them

MisterC

7 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Lesson is you can’t allow that mob the high press and how Hearts allowed nae neck so much space to make his runs is baffling.

I hope the boss was watching and doesn’t make the same mistakes 

Hearts are pish but got 2 goals I don't worry. If we're on it we win

Hope they continue to believe their own hype.

As always they're strongest going forward, but by fuck some defending against them has been shocking. Defensively, they've not yet been tested by a really strong team and have still lost out at Hearts and in Europe.

They're reliant on a core of about half a dozen players. Injuries to them would devastate them. Plus I still think Christie & Edouard will leave, or even better get season ending injuries before they do.

They're definitely better than they were but they're not the world beaters their support and the msm are telling us they are.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hope they continue to believe their own hype.

As always they're strongest going forward, but by fuck some defending against them has been shocking. Defensively, they've not yet been tested by a really strong team and have still lost out at Hearts and in Europe.

They're reliant on a core of about half a dozen players. Injuries to them would devastate them. Plus I still think Christie & Edouard will leave, or even better get season ending injuries before they do.

They're definitely better than they were but they're not the world beaters their support and the msm are telling us they are.

They'll get their ass handed to them on Wednesday, hopefully by two or three and crashing back down to earth.

The Japanese lad looks like a player to be fair. Has great movement which I've always thought you can't really teach. 

Early days but the new centre back looks horrendous. Gave away a daft penalty before a poor clearance at the end let Hearts in where he again got beat to the ball for the goal.

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

They'll get their ass handed to them on Wednesday, hopefully by two or three and crashing back down to earth.

I'd love that but think they'll have too much for AZ. They've sold £30m worth of players with their captain soon to follow.

5 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

The Japanese lad looks like a player to be fair. Has great movement which I've always thought you can't really teach. 

Early days but the new centre back looks horrendous. Gave away a daft penalty before a poor clearance at the end let Hearts in where he again got beat to the ball for the goal.

Need Lundstram to crunch him in the first five minutes. That will stop his good movement.

26 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's unreal how quickly they have bought into thier hype as if they are knocking down top sides. 

They're play is all about bombing forward and leaving thier backline exposed. When they play a side that doesn't sit off and goes after them they'll struggle badly. It's Warburton like. 

It's Keegan-like with a worse backline.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

They've already conceded 9 goals in 7 games. They're going to get a right doing off some teams, we had false dawns like this before without the bad defence. There will be a few times this season someone like Hibs or Aberdeen hammer them.

Saw a bit of the sheep’s game today - 12 guaranteed points for the vermin.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Saw a bit of the sheep’s game today - 12 guaranteed points for the vermin.

Not so sure, aberdeen rested a lot of their better players today and it cost them. Their squad isnt good enough to be able to do that but their best 11 will give celtic problems no doubt.

13 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Especially with Lego pondering about the park miles off the pace. 

Indeed.

And I know he was only on 20 minutes or so, but Lewis Ferguson is not the answer for us.

Unless the question is ‘can we find someone to play safe, square passes, when there’s a game to be saved…’

12 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Not so sure, aberdeen rested a lot of their better players today and it cost them. Their squad isnt good enough to be able to do that but their best 11 will give celtic problems no doubt.

Maybe mate, but they need to look sharper than they did when they sent the cavalry on.

Think they picked up a couple of nasty  looking injuries to Hayes & Hedges as well, so bad day for them all round.

16 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

They just had a European game midweek, nobody outside the OF can usually handle it.  St Johnstone got taken to penalties by Arbroath too.

They ought to have enough to handle lower league oppos though.

Not like they travelled on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

I'd love that but think they'll have too much for AZ. They've sold £30m worth of players with their captain soon to follow.

Maybe so but the media are making it out that AZ are rubbish, they'll be a hell of alot better than that mob the scum just played in the last round, they way some are going on right now you'd think the scum are the champions.

12 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Maybe so but the media are making it out that AZ are rubbish, they'll be a hell of alot better than that mob the scum just played in the last round, they way some are going on right now you'd think the scum are the champions.

They might not be rubbish but there in a major transitional period, captain looks like he will be off next and there young full back Wijndal was injured at the weekend and will no doubt miss this tie as well. 

The manager going for them last season because he spoke to Feyenoord certainly hasn't helped them but they should give them a tougher test than there last few opponents especially over in holland.