Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

4 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

I agree, something's not quite right here. Two weeks ago he nailed his colours to the mast. We are in all cup competitions and top of the league. We win the league this season and SG walks away in May, £40 million delivered to the club, job done, back where we belong, finishing his project and leaving with kudos. So what's happened for him to bite at the Villa job. He must know what potential consequences lie ahead for us to lose our management team at this stage of this season. I thought he appeared quite brazen when spotted yesterday, almost as if he has something up his sleeve as to why he's bailing out just now. Interesting day ahead.    

When he brazenly got off a train in London to attend his mate’s birthday party you mean?

I posted a couple of articles way back before he signed for us showing how he favoured one of the 2 big Glasgow teams , and it certainly wasnt us. As usual got slaughtered by the resident experts on here.

I never wanted him anywhere near the club.

First two years he was clueless in all aspects of management  and should have been sacked , third year he finally wins his one and only trophy at the club that stopped them winning ten , his only success in my eyes. That same year we had the easiest chance in decades to win another treble and he fucked that up big time against dross again. This year has been every bit as bad as his first two years and I think he knew he was winning fuck all again , resulting in being finally sacked by the club.

If Newcastle had shown any kind of interest in him 2 weeks ago , he would have been off like a shot , he knew they were not remotely interested in him , that why he came out with the ridiculous comments in the Dodds interview.

Also where have all the deluded clowns that went on about his loyalty , integrity and dignity almost daily on here gone to ? We actually had folk comparing him favourably against our great managers who won dozens of trophies.

The guy scurried back to England just like Warburton and Weir did the first chance they got , because hes a gutless rat bastard and i eagerly await the news that hes been fired by AV.

Glad hes gone , rant over , lets get the right guy in this time..........

4 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Does no one else think that this is a decision that has been driven by the news coming out about our 23 million losses?

2 weeks ago he says he is happy and settled. Then the financial results are headline news. Next thing you know He is in talks with mid table fodder in the EPL. 

I know such speculation is going to be regarded “scum chat” or dismissed as unstaunch but there simply has to be an explanation. SG is a smart man and I am very concerned what suddenly changed for him. 

The account were published last week, but the results have been known for months internally. 

1 minute ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

I agree, something's not quite right here. Two weeks ago he nailed his colours to the mast. We are in all cup competitions and top of the league. We win the league this season and SG walks away in May, £40 million delivered to the club, job done, back where we belong, finishing his project and leaving with kudos. So what's happened for him to bite at the Villa job. He must know what potential consequences lie ahead for us to lose our management team at this stage of this season. I thought he appeared quite brazen when spotted yesterday, almost as if he has something up his sleeve as to why he's bailing out just now. Interesting day ahead.    

Think you might be reading too much into this.

He can live with his family again and commute to Birmingham, remember he’s been living away from his family now for over 3 years, couldn’t do that at Newcastle.

Villa’s squad is better than Newcastle’s so more chance of turning things around rather than getting relegated and having to get out of the championship or getting sacked as let’s face it Newcastle would have the money to sack how in 6 months time no bother.

Gerrard was never likely to get offered the Liverpool job directly from us unless doing something spectacular in Europe e.g. win the Europa league, therefore he needs an EPL stepping stone that is agnostic to Liverpool (so linked with Everton which he wasn’t going to take, Newcastle who have a shite squad and are most likely for the drop with potentially erratic ownership). Villa ticked enough boxes I guess.

His only chance of matching what he had here in terms of size of club and fan base is if he gets his dream job at Liverpool, get it and it will vindicate his decision to leave, fail to get it and I think he may regret this one for the rest of his days……..then bring out a book telling us all about it.

8 hours ago, left winger said:

Not sure Declan Patrick McManus will be our next manager. I know we have Anyone Everyone, but that might be a step too far.

Deccy is only 27 and plays for TNS. Don't think he's even started his badges yet. Would be a wild appointment. 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Think you might be reading too much into this.

