Was Far Too Rash And Dangerous A Tackle From Arfield On The Goalie.......

tannerall

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Might be talking pish to be honest.

Always thought that an appeal would come with a punishment, otherwise every red would always be appealed!

Going by Stevies post match it sounds like he’s accepted it as just one of those things that happens and let’s move on. 

Had to be a red for me, it was a very poor decision on Arfields part. I can see how he may have been excited with it looking like the keeper was getting away from it but it wasn't a worth risk taking, definitely not at that force. Fair play to the ref for shielding him afterwards though, shut any escalation right the fuck down. Although they should've been down to 10 at one point, too. Can't remember who it was, or on who, but someone had studs dragged down there thigh. He got the ball but there was clearly intent with the follow through. Fuck knows how Coulibaly got carded for that "high boot" as well, hardly lifted his leg.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm really torn on the red tbh.

Actually more pissed off that the Hearts striker never seen a red for a shocker on Coulibaly. Only a yellow according to the BT clowns. 

I really don't think there was enough in it for it to be a red.

An honest attempt for the ball. Maybe silly but he's going for the ball.

The tackle on Coulibaly was awful. 

1 hour ago, Scottyarf37 said:

It was supid and put the result at huge risk. 

Tackling the keeper who is lying on the ground.....  

I am a huge fan of Arfields but got carried away when we need him to show his experience. Now we miss him for a game.

Another Red card for us.

I don’t think it was stupid. The keeper didn’t have it under control when he first slid in and if it bounced out he’s winning it. I played up front all my playing days and fucking right I’d have gone for that. I’d be disappointed if he didn’t to be fair. Unfortunate to see red in my opinion 

Stupid tackle and deserved the red.

I did however like how the players didn't shit themselves from the hearts players after it and weren't afraid of them, in Pedro and Warbs teams the players were cowards and scared from everyone and would have hid and not backed each other up.

Balls there to be played, it's not in the keepers hands and he pulls out and doesn't hurt anyone. A tad reckless yes, but not out of control. Yellow at the most for me. Keepers get too much protection. If he's studded him in the face then I'd have no arguments, as it was, harsh red. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How was he out of control. 

Seriously? 

Well he was sliding along the ground - he would come to a stop either by natural loss of momentum or by hitting something, which is what happened when hit the goalkeeper.  Neither of those alternatives were under his control.

Not a chance of getting it rescinded and at least Gerrard is more realistic than some of the posters here.

The ball was there to be won. Every ball outfield is there to be won too, but if you slide in and endanger the opponent you’ll be sent off. It was the fact he slid in with his knee towards the head. Had the goalies hands been out to the side it wouldn’t even have been a booking.

20 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

The ball was there to be won. Every ball outfield is there to be won too, but if you slide in and endanger the opponent you’ll be sent off. It was the fact he slid in with his knee towards the head. Had the goalies hands been out to the side it wouldn’t even have been a booking.

I can assure you . Not many are sent off against us with worse or even quadruple the amount of bad challenges.

That's what really annoys you

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

............but when did we ever see that passion, desire and commitment  in previous seasons.  His whole heart was in that run, probably unstoppable.

And the way the team once again responded with 10 men, especially after the Vilareal game was great to watch. 

Once again a lot of credit must go to Steve Gerrard for building that team spirit and character.

Thanks Steve, you've made this fan an even happier bunny.

Should Alf not have scored anyway?

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The keeper wasn’t in full control of the ball, he has every right to go for it. 

It’s a yellow, the keeper and player reaction makes it a red because I thought the ref was very good today. 

The ref realised his mistake cause as soon as he carded him the keeper was up. Conned. 

Arfield's doesn't go for it he'd be getting called a shitebag on here, one of those ones where some refs give yellow others give red especially against us.   Either way bloody great win

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Arfield's doesn't go for it he'd be getting called a shitebag on here, one of those ones where some refs give yellow others give red especially against us.   Either way bloody great win

Very valid point, the keeper spills that and Arfield would have got dogs abuse for not anticipating it and challenging.