How far we have come - a cliche

MattyBlue

I'm frustrated with the way we gave the ball away at times and that we could not take any of our chances.but I am over the moon with a draw against such strong opposition. And we even bossed the game at times and against spartak Moscow is something to be proud of along with being unbeaten in 11 games in Europe. Well done the Rangers now onto hampden.

When one of their players cost spartak more than we spent this entire summer on transfers you need to have a bit of perspective.

However that’s the Rangers way, never be happy with second best as it’s wha makes us the best. That game was there for the taking and I just hope we can get something over there in 2 weeks as I think Villarreal are going to win the group comfortably now.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Pumped in the 2nd half I have just read in the match thread:lol: 

Managers been in just over 26weeks its remarkable the job thats been done so far 

Some getting carried away IF we get out this group that is a massive achievement thats still the case  

The Russian manager deserves credit changing it at halftime with two subs stopping our wide men free space, we should as you say be applauding where we are and competing at this level, it’s not that long ago we were toiling against Ross County.

7 minutes ago, piperpete said:

The Russian manager deserves credit changing it at halftime with two subs stopping our wide men free space, we should as you say be applauding where we are and competing at this level, it’s not that long ago we were toiling against Ross County.

pumped 2-0 fae Hamilton at Ibrox 

15 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

As Gerrard said, we are disappointed to only be taking a point against a Champions League team, does indeed show how far we have come.

Iam as demanding as any supporter, I want to win every single game, and do it with a bit of style, but that is unrealistic 100% of the time.

We have just set a new Scottish European record, that is what will go down in the history books, and it is something to be very very proud of.

They’re not a Champions League team

27 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Tonight's game was a mixture of frustrated as fuck and nervous as fuck. 

Never enjoyed that at all - especially the 2nd half. 

I wasn't nervous , genuinley never thought they  posed much of a threat just frustrated we didn't up our game  . 

Agree with OP. A lot of people going a little wild after tonight. Despite frustration at moves breaking down snd missed chances we actually should have beaten that mob if you take the 90 minutes into account and not just 20 minutes in the second half.

Considering people are going a bit OTT that we didn't beat Spartak Moscow let's just remind ourselves that 12 months to the day we drew 1-1 with Kilmarnock at Ibrox despite being 1-0 up with a penalty in stoppage time, we'd lost 2-0 to fucking Motherwell in a semi 3 dsys before and Pedro would be sacked after the draw. Perspective.

1 hour ago, MattyBlue said:

As per the title. It’s a cliche to say but it can’t be argued with.

Unbeaten in 11 games this season in Europe, an incredible record. Fans demanding drawing with Spartak Moscow isn’t good enough, it’s genuiney great to see IMO.

There was a post during the game, where someone expressed the opinion...the performance wasn't acceptable, there should be no excuses, we've come a long way and should expect a win.

How many of the team had experienced same... at Ibrox, on a night like this...

Nerves? Of course there were, simply expected...

It's an immense stage for the uninitiated. :crabflute:

We have come a long way, but still got miles to go. The inconsistency is the big frustration, I expected it but by fuck it's a kick in the baws at times.

We need players to not drop below a 7, with a good chunk of them punching way above that. We've had 3s and 4s too often, and by too many at one time (several times now), and that's got to improve.

I'd argue it would benefit from stability in the team rather than chopping and changing. And not dropping players on form as has happened with Katic and Middleton. And choice and timing of bloody substitutions. 

It'll improve, but we really could help ourselves with some quick simple fixes. 

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Cant believe the amount of negativity tonight, you would think we had lost the game. So yes it shows how far we have come.

People need to let the team grow instead of picking holes in every slight mistake. The team and manager are still learning

They should come on here , this place is full of tactical geniuses . 

There is not a better place to learn how little most of us know. 

1 hour ago, MattyBlue said:

As per the title. It’s a cliche to say but it can’t be argued with.

Unbeaten in 11 games this season in Europe, an incredible record. Fans demanding drawing with Spartak Moscow isn’t good enough, it’s genuiney great to see IMO.

For me it’s laying foundations, the money generated in this campaign will do wonders next summer, it will unlock a new level in the transfer market we haven’t been able to really throw any real significant money at over the years.

With what seems to be a great backroom staff who will be able to identify some quality targets. “The Gerrard effect” tied in with what hopefully come end of season will be some form of success and big appeal to European calibre players to want to come and play at Rangers.

Were on a strong uptrend! The best is yet to come !

Well said mate.