Centre back pairing

1 hour ago, bluchoo said:

Goldson and Helander when fit, been impressed with Edmundson though so far

Same btw. Really impressed. We’ve got a fair few prospects worth a few bob in the future. Edmundson, Katic, and Barisic should go for millions in a few years. Hastie, Jones and Doherty hopefully the same but I’m not holding my breath about them just yet. 

I’m a fan of Katic but he’s been a bit sloppy pre season tbh, got caught a few times against St Joseph’s when better opposition could’ve punished us and was at fault against Blackburn, I’d go with Goldson and Edmundson who hasn’t put a foot wrong until Helander is fit.

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

Katic and couldn’t care who the other one is

Boy wins everything in the air and is an absolute warrior, one of the first names on the team sheet for me unfortunately I think Mr Gerrard isn’t as convinced 

He would also be my first pick, however balls over the top can be a problem for him. Was watching highlights of the last OF game from last season and their only two real chances came from him misreading the game in front of him and getting caught under the ball with edouard getting in behind. 

Obviously defenders will make mistakes from time to time and that's two examples but think it might be why Gerrard still thinks he has a bit to learn. 

43 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Tonight Goldson and Katic.

After Helander is full fit and ready I am sure he will play left side must games with one of the other three taking the other position. 

I think we have four good central defenders now and it is a position to be in. 

Fucker, you stole my post.  😁

Honestly think it's far too early to make a decision as I haven't enough of the 2 new boys. As others have said we probably haven't spent as much on Helander for him to sit on the bench. Good to have options but the main thing I want is for us to mainly stick with a pairing if it is working well. If we do have a strong pairing early on I hope we dont break it up for no good reason apart from cup games against dross. 

Got to be Goldson and Helander, unless suspension and Injury hit.

Cup games I'd be happy to rotate but I'm still a behind the thinking that you CB pair is the most important choice and they should play all games unless fatigued t(alking 50+ games), injured or suspended.

The keeper will be more confident if the two in front of him know what to expect of each other.