Tavs role in the team

Bad Robot

27 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Tav is by far the best right back in the league he is also club captain he is going nowhere Flanagan was signed to cover injuries and suspensions a big upgrade on Hodson he will be used as a handy squad option that is all he is an average steady full back and valuable squad option

Tav and Flanagan have both been making mistakes over the last few games and although I’m not convinced with Flanagan yet he does get a pass to an extent as he’s playing on the opposite flank. Interesting times but yes massive upgrade from Hodson and we have more players to cover a number of positions which is a good thing.

I still don’t think Tav should be the captain.

Tav is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me and he deserves it!

We all know his defending isn’t as good as his attacking but people blow it way out of proportion. He’s not a terrible defender.

He is quick, strong, good in the air, very good on the ball and has a terrific delivery, there’s a reason why premier league teams are sniffing around him.

Over and above that though, he constantly talks throughout the match, organising people, encouraging people and you can see the players respect him.

People are saying we need better to challenge celtic but he would walk into their team and is better than right backs we’ve had recently who have won trophies ie Broadfoot, Whittaker, Foster...

If a good bid comes in it would make sense to sell him but I wouldn’t be in a rush to sell  

5 hours ago, Del said:

Tav is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me and he deserves it!

We all know his defending isn’t as good as his attacking but people blow it way out of proportion. He’s not a terrible defender.

He is quick, strong, good in the air, very good on the ball and has a terrific delivery, there’s a reason why premier league teams are sniffing around him.

Over and above that though, he constantly talks throughout the match, organising people, encouraging people and you can see the players respect him.

People are saying we need better to challenge celtic but he would walk into their team and is better than right backs we’ve had recently who have won trophies ie Broadfoot, Whittaker, Foster...

If a good bid comes in it would make sense to sell him but I wouldn’t be in a rush to sell  

And I thougnt I was no well, ffs!

6 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Tav is by far the best right back in the league he is also club captain he is going nowhere Flanagan was signed to cover injuries and suspensions a big upgrade on Hodson he will be used as a handy squad option that is all he is an average steady full back and valuable squad option

Aye and City have just put in a 40 mil offer, saying it's good value for the best defender in Scotland!

:rofl:

4 hours ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we sold Tavernier soon. Gerrard HAD to choose someone to be captain to begin with. Doesn't mean he cant be dropped or sold. Personally i would bite the hand off someone for 3m for him right now.

Saying on sky we knocked back 4mil bid from West Brom

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I want Tav on my team but I would imagine in hindsight after a month or so Gerrard would probably want Goldson as captain.

Must admit I am thinking Goldy at Captain, I prefer a central defender or central midfielder and he is a cracking player. 

13 hours ago, GeeSS said:

I wonder if SG made him captain to increase his sale price, Rangers captain on his CV might have increased his value.