Who goes in summer?

3 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

Do you think the fact Itten wasn’t involved today at all especially when we were 3-1 up (and the links with Sakala/Assombalonga) mean he will be shown the door in the summer?

I think so, don’t see him getting much game time with Sakala coming in 

21 hours ago, jackg93 said:

Do you think the fact Itten wasn’t involved today at all especially when we were 3-1 up (and the links with Sakala/Assombalonga) mean he will be shown the door in the summer?

Rather than take an inevitable loss on him, I would like to see us loan him out to a team where he will get goals. Get his confidence and value back up.

Then again, who knows. Maybe 'second season syndrome' kicks in and he becomes good. Hard to see that though.

Never got the hate for Zungu. A player almost impossible to assess based on limited time. However, he seems to be the one to blame for the St Mirren defeat. 

No great loss.

A signing similar to Andy King. Came with expectations and never took his chances or properly got them.

3 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Can see Hagi leaving and possibly Helander. Think the rest will stay for a crack at champs league.

I expect a lot of interest in Kent, Kamara and big Joe but think they will stay.

Will need to sell one of the bigger stars I'd imagine. Can see large bids for either Kent or Morelos. 

Books need to be balanced

On 02/05/2021 at 15:28, jackg93 said:

Wouldn't be too surprised too see big Itten away. Edmundson is another cert to be off. Can't help but shake the feeling Hagi is away, he just never seems to be the top pick these days despite his undeniable talent. The only way I can see him staying is if Aribo is permanently kept as a centre mid next season instead of buying one but if no I can see Itten, George and Hagi off in the summer. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Will need to sell one of the bigger stars I'd imagine. Can see large bids for either Kent or Morelos. 

Books need to be balanced

Think we will get good money for Hagi, young player & highly talented would do better in less physical League - possibly £8-10M?

A lot will be determined by Champions League qualification or not!.

19 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Had to stop reading at page 8....fuck me how did we ever win the league with such a shite team....I trust the your only as good as your last game brigade are back to wanking over Roofe:lol:

No-one has said we had a shite team but if we are to progress then we have to improve the squad. We are only going to get the funds for decent signings by selling at least one of our top players. It is not who we want to shift but for whom we are going to get offers and if they are prepared to go.

As I said previously, as long as we make a decent profit and include a decent sell-on clause then no-one is off limits, even Tav, Alfie or Ryan K. We have to balance the books and for the foreseeable future we will be a nursery club for the big leagues. Not ideal but a necessity.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Morelos, Roofe, Sakala, Itten, Hagi, Kent and Wright.

Could argue our forward positions are set for next season, although not fully against Itten out and replacement in.

Goalkeepers, full backs and CBs look fine if neither Barisic or Helander leave.

Really is the midfield department that we need quality in, massive area of the field to upgrade this season. 

Making the CL could be the difference between selling someone or not. The £30m+ revenue and potential of the same figure should we win the league next season would be massive to cover the loses the last 3 or so years.

Will need to sell at least one of those guys mentioned at the start. 

Morelos will hopefully gain big interest and get the best part of 20 million, love him to stay but think he wants that move. 

16 minutes ago, Teddybear123 said:

Think people forget how young hagi is. Selling for £10m is obviously a great return in a year but personally think he’ll be worth a lot more in the future. He’s only going to improve under our coaching team. 

Probably a cash flow thing, though. We need to sell some players due to the drop in revenue with no fans. Qualifying for the group stage of the champions league would be great but don’t think they can just count on that. If your choice is selling Hagi for £10 million or Borna for £15 million (just an example) then Hagi makes sense. 

I love him to death, but if I had to pick one of our assets to sell this Summer I would probably be leaning towards Barisic.

Of the whole lot of them - Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Hagi and Barisic himself -  he’s the oldest and at 28 and with him playing at the Euros this Summer, this might be that sort of ‘pinch point‘ where it’s the last opportunity we get to make “big” money on him before his transfer value starts diminishing because most clubs don’t want to spend big money on players who are closer to 30 than 25 anymore.

Ideally we would keep him, but we know what our model is now and if we got a good offer for him and it allowed us to bank some and reinvest some on somebody like Puchacz from Lech Poznan (another player who could develop at us and then move on) then I think we could just about overcome the loss of him.

What I’m very concerned about is every article I see about someone wanting Kamara says we’re asking for 10 million for him :ang:

Apparently Arsenal want him as a cheap alternative to fucking Bissouma because Brighton want 40 million for him. I’m sorry but if any of the 2 of those is a 30/40 million player it’s Kamara