Games of two halves

GOAT

Why do we always seem to have good 45 minutes and rubbish 45 minutes?  First half the day we were as good as we’ve been all season, second half we were frustrating and wasteful.  Same as Thursday, first half we were rubbish, second half we were fantastic.  If we can keep that same level performance up for 90 minutes we’re going to give teams so absolute pumpings this season, but we need to keep up that level for the full game. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I'll hazard a guess as it was 3-0 and we rightfully calmed it second half as that second half on Thursday was just an onslaught.

The rapid captain said they couldntbfind a breath so think how hard it would Be been for our boys playing at that intensity.

Wish people would accept the day for the fantastic result and performance that it was.

The pressure on us was immense. We HAD to win that today 

I’m delighted, still doesn’t mean we couldn’t have done better.  Genuinely thought we were going to destroy them at half time. 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’m delighted, still doesn’t mean we couldn’t have done better.  Genuinely thought we were going to destroy them at half time. 

We absolutely could have done better, but players pushing themselves to breaking point for the sake of goal difference would not be very smart.

2 minutes ago, MasterD said:

When a team puts so much into a first half it's always going to take it's toll in the 2nd.

2nd half wasn't as bad as some have made out either if you take it on it's own rather than compare it to a great 1st half. The game died after the sending off.

Said as much earlier. It was only “bad” in the sense that we all wanted to smash them by 5 or 6. The job was done in the first half.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "If we didn't gift Rangers the first two goals I think the stats say we were in the game. That included 34 or 40 minutes with 10 men.

"I'd like that game again, in all honestly, because I think it would have been a different outcome."

?Aye we'd like it too,Craig

First half we were excellent but I was really disappointed in the second half today. 

They were there for the taking and with their back four all booked we should have bought Middleton on kept running at them.

History tells us that if we are there or thereabouts at the end of the season it's going to be tight and that means racking up as many goals as possible. With them putting 6 past St Johnstone today in some sense I feel like its a missed opportunity. Especially if we hammered Hearts it may dent their confidence - which needs to happen. I think if I was them I would be raring to have a go at us again - Levein said as much afterwards.

26 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'll hazard a guess as it was 3-0 and we rightfully calmed it second half as that second half on Thursday was just an onslaught.

The rapid captain said they couldntbfind a breath so think how hard it would Be been for our boys playing at that intensity.

Wish people would accept the day for the fantastic result and performance that it was.

The pressure on us was immense. We HAD to win that today 

We did an admirable job on getting that win too.  

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "If we didn't gift Rangers the first two goals I think the stats say we were in the game. That included 34 or 40 minutes with 10 men.

"I'd like that game again, in all honestly, because I think it would have been a different outcome."

So in other words “if Rangers had scored 1 instead of 3 it would have been a draw”. Cheers Craig.