them

MisterC

42 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

His luck in the transfer market needs to change, everyone of them has made an impact, Pep and Kloss don't have that success rate.

The fourth Japanese guy never made an impact. Maeda is average and O'Reilly started brightly but faded.

51 minutes ago, don logan said:

The fourth Japanese guy never made an impact. Maeda is average and O'Reilly started brightly but faded.

Maeda isn't a world beater but he's perfect for how they play in Scotland. Runs and presses from the front for 90 minutes pulling defenders all over the place. Played 1000 minutes less than kent yet his total goal contribution is around the same. 

Don’t forget they signed McCarthy on a 4 year deal, prob big wages. Never plays.

a few boys they got early are never seen, plus rogic and bitton away for nothing.

Yes, they got lucky with a few, but still have trex hand in the stiffs picking up big wages I’d imagine. No one is paying a quarter of what they paid for him.

Bain is murder. That’s at least one keeper they’ll need.

if julien comes back fit, then Tbf that could be like a new signing. Only time will tell on that one.

j don’t think they as sorted as they think are.

11 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Don’t forget they signed McCarthy on a 4 year deal, prob big wages. Never plays.

a few boys they got early are never seen, plus rogic and bitton away for nothing.

Yes, they got lucky with a few, but still have trex hand in the stiffs picking up big wages I’d imagine. No one is paying a quarter of what they paid for him.

if julien comes back fit, then Tbf that could be like a new signing. Only time will tell on that one.

Julien is fucking rubbish

20 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

bwahahahaha our teenagers ripped him a new one in the final

5 hours ago, don logan said:

The headline in one of the papers today was that they would spend £30 million. But about half of that will be on making Carter Vickers, Jota and Maeda permanent. So about 15 million just to stand still.

Whilst I see your point and agree, we’re going to need to replace about 6 of our starting 11 when you factor in that Morelos, Kent, Aribo will all need to be sold if they don’t sign new deals.

Plus McGregor, Goldson, Davis are all likely leaving and even Helander and Arfield only have a 1 on their deals. 

We could basically be starting from scratch like they did last summer. They spent £20-25million wisely and won the title and the CL riches with it, we need to back Gio and do the same this year.

The challenge will be that we shopped in the free transfer market last summer, they won’t be this time around…

13 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Whilst I see your point and agree, we’re going to need to replace about 6 of our starting 11 when you factor in that Morelos, Kent, Aribo will all need to be sold if they don’t sign new deals.

Plus McGregor, Goldson, Davis are all likely leaving and even Helander and Arfield only have a 1 on their deals. 

We could basically be starting from scratch like they did last summer. They spent £20-25million wisely and won the title and the CL riches with it, we need to back Gio and do the same this year.

The challenge will be that we shopped in the free transfer market last summer, they won’t be this time around…

For Goldson, we have Souttar and Lowry will fill Davis's place. We have cash from the Patterson sale/EL/Gerrard compensation. We will be able to match their spend, no problem.

4 minutes ago, don logan said:

For Goldson, we have Souttar and Lowry will fill Davis's place. We have cash from the Patterson sale/EL/Gerrard compensation. We will be able to match their spend, no problem.

I wish I had your confidence. 

They’ve got £20mil guaranteed from CL, maybe £40mil if we fail to make it.

We’ve only got £8mil confirmed from Europe next year by getting to Europa Groups as it stands. 

A very significant amount of the Patterson fee will be ringfenced for the SD payout for the court case we had to settle, plus an element of keeping the lights on as we’re close to maxing out the director loans. Europa run will have helped, but we’ll need to sell and re-invest every penny and more. 

1 hour ago, barrymorrison1 said:

if julien comes back fit,

:rofl:
that big fuckin giraffe will be having flashbacks about battering into a goalpost for years.
waiting for a ball to come in from free kicks or corners,it should have opposition forwards kicking the sole of their boots on the goalposts.

44 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I wish I had your confidence. 

They’ve got £20mil guaranteed from CL, maybe £40mil if we fail to make it.

We’ve only got £8mil confirmed from Europe next year by getting to Europa Groups as it stands. 

A very significant amount of the Patterson fee will be ringfenced for the SD payout for the court case we had to settle, plus an element of keeping the lights on as we’re close to maxing out the director loans. Europa run will have helped, but we’ll need to sell and re-invest every penny and more. 

are you sure you're on the right forums?

5 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

His luck in the transfer market needs to change, everyone of them has made an impact, Pep and Kloss don't have that success rate.

Happens quite often a manager gets his first few bang on .Especially coming from a different league .After they are out the loop from their old environment the success tends to drop off .

Canny believe nobody has mentioned the donkey that is Starfelt. £4.5M and makes mistakes every single time I've seen him. Even average Scottish league strikers turn him inside out. He might have been a part of their decent league defensive record this season but that's got nothing to do with him IMO. He's a donkey and an expensive one at that. Total myth that every signing for them has been decent. 

16 hours ago, don logan said:

Cant remember the 4th Japanese guy (so one failure out of how many?) but pretty much all of them have contributed to their success. That never happens anywhere. 

11 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Happens quite often a manager gets his first few bang on .Especially coming from a different league .After they are out the loop from their old environment the success tends to drop off .

Hope so

I've seen lot of obsession with this mob in the last 10 years but I think we've actually hit a peak here with Bassey. Every post on social media about the lad has been hounded on by them. 

18 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I've seen lot of obsession with this mob in the last 10 years but I think we've actually hit a peak here with Bassey. Every post on social media about the lad has been hounded on by them. 

I hope he stays, but if we get a great offer he has to go. Here’s hoping it’s £25,000,000.01.

And it’s paid up front. 

Managers get found out when they have the responsibility of spending.

There will be an expectation from the scum support to spend big this summer because of their windfall by our efforts.

Always happens pressure to spend more leads to more money gambled (barkas) and more likely to make a cunt of transfers.

Most of our successes look great as we havent spent much money, Kent gets a harder time because we spent a lot of money.

barnes,dalglish and robertson are part of the gang of cunts who always want to give us advice.
We're waiting on your pearls of wisdom this morning and you aint been seen.
Might be a quiet summer from cunts who support 2 fuckin teams.
Nearly pissed myself laughing when robertson said he would love to get the mutants in the CL.
He was told to get in the queue as half of Europe would love to get them as well. :UK: