Morelos red rescinded

RangersMedia

8 minutes ago, thehost said:

SG said it was a scandal but said gave the ref a decision to make..... the others just downplayed it and said gave ref a decision to make...… I was shouting at Boydy who let that wee fat cunt dictate the "mood music" and chose to just not rock the boat rather than call out him, walker and the fat cunt commentator for their blatant bias

has that cunt, who threw the ball at an opposing player, been done

or may being done

retrospectively 

if not, why fucking not

And May’s assault on Jack, which caused a head injury, and the commentators had a chuckle about.

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Opening game of the season, a high profile game between two teams who don’t like each other, loud atmosphere, in front of a large watching audience  and a couple of physical players have a bit of tit-for-tat in the opening stages. What is it they say: “play the game, not the occasion” Surely that applies to referees too?

I mean i’m no referee but even a blind man could see that the sensible thing to do would be to pull both players aside and have a word with them because what he did there could easily have led to temperatures boiling over and him losing control of the game.

It was awful, awful officiating.

See, do you know what annoyed me, the ref just had a shout through his earpiece and off he went looking for Morelos, sent packing end of.

Should have been up having a discussion with the linesman, what happened, did he lash out, yeah well he kind of kicked out, anything else, well the defender barged him twice, ok I will have a word with the two of them, warn them and start the game as it's only about ten minutes gone.

But no that didn't happen, bet the cunt of a !inesman didn't even mention the barging and pushing bit conveniently.

But by that point the damage had been done to us.

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Given the importance of the decision I would have expected the referee to have a detailed conversation with the official about all of the circumstances surrounding the incident. You are right to say that, in the end, Clancy would have to accept a strong recommendation to issue a red card, but he did not even bother to go through the process of having this discussion face to face. Even allowing for all of this, the final responsibility for all the decisions made must lie with the referee, and in that sense, there should be some sanction imposed on Clancy. 

I've said I agree with the consult part. Imo a referee should be sanctioned for NOT following the observations noted and confirmed by a linesman. Can't then say he should be sanctioned for following it too.

The linesman was entirely in the wrong for the decision. Perhaps the ref was also at fault for missing the incident altogether. And Clancy was rank the whole game. But no way should a ref be sanctioned for how poor a linesman is, that's mental. 

Unless you want refs simply to ignore all linesmans decisions for stuff they missed in case they get punished for the linesman getting it wrong.

Referees need to start being punished for outrageous decisions, they should be demoted to the lower leagues like they do in England otherwise referees will always make these mistakes.

Look at the ref who sent off 3 Motherwell players against St Johnstone iirc last season, 2 of which were rescinded.  

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I look forward to more outbursts :lol:

Just shows that all those so called experts/pundits saying it was a defo red are a bunch of wankers.

It was always a yellow and a caution and for both players.

I had never even thought about it that way, total cunts and apologists in the media to that mob.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I look forward to more outbursts :lol:

Just shows that all those so called experts/pundits saying it was a defo red are a bunch of wankers.

It was always a yellow and a caution and for both players.

Not sure it even needed yellows that early in the game. Final warning for each would have been fine.

32 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Opening game of the season, a high profile game between two teams who don’t like each other, loud atmosphere, in front of a large watching audience  and a couple of physical players have a bit of tit-for-tat in the opening stages. What is it they say: “play the game, not the occasion” Surely that applies to referees too?

I mean i’m no referee but even a blind man could see that the sensible thing to do would be to pull both players aside and have a word with them because what he did there could easily have led to temperatures boiling over and him losing control of the game.

It was awful, awful officiating.

Taking into account that it’s the opening game/high profile/large audience would be “playing the occasion” wouldn’t it? 

Infuriating!

That fucking linesman and the ref cost us 3 points. This isn't the first time a ref has done this to us. The sheep were pish and there for the taking and as far as I'm concerned their decisions are tantamount to cheating. Pure and simple

There's a bit of money to be made from the bookies this year betting on late penalties against us and red cards in crucial games.