*** The Official Hamilton Accies vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just what the doctor ordered. We had a spell in the first half when we just blew them away. We need to find the confidence to play like that for longer periods. John was pure class 1st. half, Dorrans controlled the game easily. I'd ease McCrorie in rather than replace Cardoso.

10 men, 4-1 win in the bag. All day fucking long.

Downnside, Cordosa confirmed he is a donkey. Dorrans has again shown little. Pena, haven't a fucking clue what WTF he is and sadly neither does he by the looks of it.

On the plus, Declan John is a fucking hero. A player. Great spirit from the team all round.

Our frailties continue to be on show, but slowly I can see  there is improvement. I can see what Pedro is trying to do in persevering with Windass, but he just doesn't have an end product. 

Just can't be dissappointed though with a 4-1 victory away from home on the worst surface in Britain. Those cunts want shot for it.

Well done the Pedro. You deserve the plaudits after the shite you've been put throug. 

23 minutes ago, bear822 said:

Mixed thoughts oan this. 

Have we showed fight after the poor start ? YES. 

Is it a good performance considering the press would have you believe we are a fractured unit ? YES. 

Would we have showed the same fight last week if we had lost a goal that early ? ??

I really want Pedro to succeed, but I fear time and fan expectation will kill us once again. 

Why would fan expectation matter right now after a good win like that?

Think Pedro will have the team in the place it should be with this squad at the end of the season which is 2nd and I think a good chance of finally winning a cup again. Which for me all things considered would be a success. The players aren't good enough yet to beat celtic over 38 games to win a league. 

Good win despite our dodgy defence.  Didn't think we played particularly well as we were really sloppy at times.  Showed character after going down to 10 men but we sat far too far back at that point.  Pitch was awful.   Slow at closing them down.  Pena was no worse than Jack for me.  I've still to see a game where both Jack and Dorrans played well at the same time.  Windass is clueless.   Cardoso needs a boot up the backside.   The team is crying out for a proper loud-mouthed (in volume) leader on the park to encourage and guide players around him.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Good win despite our dodgy defence.  Didn't think we played particularly well as we were really sloppy at times.  Showed character after going down to 10 men but we sat far too far back at that point.  Pitch was awful.   Slow at closing them down.  Pena was no worse than Jack for me.  I've still to see a game where both Jack and Dorrans played well at the same time.  Windass is clueless.   Cardoso needs a boot up the backside.   The team is crying out for a proper loud-mouthed (in volume) leader on the park to encourage and guide players around him.

Tbh, I think we are much better now at closing down in midfield. Jack was an idiot for getting sent off. Dorrans was good. Agree about Cardoso. Anyway, great ,comfortable win on a shit pitch with ten men for most of the second half.

10 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I thought his post was fine...last week was different world, other than that fine.

Aye I edited to a less reactionary post after you quoted. All I wanted tonight was a win but that was a good one considering the first 56 seconds, the ref and our response.

I keep saying there's something in this team but it depends on how long it gets to play out. Declan is better than Wallace 100%, the back four look stronger for it. We're hopefully building a stronger defensive side to us.