Stopping the Tainted 10iar

29 minutes ago, left winger said:

Walter did have a lot more than three years, tbf.

Regarding winners medals, I reckon players such as Morelos will be worth more with the performances he has put in Europe, than having a couple of domestic cup medals. What club is seriously going to consider a couple of Scottish domestic cup successes higher than the performances we have put in in the last few seasons in Europe?

Consistently winning trophies shows that you have the mentality required, 2 years of playing well in europe will add to their figure as well 👍

39 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

94/95 when Hearts beat us - they finish 6th in the league - they were pish till Jeffries joined. 

Motherwell were fucking chronic and simply took advantage of how criminally shite and underfunded celtic were. 

Hibs during that time were dross, miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles away from where we were as a club. 

You are talking shit here I am afraid rather than from knowledge. 

Smith has on both occasions he has been in charge of Rangers joined us from a team in a far, far grater place of strength than we were when Gerrard joined, talking about the tenure of the two and comparing them is nigh on redundant. 

Seem willing to come up with some amount of riddles to explain away us fucking up trophies before but not so much now... LOL 

Hearts in 94/95 finished 26 points behind us, st johnstone are current 52 behind us in the league, motherwell and hibs finished 2nd and 3rd that season, 15 and 16 points behind us respectively, 

Our nearest challenger this season outwith tarriers are hibs who are 34 points behind

That season we lost 7 league games and drew 9 so either walters team then were fucking shite compared to ours now , or the competition was better, 

If walters team are worse than ours now, or the opposition better than now, then how did they manage to win more domestic honours, 

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Hearts in 94/95 finished 26 points behind us, st johnstone are current 52 behind us in the league, motherwell and hibs finished 2nd and 3rd that season, 15 and 16 points behind us respectively, 

Our nearest challenger this season outwith tarriers are hibs who are 34 points behind

That season we lost 7 league games and drew 9 so either walters team then were fucking shite compared to ours now , or the competition was better, 

If walters team are worse than ours now, or the opposition better than now, then how did they manage to win more domestic honours, 

Fucking read that eh, Motherwell and Hibs - Motherwell and fucking Hibs finished 2nd and 3rd.... they finished there because there was no opposition rather than the standard being better. 

re Walters team being "worse than ours now" , who said they were worse? they patently weren't worse, they were a far, far better team than we have now and  relative to their opposition at the time the chasm between Smiths team and the rest and Gerrards and the rest, is miles and miles apart, Smith had it easy for most of 9IAR and still set a pretty low water mark. 

Smith v the rest is the second biggest gulf between one side and the rest I have seen, they were so far ahead of every one else, that they were clearly going to win, and win often, but they didn't win as often or as well as they should have

They often won by default TBH. They were the best team going by miles, and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles vs teams who were no where near them, not even in the same conversation, not one other team in the league 

The number of shambolic displays in Europe, fucked up Cup wins, pish displays against celtic and failure to batter them more often, the number of games when we were carried by a couple of individuals, the entire season of 93/94 when we were a one mean team - the number of defeats and dropped points. It was a team who punched well below their weight. 

There were numerous occasions during that run when Smith probably should have been sacked, the defeat to the decent   pish AEK Athens was one such occasion. 

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Goal From the throw in by big Aitken that should have been ours.

It was fucking roasting that day.

Gutwrenching so it was, and denied a treble, which made it 100 x worse than Sunday. 

Always remember the headline on the Rangers news following week .” Gutted” and that’s how I felt. 

We tanked them all season bar 1 game and we just couldn’t get it going  .Although the marginal calls all day ,went the scums way 

8 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Do folk actually fucking realise what our World would have been like had they fuckers won 10????

Seriously???

I think some folk need to think really really hard about the above question, because I know for sure, that it would have been absolute fucking hell on earth for us, and for many many years to come.

It would have been totally fucking unbearable.

The Mhedia would be spunking themselves for weeks, months and years ahead.

The SNP would have had a field day with "their team" winning it.

10 in a row banners everywhere.

Work places would have been intolerable.

No doubt a huge civic reception would have awaited Scum FC at The City Chambers, and George Square would have been hoaching with the great unwashed.

Covid19 Restrictions would have been conveniently relaxed to accommodate these fuckers.

Any trouble would have been blamed on us, or put down to exuberance or "the craic".

Messages of congratulations would have rained in from the Scottish Government.

BBC and STV would be tripping over themselves to show a tribute documentary every other week.

Charity organisations hailing Neil Lennon as a hero of the down trodded.

"Something inside so strong" being blasted across the airwaves continually.

And probably many many more GIRFUY Rangers Football Club jibes and wind ups for years ahead.

Yes I'm pissed off about Sunday night, but let's put it into fucking perspective, and realise what our club has achieved this season, and stopped from happening.

