How good was that?

Essandoh

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Ffs man it was a friendly, couldn't give a toss when Tranmere beat us, couldn't give a toss when we beat Real Madrid. Serious small time mentality celebrating friendly results.

you still hurting from west ham pumping I take it , try not to worry there's more pumping's coming 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

On that showing not many teams we play this season will be able to stop us. 

That's the standard and it was great viewing. 

It's always been a privelage being a Rangers fan but the now it's an unreal feeling. Back to the glory days. 

It really does feel like we are entering a real golden period mate. Glory days....love it 💙

47 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Nothing wrong with a wee glamour friendly , Sebo v Chelsea in 2007 was some fantastic scenes in the stands regardless of wether it was as friendly or not 

What an atmosphere that day, up there with some of the best, it was so loud!

The game against Ajax a few days before it was good too. Everyone thought Darcheville was going to be fucking mental because he got in a mini scrap with one of their players :lol: 

11 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Ffs man it was a friendly, couldn't give a toss when Tranmere beat us, couldn't give a toss when we beat Real Madrid. Serious small time mentality celebrating friendly results.

It might only have been a friendly but we still beat Real Madrid for the first time in history and the way they tackled at times wasn't very friendly. So I'm just enjoying how we played and the result so GIRUY.

11 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Nothing wrong with a wee glamour friendly , Sebo v Chelsea in 2007 was some fantastic scenes in the stands regardless of wether it was as friendly or not 

I would argue that 'result' spurred us on to our European run that year.   If we could beat Chelsea we could beat anyone.

13 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Nah. I was seething when Tranmere beat us and I was delighted we beat Real Madrid. Because that's what I think Rangers is about.

25 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

We beat the Best team in England at Ibrox in August 1994 in a friendly and then got pumped by AEK Athens in the champions league qualifier 4 days later when it mattered.

David May own goal and then gave away sloppy away goals to AEK.   Completely different squads.    What's your point caller?

This was simply a great watch. Madrid clearly unprepared for what was about to come. We matched them and more and deservedly put them to the sword. Should have been another 2 or 3 added to the score line.

Sure, it was a friendly, but what was on show was exceptional. A couple of lapses defensively, but we were set up to win and we looked good doing it.

Hopefully a sign for the new season. Starting with CL group qualification, the LC, 56 in the bag. I’ll forego the SC as it may interfere with our participation of the latter stages of the CL. Don’t need the distraction. :lol:

This was a feel good factor game and sets us up nicely for the league opener.