Scotland at the euros?

Will you be supporting scotland at the euros?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be supporting Scotland?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Croatia knew we'd play O'Donnell and set up to exploit it, not by targeting the guy but by giving him all the time and space in the world until he got to within 10-15 yards of their box. It allowed their midfield to shift from centre to right and stifle us through the middle and nullify the threat down the left hand side. 

Modric dropped deep and picked up space all over the pitch because the marking job Armstrong did was fucking awful. We didn't track their midfield at all and played our best midfielder at centre half. He then decides to bring on a Nottingham Forrest failure ahead of the Leeds captain, or switch the system when injury forced a sub.

Steve Clarke remaining in his position after this tournament would be nothing short of a dereliction of duty from the SFA, so I expect exactly that to happen.

We were crying out for a change of system yesterday, we should have set up with a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 IMO:

Marshall

Patterson - Hanley - Tierney - Robertson

McTominay

McGinn - McGregor

Fraser  -  Adams - Forrest

We had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Get McGinn on top of Modric all game, let McTominay burst through the midfield and give us an attacking threat down both wings through the forwards and the fullbacks. Adams could have bossed Lovren and Vida given half a chance but we instead persisted with lumping long balls up to Dykes and hoping they'd stick.

Don’t think it was complicated as that mate, Croatia knew they were shit and auld Modric tore them up for arsepaper. Men v weans.

Just now, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Don’t think it was complicated as that mate, Croatia knew they were shit and auld Modric tore them up for arsepaper. Men v weans.

It wasn't complicated at all, I agree. That's basic shit, Clarke persisted with O'Donnell out of nothing but stubbornness and his lack of any sort of tactical ability meant we were always going to be overrun in the midfield.

5 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Clarke persisted with O'Donnell out of nothing but stubbornness

This 100% Bro and we know why. Souness is the only one to nail clarke for what he is. Useless, all the rest of them strachan et al make you sick with their stomach churning drivel.

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

'football from another era'  as Souness said last night.

What do you expect from Clarke ? Only knows how to set up a team to play like Killie and consistently picks Killie like players. An idiot of a manager.

Croatia (smaller population than Scotland) and perhaps in decline looked for long periods as is they were in a training match. The difference in class was there for all to see. One team knew how to play the game and the other didn't.

When you don't have alot players of a certain level of quality to select for a nation then you should be selecting and consistenly playing kids and build for the future alongside players that are of that quality. 

Clarke clearly gives zero fucks about the kids and rather play the well below standard players.

36 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Every time i see him i think about mr potato head in toy story with his face all mixed up.
actually thought the trannies were singing    "we got mcginn,ugly boy mcginn"

He looks like he is wearing a scramble suit from the movie A Scanner Darkly. Gives me the fear😂

57 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

The mentality of this country was summed up by that group stage . The team was given two games at hampden where the target should have been to come away with anything between 3-6 points .

Then they give themselves an option of going to Wembley and anything gained being a bonus . Instead every bit of preparation and anything resembling an actual modern tactical  game plan went into the game at Wembley . A decent performance there led to fucking street parties in this country over a 0-0 draw for the one solitary point gained  :lol:

The famous 0-0 draw against a poor England team.

They'll be talking about it for centuries. 

What frustrates me is the media and pundits praising Clarke purely on the basis he got us to our first finals in 23 years. They all act is if we came through some gruelling qualifying campaign against all odds. McLeish put us in position and Clarke beat Israel and Serbia both on pens. Whilst the Serbia one was a good result I think a lot fancied our chances against them. 

There's a good team there as well as some that didn't make the squad but his stubbornness and arrogance cost us. 

As soon as he leapt to the defence of SOD saying he did nothing wrong in the first game I thought it wouldn't end well. He had a very good game against England but Clarke acted like that justified his starting spot every time. McGregor hasn't looked good in years. How Dykes is playing 90 minutes at international level is beyond me, looks like he's there to win flick ons but never does. David Marshall isn't nearly as good as I thought he was. Bringing on McKenna over the Leeds captain. There's so many baffling decisions. 

I just think the most frustrating thing is there are other clearly very talented boys who could go in there and do it. Felt like Gilmour only got the chance because Clarke was getting a bit of a backlash over not playing him. 

Maybe a tad unfair but I don't see why we can't emulate other smaller countries that do very well on a consistent basis. 

I heard on radio last night them saying we had a very difficult group. Maybe at first glance but after watching them, 4 points should have been a minimum. 

I just don't think this team can achieve much under this arrogant bastard. 

13 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

No surprised they raised there game against England, said on Friday after the game meant fuck all If we didn’t get a result against Croatia, and we didn’t. Buck has to fall on Clarke. Finished 15 points behind Belgium, 9 behind Russia in qualifying, scraped by Israel and Serbia on penalties into the Euros, then in the most winnable game he switched back to the old pals act. Worrying thing is there’s a decent enough squad there with a few really bright prospects. Really don’t think he should be trusted with that

That’s it in a nutshell.

Not playing Patterson, Gilmour and Adams in the Czech game was criminal.