#15thofMay2021ourdayforalloftheabove❤💙💙

100% Would’ve been torture with micks in the mheejah bring it up every 10th of the month,  but now we can wallow in triumphalism every time ten is mentioned and goad them with those words that must be like a dagger to their hearts, “cheerio Terry Munro”. Terry has been their nemesis, these times don’t come along too often, enjoy it and don’t let them forget it. 

39 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Fucking read that eh, Motherwell and Hibs - Motherwell and fucking Hibs finished 2nd and 3rd.... they finished there because there was no opposition rather than the standard being better. 

re Walters team being "worse than ours now" , who said they were worse? they patently weren't worse, they were a far, far better team than we have now and  relative to their opposition at the time the chasm between Smiths team and the rest and Gerrards and the rest, is miles and miles apart, Smith had it easy for most of 9IAR and still set a pretty low water mark. 

Smith v the rest is the second biggest gulf between one side and the rest I have seen, they were so far ahead of every one else, that they were clearly going to win, and win often, but they didn't win as often or as well as they should have

They often won by default TBH. They were the best team going by miles, and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles vs teams who were no where near them, not even in the same conversation, not one other team in the league 

The number of shambolic displays in Europe, fucked up Cup wins, pish displays against celtic and failure to batter them more often, the number of games when we were carried by a couple of individuals, the entire season of 93/94 when we were a one mean team - the number of defeats and dropped points. It was a team who punched well below their weight. 

There were numerous occasions during that run when Smith probably should have been sacked, the defeat to the decent   pish AEK Athens was one such occasion. 

A team that punched well below their weight, yet still averaged nearly 2 domestic honours every year walter was the manager, 

For all the talk that the opposition in walters time was awful, its nowhere near as bad as it has been this season, not even close

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

A team that punched well below their weight, yet still averaged nearly 2 domestic honours every year walter was the manager, 

For all the talk that the opposition in walters time was awful, its nowhere near as bad as it has been this season, not even close

Naturally, they were the best team by a country mile and a world apart from the rest. They on numerous occasions made a complete roaring cunt of winning things...against teams so far below them. 

I'm not convinced you watched the teams to be able to make that comment TBH. 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Naturally, they were the best team by a country mile and a world apart from the rest. They on numerous occasions made a complete roaring cunt of winning things... I'm not convinced you watched the teams to be able to make that comment TBH. 

They made a roaring cunt of winning things, yet win more than we are doing the now, 

I guess it comes down to what era you think had the better opposition, i think smiths 9iar had harder teams than gerrard faces the now, 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

They made a roaring cunt of winning things, yet win more than we are doing the now, 

I guess it comes down to what era you think had the better opposition, i think smiths 9iar had harder teams than gerrard faces the now, 

Again. naturally, they were a million miles away from every other team they played in terms of what they took into a season to a far greater distance than the current team ever will be. 

37 minutes ago, CR3 said:

‘Stopping the 10’ is said from the taig angle of things,

it was winning the 55th title.

No for me. 55 was always gonna happen at some point. That's the nature of our back and forth game up here. There would have been a million opportunities to win 55 but there (in our lifetime) may only be one chance to stop your biggest rivals winning something as important as the ten was to them.

A spent all summer absolutely bricking it that they were going to get ten in a row. The league and Scottish cup never entered my mind once 😂 Was absolutely rageing on Sunday when we got put out and still am  but cunts are wanting to wind it in a bit when talking about the season not being as good anymore. We’ve stopped the rot and on the 15th of may a won’t give the Scottish or league cup a single thought.

1 minute ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

A spent all summer absolutely bricking it that they were going to get ten in a row. The league and Scottish cup never entered my mind once 😂 Was absolutely rageing on Sunday when we got put out and still am  but cunts are wanting to wind it in a bit when talking about the season not being as good anymore. We’ve stopped the rot and on the 15th of may a won’t give the Scottish or league cup a single thought.

The cups are just a should have been scenario. Makes no difference to the title celebrations. We won, at a canter, the one that really mattered.

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Say we win the league next season but fail in the cups again, that'll be 2 out 12.

Is this what we're getting at now? People are seriously happy with that?

2 out of 12 and guaranteed group stage Champions League football the next season. 

Cups would have been nice of course, nice at any time, mind!

But the priority was the league, as every cunt on this forum said before this season.

We won the league at a canter, and anyone who thought we would have done so in March, and still 20 points now, is a liar! it was a phenomenal achievement all things considered. 

Can't wait to i get my two 55 Champs tops, one framed and one worn straight away, proudly!

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If I was told right now that we will win the league and make the group stage of the CL but fail in both cups I would be happy with that for next season tbph.

Me too. 56 and 70+M in the bank. That will do fine.