Nikola Katic Signs

RDFM

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's not questioning anyone, he's just saying it was quick - which it was.

Not if you believe it has taken 3 weeks though. Which is admittedly still fast compared to previous efforts.

I didn’t mean him specifically, I meant the support.

Feeling confident about this one. So much talent in that region. You just have to look at where some of Dinamo Zagreb's players have gone this summer;

Borna Sosa --> Stuttgart (5.4 million)

Ante Coric --> Roma (5.4 million)

16 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Quite excited about this one. Hopefully we sign a good partner for him at the back and we can finally have a solid defence. 

If Goldson signs on as expected then we have sorted out the centre back problem in a relative short time frame which is pleasing but before we start waxing lyrical we were in the same position last year with cardoso and Alves....the proof will lie in the performances.....in saying that I trust Gerrards judgement on players 1000% more than pedros 

What are his strengths?

Naturally, the 6ft 4in defender is strong in the air, winning an average of 8.91 aerial duels per game. That's just 64.1 per cent of the headers he competes for but only Alves won a higher percentage of aerial duels than Katic among the centre backs Rangers used last season.

Katic is also a good tackler and isn't afraid to go to ground in his attempts to win the ball. His positional sense allows him to get into the right areas to win the ball back and has been a big part in his rise over the past year and a half.

He's also a natural leader. Katic has already been handed the armband for Slaven Belupo on occasion despite his young age and is very much seen as a top prospect.

What are his weaknesses?

Katic isn't a ball-playing centre back and has work to do on his passing. That could well come with the right coaching and, when it comes to the fundamental aspects of defending, he appears to have all the other key attributes to be a good centre back.

Katic's passing stats show he completes just 78.3 per cent of all of his passes and that drops to just 46 per cent for long balls with only David Bates having a lower success rate from Rangers defenders last season.