2 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

What frustrates me is the media and pundits praising Clarke purely on the basis he got us to our first finals in 23 years. They all act is if we came through some gruelling qualifying campaign against all odds. McLeish put us in position and Clarke beat Israel and Serbia both on pens. Whilst the Serbia one was a good result I think a lot fancied our chances against them. 

There's a good team there as well as some that didn't make the squad but his stubbornness and arrogance cost us. 

As soon as he leapt to the defence of SOD saying he did nothing wrong in the first game I thought it wouldn't end well. He had a very good game against England but Clarke acted like that justified his starting spot every time. McGregor hasn't looked good in years. How Dykes is playing 90 minutes at international level is beyond me, looks like he's there to win flick ons but never does. David Marshall isn't nearly as good as I thought he was. Bringing on McKenna over the Leeds captain. There's so many baffling decisions. 

I just think the most frustrating thing is there are other clearly very talented boys who could go in there and do it. Felt like Gilmour only got the chance because Clarke was getting a bit of a backlash over not playing him. 

Maybe a tad unfair but I don't see why we can't emulate other smaller countries that do very well on a consistent basis. 

I heard on radio last night them saying we had a very difficult group. Maybe at first glance but after watching them, 4 points should have been a minimum. 

I just don't think this team can achieve much under this arrogant bastard. 

We did have a difficult group, but our job was to beat the Czechs at home and set ourselves up for a Clarke style defensive performance against England and Croatia. Get the 3rd place position. 

He fucked it completely with that ridiculous team in the first game. 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

'football from another era'  as Souness said last night.

What do you expect from Clarke ? Only knows how to set up a team to play like Killie and consistently picks Killie like players. An idiot of a manager.

Croatia (smaller population than Scotland) and perhaps in decline looked for long periods as is they were in a training match. The difference in class was there for all to see. One team knew how to play the game and the other didn't.

Thing is with the Croats though is you know they will produce 3 or 4 absolute top class players in the next generation. None of us can say the same for Scotland.

They also have 14/15 players playing in the CL every year when Scotland barely have 4. 

I do enjoy the Croatia comparison though going back to 2018. When they beat England the usual fannies were pointing and laughing at England when everyone should be looking at Croatia and aspiring to what they do (same goes for the Scandanavian nations).

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We did have a difficult group, but our job was to beat the Czechs at home and set ourselves up for a Clarke style defensive performance against England and Croatia. Get the 3rd place position. 

He fucked it completely with that ridiculous team in the first game. 

Yea I get that but as good as some of the Croatians are, their best players are well into their 30s and they looked awful in the first 2 games. 

It should have been a 4-5 point group for us really but as you say those bizarre selections against the Czechs cost us. 

55 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

This 100% Bro and we know why. Souness is the only one to nail clarke for what he is. Useless, all the rest of them strachan et al make you sick with their stomach churning drivel.

Daily retard had what the pundits said last night and qouted Souness as ex Rangers manage, and never mentioned any teams the rest had played with or managed.
Dirty filthy scummy rag.

13 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Daily retard had what the pundits said last night and qouted Souness as ex Rangers manage, and never mentioned any teams the rest had played with or managed.
Dirty filthy scummy rag.

Technically not true mate. In the article they described him as a Scotland, Rangers and Liverpool icon. I think you're looking too deeply into it. They didn't attach any Rangers reference to Stuart McCall and his comments.

10 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Dirty filthy scummy rag.

Yup trying to say he’s only saying this because he’s Rangers oriented, but this is where we are in this arsehole of a place, that’s why the national team is shit ran by shit. The deterioration started in the mid to late 1980’s, but to be honest and cut a long story short Scotland couldn’t win fuck all with Law and Baxter what chance with these sand dancers. The Home international’s were Scotland’s World Cup they should’ve kept it going.

19 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

In refection Scotland had 2 of their 3 group matches at home and lost both by 2 goals. Best chance they have ever had of making the knock out stages.

But the press spin it as a big success. Just don't understand it.

But Nathan got 7 minutes mate. 😉

End of the day the buck completely stops with Clarke, everyone knew what would happen with O'Donnell. Only got through the England game as Gilmour and McTominay(post 20 minutes) played a blinder. We're basically playing with 9 players cause of him playing his wee pals.

They spoke about Dykes getting like 21 headers in the tournament, I'd be confident in saying only one of them actually reached another Scotland player.

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

I heard on radio last night them saying we had a very difficult group

We didn't,  it was totally removed from being a group of death, Scotland went out because they lost a Play Off game to the Czech Republic. 

Wales would have had the belief to get out of our group, we would have found excuses not to make it out of theirs if the two teams were swapped. 

Got to be be positive. Perhaps scum will bid for O'Donnell. Although it has to be said that they probably can't afford the modest transfer fee involved.

Was just listening to H&H and the arguement was around the lines of is it time for Bears to get behind the national team once more and reclaim the stands. Change from within rather than apathy - remove football from politics. Can't make my mind up and it's far too early to have a drink.