***Betfred Cup Second Round Draw***

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We've only beat them once in the last 5 matches, it's a tricky draw!

Fair enough but we are not that powder puff team from the last 2 seasons. Not saying it will be easy but we should win, and am fair confident we will.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Odds will most likely be determined based on how us and Kilmarnock perform in the opening two league games. Should we get 6 points against Aberdeen and St Mirren would expect us to be faves.

If we go through this round in Europe we will.have played the Thursday before it.

3 hours ago, Guardian said:

We cant base anything on previous games. We have a completely different team and to be honest, if we can't go to Killie confident we might as well give up.

We now have a defence, a decent midfield, wingers and strikers which offers up many options on goal. All of which were previously lacking.

Anything can happen in a one off game, but we are much stronger on paper as well as on the pitch, so this should present few problems. 

How can we hope to beat the tarriers if we're worried about Killie ?

Steve Clarke's Kilmarnock side is well organised and they'll know our game plan even if they haven't came up against these specific players before.  I think celtic play a similar 4-3-3 pressing style and they were beaten at Rugby Park and held to a draw at Parkhead last year.  I don't think Kilmarnock will be pushovers but we should have enough quality to overcome them.  I don't think Kilmarnock convinced Mulumbu to stay and that'll be a blow he was a key player for them.  

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How can we not base it on previous games when there is still players who failed against Kilmarnock part of the side?

Not one person has used anything close to the term 'worried' but the over confidence is astounding based on very little. We're nowhere near as strong as previously so can't be confident of going to any top 6 side away and thinking it should present 'few problems'..

Currently have 2 defenders, what happens if one gets injured and we have to play Bradley or Wilson? Still a long way to go to be convinced we're much stronger, Cardoso was getting praised at this time last year. People were wanking over Alves. How did that work out? 

Don't buy into the attacking side either especially if Lafferty comes in. Morelos failed at times last year, Sadiq is unknown and not a fan of Lafferty. Kent is unknown and I don't think Candeias and Murphy are good enough starters personally. Hopefully I'm wrong but the over confidence on here astounds me after similar two seasons in a row which turned out to be horror seasons!

We were out of Europe by this time last year so how is it similar? We have yet to lose a goal but leaked goals last year. I am not over confident but I am glad I am not a miserable depressing fuck like you who has not got a good word to say about anyone at Ibrox.