The Euros

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

They kind of penalties (especially when you can't do it properly) are my pet hate. If I was a manager I wouldn't play any cunt again that took a penalty like that :headwall:

If I was a manager, I would hope my players wouldn't dream of taking a penalty like that.

It'll never be said in the media but one man cost England that trophy and that is Southgate. The way England played 2nd half was disgraceful. Got the lead. Take the initiative and look to get another or at least get hold of the ball more.

He was basically hoping Italy just shat and England crawled over the line but can't do that at this level. THAT was the moment for this generation of England players.

Forget about Dubai in that heat. The opportunity was handed to them tonight and they fucked it. 

20 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

England made the final - fair play.

Mental that Foden, Grealish and Sancho barely played throughout the whole tournament though. Tonight's game was crying out for some class.

Difficult to criticise Southgate though

2 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

So many salty soap dodgers snp Celts on here 😂 such a shame the ROI didn’t qualify and the tartan army were bombed out with 1 point lol. 
well done England & Wales on a fantastic tournament. 

Who do you support mate?

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Scotland's a country of 5.5 million people where the top 2 clubs barely develop any decent Scottish talent anymore

Just getting to the tournament is a decent achievement tbh. Times have changed from when qualifying was the bare minimum IMO 

It's never been easier to qualify tho? 

Then there's Denmark??

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Why? Told to shut at 10:30pm, all over socials moaning about it when it went to ET. All be forgot about in 4 years at the election though 

Pubs got an exemption during the euros for all games that went to extra time and penalties to allow them to stay open to completion was what I read?

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Scotland's a country of 5.5 million people where the top 2 clubs barely develop any decent Scottish talent anymore

Just getting to the tournament is a decent achievement tbh. Times have changed from when qualifying was the bare minimum IMO 

Denmark has a population of 5.8M

Just playing devil's advocate here mate.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Best team in the tournament won. 

Surprised at how disappointed i am.

But once the dust settles, the country will be pleased they got to the final

Maybe should have practised penalties more instead of wanting to be woke warriors.

That said, if i was Saka i'd come off social media straight away, his life will be hell for a few weeks. 

Rashford’s a hero. Riddy that post.

2 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

So many salty soap dodgers snp Celts on here 😂 such a shame the ROI didn’t qualify and the tartan army were bombed out with 1 point lol. 

Please, stop posting absolute shite.

53 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

The reaction in Scotland is really embarrassing but I find Scottish people getting upset at a England losing just as weird.

There's quite a few English folk in my estate and they have flags out and one is having a party. I really feel for them tonight. 

There is one Scottish guy though who had an English flag hanging out every England game and then had one from every window and ones on his cars tonight and it's honestly weird as fuck.

2018 on the semis Pickford saved a shot from Mandzukic and shouted at him, only to concede a goal from him few mins later. But tonight i felt really bad for the guy. Imagine saving 2 penalties on a Euro cup final and that not being enough to win it, must be devestating. As for Saka - the guy has nothing to worry about, a great future ahead and if england fans have common sense, they would not give him even a bit of hard time.  He is much less experienced one of the 3 that missed and actually had the balls to take the 5th penalty. 

I'm no trannie, I'm no England fan, been fairly neutral all night.  All this football's coming home pish, with their country well wound up for this, the team never turned up after their goal. 34% possession when they're playing at home, hardly travelled all tourney and they can't get over the line in their biggest opportunity in decades.  

Actually reminded me of 2008 for us when 200k of fans were in Manchester and we went out with a whimper. 

As for the pundits now, embarrassing themselves. 

4 minutes ago, BarclayClansmen said:

I feel this needs a 'cry more' gif.

4 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

It'll never be said in the media but one man cost England that trophy and that is Southgate. The way England played 2nd half was disgraceful. Got the lead. Take the initiative and look to get another or at least get hold of the ball more.

He was basically hoping Italy just shat and England crawled over the line but can't do that at this level. THAT was the moment for this generation of England players.

Forget about Dubai in that heat. The opportunity was handed to them tonight and they fucked it. 

The choices regards the 5 penalty takers was abysmal imho.

Rashford who's barely kicked a ball in the tournament and Saka who's only 19 and very inexperienced taking penalties on the shootout was unforgivable. Where were the senior players? Why didn't they step up to take responsibility?