Stopping the Tainted 10iar

8 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I have to disagree with you there. We earned the league this season through hard work and taking each game at a time. 

Yes, they may have imploded somewhat but to say they were never serious contenders dilutes our league achievements. In fact, our hard work contributed to that implosion. 

On the contrary. We have been unbelievably consistent in the league this year, they dropped off pretty quickly and we went for their throats. I said they were never serious contenders as a compliment to us. 

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No one is doubting that. 

The issue is it should have been more given how this season has panned out. We should have those cunts dead and buried, but instead we’re one hit wonders who still haven’t dropped the ‘serial loser’ tag. 

Nothing wrong with acknowledging how fantastic 55 is, but also how shambolic our cup record is and question why we’ve missed such an open goal for at least a double. 

The Domestic Cups will come, iam not worried about that.

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The ten was stopped before the scottish cup started, essentially the players could focus on the scottish cup alone, they failed again 

So are you going to allow that to ruin your season Victor Meldrew? 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Cmon mate . This time last Feb , we would have given up our bank balance to have won 55 

The OP never mentions Scottish cup so think we have to stop taking a pop at him , just because we are all pissed off at being put out .His OP has in fact cheered me up with that timely reminder 

I wasn’t having a go eejay. I’m pointing out that our form, consistency and professionalism has seen this league won very early days.
The list of how things might have been was therefore annoying 😂

The point is we won the league 7 weeks ago. I find it really strange that the feeling of winning something didn’t spur the players on to lift another trophy in a matter of weeks. 

It’s probably one of, it not our greatest ever title win and it’ll be remembered as just that when it probably could’ve been at the very least a double

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

The Domestic Cups will come, iam not worried about that.

Not without an improvement in ability and mentality we won't. Those two games against StJ were an embarrassment. 

After watching StM despatch their penalties last night, players should be handing back wages. 

We play in a league full of dross that should be readily despatched, particularly by champions. 

Consistency was not it against St J and with absolutely no distraction of the EL. We've seen the movie before. 

The league is won. We cannot stand still or we again become yesterday's men. The mentality is not correct and we must improve and ready for next season and getting put out of cups by shite like StM and StJ is not it, or there will be no 56 next season. 

TBF . Some bears are showing they are hurting more than others . I'm still gutted about the other night but we have a lot to look forward too .

Always remember winning the league in 1989 . Losing to the Sheep on party day and then the cup final , J Miller goal . The fall out was similar to this. 

And 8 glorious years later, we were still top dogs in Scotland and giving me the best supporting years of my life.

47 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No one is doubting that. 

The issue is it should have been more given how this season has panned out. We should have those cunts dead and buried, but instead we’re one hit wonders who still haven’t dropped the ‘serial loser’ tag. 

Nothing wrong with acknowledging how fantastic 55 is, but also how shambolic our cup record is and question why we’ve missed such an open goal for at least a double. 

It’s the manner of Sunday’s shambles that’s getting me. Poor performance, get the goal and just see the game out.
What happens ? We give their keeper a fucking free header for the goal. Cunt stands there and nods it towards the net. 
St Mirren was bad but Sunday was shambolic. Pretty much free hits at two more trophies and couldn’t get either. 

I live in North Wiltshire so I don't have to suffer a lot of the nonsense that comes with living in Scotland but for me 55 was well above any other trophy this year including Europe. The sweetest in my 55 years supporting the gers.

I am disappointed we didn't add a cup but it will in no way detract from the fun I will have on the 15th May just as I did when we won the league a few weeks ago.

Gerrard needs to again significantly improve the team for next year and he needs to get the recruitment spot on but if he manages this we could have another great season.

Happy days as far as I am concerned.