McGregor

He was going mental before their free kick about 80 mins or so. Jumping up and down waving his hands like a wean having a tantrum. Could barely work out what he was getting so wound up about. 

I dunno what it is. Can he not handle the fact we're a bit shit compared to the last time he was here? Mid life crisis? 

16 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

From Gerrard's RTV interview it doesn't sound as though he's even remotely minded to appeal it.  Seems to me from what Gerrard was (briefly) saying that McGregor has done his level best to embarrass Gerrard to the extent that Gerrard finds no reason to even think about defending McGregor   "...its a red".    And Gerrard would look silly trying to defend it.

McGregor - wittingly or otherwise - has handed his manager an unnecessary problem for the next game.   Just what the manager and the Club needed eh.   How does Gerrard re-establish confidence in his first choice goalkeeper after 2 red cards this season.   How does Gerrard put a side on the pitch that can win a title if he can't have good enough discipline from the players.   Its self destruct behaviour.  

Esp only a few days after emphasising the importance of an improvement in discipline. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s our most experienced player and he goes and does something like that in a nothing game that had fizzled out into less than nothing. It beggars belief and it’s no wonder Gerrard looked raging about it after the game.

Alfredo has been sent off in games were tempers ran high and was slaughtered. Shagger has done this in an end of season game were in truth hibs done next to fuck all and now misses the chance to play in a game we will be looking to make a statement for next season and there's little furore. He should be hammered for it imo by the club 

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

He was going mental before their free kick about 80 mins or so. Jumping up and down waving his hands like a wean having a tantrum. Could barely work out what he was getting so wound up about. 

I dunno what it is. Can he not handle the fact we're a bit shit compared to the last time he was here? Mid life crisis? 

My take on it was that he was getting irate because so many players seemed to have taken their feet off the gas in the second half and Hibs had taken control for a time. But to act like he did with a couple of minutes left was more than stupid and let everyone down.

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just watched it again, I’ve no idea what is going on in that head. 

He seems to get worked up over the least wee thing and spits the dummy oot constantly. 

Imo he's seeking some sort of retribution for the Ferguson red card he got by trying to get others into bother. He's making a bloody mess of it. 

27 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

McGregor has mad eyes ... problem is if you take that out of him he would probably only be half the player.

Andy was like a father to him when he was a kid if anyone could make him see sense it's probably him but frankly I doubt it :hairout:

Shagger.jpg

Andy Halliday was like a father the McGregor?????

4 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

McGregor has mad eyes ... problem is if you take that out of him he would probably only be half the player.

Andy was like a father to him when he was a kid if anyone could make him see sense it's probably him but frankly I doubt it :hairout:

Shagger.jpg

Wtf have you been drinking 😂😂😂

21 hours ago, BookWorm said:

Seems a very angry chap these days.

I think he is tying too hard to get back on the fans side and whether you like him (like I do) or hate him like some others do he is a Bear and his desire to win is certainly still very much in place, unfortunately he is going over the top and getting himself sent off and he has to get that sorted and quickly. 

As I have said before I think he needs (probably along with other players) some sessions with a sports psychologist to sort some of his issues out.