Player of the Year awards tonight

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Disappointed to hear Gerrard and Defoe in particular were poor. I thought they had more class. Defoe can’t blame drink has he is teetotal 

Not saying it's the case here but generally sober people don't really enjoy being in the company of people who are out their face.

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Tbh the players have no games for two weeks so I've no issue with it 

Maybe the manager does though if he seemed off last night.

If they were out the spotlight, away team bonding or even all just away together with partners I'd actually agree. But to be out his face at a club event with fans and sponsors present? Nah, getting pissed, the nick he's in, is fucking up.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Maybe the manager does though if he seemed off last night.

If they were out the spotlight, away team bonding or even just away together or with partners I'd actually agree. But to be out his face at a club event with fans and sponsors present? Nah, getting pissed, the nick he's in, is fucking up.

I half agree with you there ,I don't even think it's much of a problem at a club event either because imo people there would prob enjoy having a drink with the players , but the interviews for YouTube etc should have been left till he was in a more sober state 

It's good for the players to unwind together with the fans the old team that drinks together 👍

Yes they could have probably been more open with  the fans who paid money to be there.

But it's probably the first some of these players have been to something like this and if you've ever been to one prob frightened the ass of some of them As the closest they've been to the fans.

Your a foreign player amongst bears with a drink and wanting a selfie 🤣Scary as f 🤣.

Plus they know if they say or do anything it's straight on social media so a no win situation.

lets just let it be a good awards night and not give the media amo to hit us with as we don't need  to feed negative stories .

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Not think you're over reacting a tad?  He's a bit merry in a 1 minute interview for YouTube, so what?  It's not like he's falling about the place steaming or sitting slouched on a street corner shoving a kebab in his gob.

Got to agree the Gorman and ally all did the same and nothing was said.

i thought he was fine just a bit happy  after a day at work and at a night out 😉😂

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Not think you're over reacting a tad?  He's a bit merry in a 1 minute interview for YouTube, so what?  It's not like he's falling about the place steaming or sitting slouched on a street corner shoving a kebab in his gob.

He's forgetting what he's saying mid sentence and unable to finish sentences. Apparently mwi before the event even started. 

So no, for me, I dont think I'm over reacting. For a professional at a formal club event I think it's poor. Fortunately it seems it was the exception rather than the rule.

12 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Important goal of course but Morelos at Pittodrie should've won this IMO.

Agree. Was a quality goal.

understand the magnitude of jacks winner against the dims but come on tae fuck it was a deflected effort 

Those cunts will think were obsessed with them 😂🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

Worrall is a top lad. He was handing out the medals for the 5k that me and my mate did at a charity night at ibrox and got his picture taken with everyone. Stayed back at the end to take pictures with family members and guests of those who got a medal presented too! 

He was the best out them all. Standing at bar chatting and buying drinks.

Morelos never got a minutes peace all night :lol:

49 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's forgetting what he's saying mid sentence and unable to finish sentences. Apparently mwi before the event even started. 

So no, for me, I dont think I'm over reacting. For a professional at a formal club event I think it's poor. Fortunately it seems it was the exception rather than the rule.

McGregor's interviews are usually very jumbled up anyway.

52 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

It's good for the players to unwind together with the fans the old team that drinks together 👍

Yes they could have probably been more open with  the fans who paid money to be there.

But it's probably the first some of these players have been to something like this and if you've ever been to one prob frightened the ass of some of them As the closest they've been to the fans.

Your a foreign player amongst bears with a drink and wanting a selfie 🤣Scary as f 🤣.

Plus they know if they say or do anything it's straight on social media so a no win situation.

lets just let it be a good awards night and not give the media amo to hit us with as we don't need  to feed negative stories .

Yeah this.

The players looked like they were enjoying themselves and why not? The players I spoke to were happy to chat but the selfie hunters must do their nut in. They got little peace through their dinner cos people wouldn't leave them alone.

I enjoyed the night.