Winning Ugly.....

beararse

If we can keep getting late minute winners then you will have a point, but this is only the first game of the season so I'm not going to get excited yet, but like I said if we can pull out last minute winners consistently then that will say something about the character of the team, I'm afraid that I'm still sceptical on this until proven otherwise, my major problem today was the fact that we could all see that Kilmarnock were going to equalize and completely switched off

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

We were shite. We were slow in the build up, lacked creativity, didn’t work their keeper enough, gave away possession needlessly at times and could’ve been 2-1 down before Goldson’s goal but I’d much rather have those problems to work on with the 3 points than not, last season we would’ve came away with a point or fuck all and that’s hopefully the difference between this season and last. Reminded me of the Smith day’s that today. Fucking loved it. 

Spot on.

Same again next two games and we go into old form game with a chance to go at least 3 points clear.

id much rather that than play reasonably well but drop points and go into a celtic game needing to win to stay in touch.

Like you said, we  can work on the failings and make good.

8 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

If we can keep getting late minute winners then you will have a point, but this is only the first game of the season so I'm not going to get excited yet, but like I said if we can pull out last minute winners consistently then that will say something about the character of the team, I'm afraid that I'm still sceptical on this until proven otherwise, my major problem today was the fact that we could all see that Kilmarnock were going to equalize and completely switched off

This is also true. We got a last minute winner against Motherwell 3 games into the 16/17 season that I thought was a great bit of character, to keep going until the last minute etc, then we finished 40 points behind them :lol: 

Think this was different though, Kilmarnock have been our bogey team for the last 2 seasons. We hadn’t won there the previous 3 times, losing 2-1 all 3 times, this time we got the winner against largely the same team who were looking for the winner themeselves. Hopefully a huge moment in our progress but like you said, need to keep our feet firmly on the ground. 

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Not a bad trait to have.

Cant (and won’t) steam roll teams every match plus that’s probably the most defensive minded team we are likely to face. They had 9/10 men in their third most of the match.

The hand wringers amongst us will no doubt foresee a season of failure ahead based on the first league game.

I’m the opposite. I’m fucking delighted won in that manner. It builds team character and spirit.

Got to get max points despite a shite performance.  I sat through plenty of dire matches under Walter Smith’s tenure, but his teams had spirit in abundance.

Key thing from today? Heads didn’t go down  when we conceded late on.

Added bonus.....The Tims will have been spewing.

No fucking question about that. They will be fucking raging right now.

I have yet to see a season where we have won the league and not had games like today.  With the exact same result.  The thing which annoys me most about today was our wasted chances but I'd rather that happened now to get it out of the system.  We really do need a better quality of winger as I think Arfield is wasted out on the left.

The bonus today will be how raging that lot are.  If you tell them that results like ours today wins championships it sends them into meltdown.  

1 hour ago, kanjo said:

I have yet to see a season where we have won the league and not had games like today.  With the exact same result.  The thing which annoys me most about today was our wasted chances but I'd rather that happened now to get it out of the system.  We really do need a better quality of winger as I think Arfield is wasted out on the left.

The bonus today will be how raging that lot are.  If you tell them that results like ours today wins championships it sends them into meltdown.  

Agreed we need an upgrade on that left wing. Kent back would be great but if it's dead, allen and Gerrard need to have another target lined up. 

How many times last season did they turn one point into three with the last kick of the game? we done it the opposite way turning three into one with losing goals in injury time, there is your nine point difference right there, today was a shocking performance but I will gladly take it.

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

We were shite. We were slow in the build up, lacked creativity, didn’t work their keeper enough, gave away possession needlessly at times and could’ve been 2-1 down before Goldson’s goal but I’d much rather have those problems to work on with the 3 points than not, last season we would’ve came away with a point or fuck all and that’s hopefully the difference between this season and last. Reminded me of the Smith day’s that today. Fucking loved it. 

As I’ve always said, you talk a lot of sense