He can live with his family again and commute to Birmingham, remember he’s been living away from his family now for over 3 years, couldn’t do that at Newcastle.

Villa’s squad is better than Newcastle’s so more chance of turning things around rather than getting relegated and having to get out of the championship or getting sacked as let’s face it Newcastle would have the money to sack how in 6 months time no bother.

Gerrard was never likely to get offered the Liverpool job directly from us unless doing something spectacular in Europe e.g. win the Europa league, therefore he needs an EPL stepping stone that is agnostic to Liverpool (so linked with Everton which he wasn’t going to take, Newcastle who have a shite squad and are most likely for the drop with potentially erratic ownership). Villa ticked enough boxes I guess.

His only chance of matching what he had here in terms of size of club and fan base is if he gets his dream job at Liverpool, get it and it will vindicate his decision to leave, fail to get it and I think he may regret this one for the rest of his days……..then bring out a book telling us all about it.

No, I get all of what you're saying, 100%. Whether he was considered for Newcastle or not, only two weeks ago he seemed very quick to shoot the notion that he'd leave just now, down. I have no qualms about any manager or player moving on, it happens, just seems to be a shift in his outlook rather suddenly, irrespective of where he'd leave for. 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Newcastle were also looking for a manager. Why so happily settled two weeks ago and so quick to move two weeks later. 

Are we all really bad judges of character? SG is a loyal person by trait. He was committed to this project 2 weeks ago and now he is moving. Something doesn’t add up in my view 

Newcastle were not remotely interested in the rat bastard and he knew it......

1 minute ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

No, I get all of what you're saying, 100%. Whether he was considered for Newcastle or not, only two weeks ago he seemed very quick to shoot the notion that he'd leave just now, down. I have no qualms about any manager or player moving on, it happens, just seems to be a shift in his outlook rather suddenly, irrespective of where he'd leave for. 

I would have thought for 4 seconds about pumping Adele 3 years ago, I wouldn’t even blink before considering it now, people’s thoughts change based on a change in circumstance 

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I posted a couple of articles way back before he signed for us showing how he favoured one of the 2 big Glasgow teams , and it certainly wasnt us. As usual got slaughtered by the resident experts on here.

I never wanted him anywhere near the club.

First two years he was clueless in all aspects of management  and should have been sacked , third year he finally wins his one and only trophy at the club that stopped them winning ten , his only success in my eyes. That same year we had the easiest chance in decades to win another treble and he fucked that up big time against dross again. This year has been every bit as bad as his first two years and I think he knew he was winning fuck all again , resulting in being finally sacked by the club.

If Newcastle had shown any kind of interest in him 2 weeks ago , he would have been off like a shot , he knew they were not remotely interested in him , that why he came out with the ridiculous comments in the Dodds interview.

Also where have all the deluded clowns that went on about his loyalty , integrity and dignity almost daily on here gone to ? We actually had folk comparing him favourably against our great managers who won dozens of trophies.

The guy scurried back to England just like Warburton and Weir did the first chance they got , because hes a gutless rat bastard and i eagerly await the news that hes been fired by AV.

Glad hes gone , rant over , lets get the right guy in this time..........

Who is the right guy ? None of the names quoted so far fill me with anticipation or encouragement. Whether SG was the correct appointment or not, this is potentially a disastrous turn of events for us.

This will give our rivals encouragement and motivation. The uncertainty around our club won’t help us in the coming weeks. 
Instability never wins anything.

15 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Gio would be a disaster. When you go to China and it doesn’t work out, you don’t walk into a club like ours. 

we need someone to galvanise the club. A big personality 

So by this logic Rafa benitez is a shite manager as well then?? 

He managed in China and his record was won 12 drew 8 lost 18 from 38 games. 

Most would be happy to take Benitez if he was available and he wanted to slum it in our league so don't talk shite please. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Seems like Gio is the only real option to keep our season alive imo. 

From Ferguson to Holloway nobody else really comes close to what we need at the moment 

The guy that finished 11th in China doesn't really tick the boxes either tbf