

Last night I saw in his face the look of a defeated man. He spoke words but his face said more.

I don't think he's incapable of developing a team, of developing and making money on players, possibly just not here.

It's taken too long for him to understand in Scottish football most games need battles won. That most teams hate us and want our scalp. This isn't Brentford where it's an non descript team to play, it's the Rangers and it's a final.

He's had his transfer windows and opportunities and whilst I think he's been fucked over by the board I don't see that changing. And as such I don't see him being the man to be able to beat consistently the rest of the spl never mind bridge gaps with the bheast.

Really disappointed in how it's panning out. He's simply not addressed the short term whilst rebuilding the longer term. And now understandably has lost the backing of the majority of support.

I'll give him a bit longer but fully understand those wanting him gone. 

Interesting observation, and I agree.

image.gif

image.jpeg

None of this is an overreaction, the reason that we are the worlds most decorated football club, is because we have never accepted defeats....and way more importantly performances like that. we will not win every game, BUT we expect to and if we dont win, serious questions are asked. that is what has driven out past teams to success over and over again. So far this season I have said twice to mates etc "that is the worst rangers performance i have seen in my 27 years of being a supporter" one was in the 5-1 defeat, the other at Tynecastle in November and last night. 3 of the worst PERFORMANCES I have seen have come in one season. When we lose I can get over it if its one of these games where you dont have the luck, the opposition get lucky or whichever (even still questions are asked). But not a single player in blue last night looked like they wanted to win that game. I have supported MW from the get go, and will continue to until he is no longer our manger. But right now he deserves (and the players) to know how fucking shite they have been over and over again! MW changed nothing last night, he did nothing to impact that game. they didny know what they were doing,  the worst of it was hearts didn't play fantastically, that is one of their best results, but I bet you its not one of their best performances, they deserved the win but they did noting world class they simply wanted it more than us! ! as someone else said, we had no fight, nobody wanted to win that game there was no motivation there was no aggression, once the 2nd went in they accepted defeat.  This is not an "overreaction" this is a reaction to the SINGLE WORST RANGERS PERFORMANCE, I have ever seen.

20 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

He  cant put out a team that can do even the basics in terms of defending. I would guess that he told his team to keep it tight at the start of first half - but he send them out in an attacking formation - so how does that work? they lost an easy goal inside 4 mins. I would bet he then said at half time - keep it tight - but had no change in formation - and we lost an easy goal within 4 mins.

He repeats the same mistakes time and time again - yet says his team has to learn. He himself  has learned absolutely nothing about scottish football, he has learned nothing about setting up a team, he has learned nothing about the players he has and their limitations. The perfect example of this is Tav - he had his arse felt against this mob at tynecastle last time - yet he starts him again - in fact started with the same back 4 that couldnt handle hearts away last time.

Halliday appears un-subbable despite being truly atrocious last night. If we learned anything we didnt apply it and essentially just hoped for a better result.

On a night when Aberdeen were at cellic park and were probably going to get beat, an away draw wouldnt have been that bad a result last night. But the only way MW is getting a draw is if it 4-4. Watch our players when the other team has the ball - theres no organisation, theres no "2 banks of 4" - they just run around like headless chickens diving into tackles.

I dont think I have ever seen a manager so inept at sending out a team and asking it to be compact and disciplined. He plays playground football.

He's a youth team coach mate, plain and simple for all to see.  Has no idea what it takes to be manager of a club like Rangers. He peaked at Brentford and that's as good as things will get for him in managment.   Feel bad for him but he needs a reality check and needs to move on and let us bring in a real football man and start re-building all over again... again:megaanguish:

The board need to step up aswell and find a way to bring proper investment in to fund the rebuild,  if they can't do that then they too need to GTF. 

You're 60? So you lived through the Greig era and when the tims dominated us? And by the sounds of it you're more than happy for that to happen again? What is actually wrong with you? 

Back in those days it was an achievement to get 10k at a game and for us to win the Glasgow cup ffs.