The Euros

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I think Chiellini is my favourite non-Rangers footballer of the last 20 years. Love a big, ugly dominant Italian centre half. Even better when they're a bit crazy.

Used to love Nesta and Cannavaro partnership back in the day but Chiellini and Bonucci are a pair of ruthless fuckers. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think Chiellini is my favourite non-Rangers footballer of the last 20 years. Love a big, ugly rock solid Italian centre half. Even better when they're a bit crazy.

Bar the first two minutes, he cruised the game. Like Davie Weir in his latter days,

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think Chiellini is my favourite non-Rangers footballer of the last 20 years. Love a big, ugly rock solid Italian centre half. Even better when they're a bit crazy.

Big old fashioned no nonsense CB would love a player like that at Rangers 

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why are people expecting Sterling and Henderson etc to be taking penalties because of experience? They’re both rotten at them

Is Harry McGuire renowned for taking them?

In those moments you expect your most experienced players to step up and take them.

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

There were guys in town today selling half and half Scotland/Italy scarves.

Surely not. They really hate us Brits don't they.

I've had some history books out the library that were all highlighted & jakey stuff scribbled in the margins. Even had a woman ranting at me about Flodden at a wedding. :ang:

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Doesn’t mean he’s good at them though. Missed 3 out of 5

You asked why anyone would expect Sterling to take one. I think having scored one in the last nine months in a competitive fixture for England isn’t the worst reason to think he might take one!

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Pretty sure that's a massive over reaction. 

Plenty of world class players who have not taken pens 😂 

I mind Frank de Boer swearing off them after he missed one for the Netherlands and then coming out of penalty retirement to miss one in a shootout against Hibs.

6 minutes ago, jintybear said:

See all this shite about being a tartan tranny because I didn’t want England to win. Behave yourself. I am Scottish and British but I am not English. I hate the tartan trannies but why should they take away my identity? I didn’t want England to win because of the commentators. It would have been never ending. I did feel sorry for their team though but the best team won. 

THIS! 

All very well hammering the decision for Saka to be the penalty taker but there was clearly method in the plan. The boys selected were the best ones during all the practise they’ve done as Southgate said in his post match. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Henderson was getting nowhere near one because he’s missed his last two for England. 

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I mind Frank de Boer swearing off them after he missed one for the Netherlands and then coming out of penalty retirement to miss one in a shootout against Hibs.

I remember Ronald when Arteta took his against Dunfermline, he looked ill