Scotland at the euros?

Will you be supporting scotland at the euros?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be supporting Scotland?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Got to be be positive. Perhaps scum will bid for O'Donnell. Although it has to be said that they probably can't afford the modest transfer fee involved.

Was just listening to H&H and the arguement was around the lines of is it time for Bears to get behind the national team once more and reclaim the stands. Change from within rather than apathy - remove football from politics. Can't make my mind up and it's far too early to have a drink.

I’m a fan of that, but don’t actually want to do it myself. Wouldn’t feel right as a Rangers fan tbh. Maybe if there was a decent sized group of Bears going. 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Got to be be positive. Perhaps scum will bid for O'Donnell. Although it has to be said that they probably can't afford the modest transfer fee involved.

Was just listening to H&H and the arguement was around the lines of is it time for Bears to get behind the national team once more and reclaim the stands. Change from within rather than apathy - remove football from politics. Can't make my mind up and it's far too early to have a drink.

Reclaiming it just because there is a bit of hype about the team is embarrassing as well. 

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Weird that there's a hype for statistically the worst performance at a tournament for 63 years by the team 

It's not really that weird TBH, it is people seeing their National team perform at a tournament, tends to be the case it builds hype at most countries around the world. 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

End of the day the buck completely stops with Clarke, everyone knew what would happen with O'Donnell. Only got through the England game as Gilmour and McTominay(post 20 minutes) played a blinder. We're basically playing with 9 players cause of him playing his wee pals.

They spoke about Dykes getting like 21 headers in the tournament, I'd be confident in saying only one of them actually reached another Scotland player.

You have to wonder why O'Donnell isn't plying his trade at an elite EPL team instead of playing for a team who were in a battle to stave off relegation last season. I mean to command automatic selection in circumstances like that defies logic given who he plays for.

O'Donnell played well against England but the whole team did , they raised their game and punched over their weight , and it reminds me of O'Donnell's Motherwell team raising their game every time they come up against Rangers and losing every other game they play.

The real problem isn't O'Donnell's for being selected it's the Man who refuses to see what a lot of others see in that he is incapable of playing in the system Clarke insists on using.

There's a reason teams aren't banging down Motherwell's door to sign him. He's a good player for Motherwell but when coming up against elite World class Football players gets found out for what he is ,,,,,, an average Scottish Professional Football player and he's not the only one playing for the National team right now.

3 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

Technically not true mate. In the article they described him as a Scotland, Rangers and Liverpool icon. I think you're looking too deeply into it. They didn't attach any Rangers reference to Stuart McCall and his comments.

The record is as shallow a rag as you can get,so didn't need to read too deep.
Scabby fitthy rag by the filth for the filth.

15 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

This is the issue with the Scottish media. Any other country would be tearing a manager apart after 1 point in 9 with 2 home games. They would be calling for his head. 

Clarke should be getting slaughtered and least souness calls out what everyone without tinted least they got there spec's have on.

Playing route 1 football from the past, horrible team selections and subs that make no sense. 

Just seen a stat this is the worst group performance from national team in 60+ years. 

Yet Clarke will get a pat on the back and allowed to fuck another qualifying group. He only got to this tournament on a playoff route mcleish earned. 

Accept mediocrity and that's all it will ever be. 

BBC Scotland from the small bit I heard last night in the car was pretty much "oh well we had fun". I didnt hear the whole programme though so it could be have been a different tone.

33 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

And people accuse the English of hyping up their players :lol:

McGinn for what it’s worth is a decent player . But he is and never will be near the level of Modric :lol:

English "arrogance" and Scottish "delusion" are the exact same thing. It's just painted up very differently:lol:

38 minutes ago, Canabear said:

The words of a Man who wants to remain everyone's pal.

Souness might come across harsh at times but some people can't handle the truth and having now heard what Souness has said here he's bang on and in being brutally honest has hurt a few feelings.

Too fuckin bad.

I said before a ball was kicked that this would end in tears , although I did hold out a bit hoping to be proved wrong , and that the rhetoric coming from the media was very similar to that coming from the same media going into the 78 World Cup.

We build ourselves up with over the top expectations. I don't want , and never will want , to be happy with just making it to a tournament. That's a loser's mentality and something Graeme Souness does not possess.

Absolutely nothing wrong with passion and Souness is a passionate Scotsman but he's also brutally honest and a realist.

Most top nations in the World have an identity and structure in how the game in taught at the grassroots level.

What is Scotland's identity??

Today’s snowflakes can’t deal with truthful criticism. They don’t realise that’s what maketh the man, that’s how the whole system is in the state it in including football you get the same praise for being a failure as you do as a winner. No criticism because they can’t handle it. Bless ‘em. As for super swally he really should keep shtum at times, as you say everybody’s china l.