Imagine some Rangers supporters saying you are not a Rangers supporter because of a Political belief ?

Angus1965

37 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I don't believe anti rangersness is an SNP policy but there are quite a number of zoomers in its ranks for whom it is and that is a very good reason to fight them.

I fundamentally disagree with this- I believe it is completely calculated and deliberate. Prior to 2014 most opinion polls showed roughly 30% of Scots were strongly in favour of retaining the status quo (ie the Union), around 30% were strongly in favour of Independence, and the remaining 40% were almost indifferent, but if they did vote, they were likely to vote for what they knew- mainly the status quo. As we have seen on many elections since- primarily the last two US presidential elections and the Brexit vote, both sides of the indy debate deployed very negative tactics. To convince the 40% to vote for indy, the SNP decided to show what bad people  those voting No were. They needed a ‘demon’ to rally against. They calculated that there were little gains to be had form either the majority of Rangers supporters or indeed the OO, so they made them the baddies. The simple message being, if you vote no, you are like these sectarian, racists, terrible people. To a certain extent it worked- they made massive gains from traditional (mainly catholic) labour voters, but also gains from more conservative (with a small c) traditional Protestants who both believed the propaganda  and  didn’t want to be associated with what was being portrayed.

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Why do  idiots keep bringing religion into it?

Stupid auld farts that are accusing others of being stuck in dark ages when just about every Rangers fan I know has moved on from the religious stuff. Cunts should take a closer look at their selfs and where their mindsets stuck at 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Stupid auld farts that are accusing others of being stuck in dark ages when just about every Rangers fan I know has moved on from the religious stuff. Cunts should take a closer look at their selfs and where their mindsets stuck at 

Absolute weirdos

17 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

👍🏻When arguing with these clowns always remind yourself they dress like this👍🏻
A3FE2772-1E93-4EB5-87EC-370814A080BD.thumb.jpeg.1ee1e0bfd894ca777ac26f80f797bf9a.jpeg

1D8F5282-53FB-47E2-95F7-C21991D04400.thumb.jpeg.f0e18ba70d5e192a18bae3feacd29a0d.jpeg

31CE2D3E-B420-4E9F-A79C-1CEB298E1B5C.thumb.jpeg.51f59663e3b33d0061f289a037fcb167.jpeg

It's mental that a lot of SNP MPs would be so open about their hatred for Rangers and its supporters when they should be attempting to win votes in order to fulfill their ambitions of independence.

I voted for independence in 2014. But I would absolutely not be on board with proceeding to an independent Scotland under the control of the SNP. The party is filled with absolute roasters. 

2 hours ago, writingranger said:

Maybe you're right, but this is important. I see so many folk on here who are outraged by sectarianism but call other supporters scum. They point to the failings of Scotland and its political parties but couldn't care less about the incompetent horror that politics and political opinion is South of the border. They are wedded to a notion of the Union as of its glory wasn't built on slavery, cruelty and exceptionalism. I live the union, but it needs radically reformed. For me Rangers is steeped in tradition, my tradition, but that tradition is not without its blemishes. I want Rangers to be a football club first and foremost. Its supporters can be everyone and anyone. Some good, some not so good. Our values are not that protestantism is superior. Who amongst us believes in God? It is about the values of equality, equity, fraternity, kindness and winning on a football pitch.

What a fucking clownshoe.

Try standing in front of some actual Rangers fans and spouting  this pish and see what happens.

13 hours ago, Angus1965 said:

These Dim Wits are living in the past , do these Idiots not realise a large percentage of the Scotland support in the travel club are Rangers .

The Scum supporters that say if you vote SNP , Labour / Tory Scum. 

FFS I wont vote for anyone , but i dislike some Arse that has never set foot at Ibrox like the OP Swagger .

This first part I would be interested to know what the stats for this in 2021 are and how many of these people are actually current match attending Rangers ST holders.

Rangers fans that I know personally who follow scotland are all part time Rangers fans attending the odd game here or there mostly when they get a freebie and are the type to come out with shite like “wee Griffs up front”  boys and lassies on the bus in the stands around me and ST holding mates generally don’t give two fucks about the SFA team anymore 

Infact boy who used to work with us claims to be a Rangers supporter but I don’t think he’s ever attended Ibrox in his life, certainly not while I’ve known him. Goes to Scotland matches though just the other day one of my mates screen shot tweets from him and sent them to me. Tweets going on about occupied Afghanistan, brits out and pish about Tory rule and independence all along  side a Rangers crest avatar. Never a fucking Rangers fan in a million years imo but that’s the sort of cunts that make up these stats about Rangers support among the Tartan army