Defoe doesn't fit our style

KingKirk

12 minutes ago, teuchterblue said:

Still early days but I think he's looking better by the game. If there is further improvement to come then we'll have signed a cracker.

He is a cracker of a signing, cool as a cucumber at the vital moment when a lot of other players would have blasted that over the bar, he's made a career out of scoring goals like that one. 

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Where's the fannies mouthing off in this thread now.

Morelos red card and defoe securing the victory. 

Morelos was fucking brilliant tonight until he got sent off. But having someone like defoe on the bench is a massive advantage. 

Not read the whole thread did the ‘fannies’ think he wasn’t a good player or didn’t suit being a lone striker? 

Scored a great goal will get better with games, but let’s be clear with our current personnel we’re better playing 4-3-3 and we don’t have the luxury of time to change it.

He’ll likely be played more often at Ibrox but don’t see him starting many away games.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know it's basically one on one with the keeper but it was the emphatic way he finished it. Defoe is growing on me, He might still have it !!

Alfie scored two and was then one on one and should have scored for 4-2 so just because it’s one on one doesn’t mean it’s a given.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Alfie scored two and was then one on one and should have scored for 4-2 so just because it’s one on one doesn’t mean it’s a given.

All great goalscorers miss easy ones. Mcoist, Owen, the list goeas on. What I was tring to say is I liked the way Defoe burst the net. He may still have it when i thought he might have been finished. Certainly a great option of the bench and 4-4-2 at home

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

he is not morelos. We have to create more clear cut chances for him and his work rate isnt alfredos. But if we do create those chances, he will score.

That’s why you’d think a partnership with him and Morelos would work, Morelos’ graft and guile creating chances for them both.

The trouble is the shape of the rest of the team that lets that system down.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

That’s why you’d think a partnership with him and Morelos would work, Morelos’ graft and guile creating chances for them both.

The trouble is the shape of the rest of the team that lets that system down.

when we go 4-4-2, the midfiled isnt good enough to control games, so we lose a lot more possession..

i think it makes us a really good counter attacking team though - but we have to accept we wont see as much of the ball

39 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Sad that people come in to thread to try get it up them just when we get a big win :lol: 

Know what you mean to a point bud however there is also at times the need to highlight the most stupid of posts/threads - two games in and a guy like Defoe was being written off. Does my nut in tbh, folk writing players off without giving them any real chance and then come along with the ‘glad to be wrong’ line when the player does well - what about give them a fucking chance before writing them off?

This isn’t pointed at you btw, I appreciate it’s not your thread, it isn’t even just a pop at this particular thread, it happens too often. 

The issue isn’t those calling it out now it’s the stupid fucking thread in the 1st place. 

1 minute ago, markem said:

Know what you mean to a point bud however there is also at times the need to highlight the most stupid of posts/threads - two games in and a guy like Defoe was being written off. Does my nut in tbh, folk writing players off without giving them any real chance and then come along with the ‘glad to be wrong’ line when the player does well - what about give them a fucking chance before writing them off?

This isn’t pointed at you btw, I appreciate it’s not your thread, it isn’t even just a pop at this particular thread, it happens too often. 

The issue isn’t those calling it out now it’s the stupid fucking thread in the 1st place. 

I get what you mean but still, I’m assuming the whole point was that he doesn’t suit the 4-3-3, rather than him not being good enough, which again can’t be proved considering he’s barely played in it

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

he is not morelos. We have to create more clear cut chances for him and his work rate isnt alfredos. But if we do create those chances, he will score.

He was Morelos but he isn't now. looks like he will be a good addition but Morelos is the man.