Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

2.5 year deal at Villa brought a wee smirk to my face. You don't get many managers in the Premier League that last that long and Gerrard really isn't anything special

I'm no bad mouthing him by saying that just because he left. He largely plays the same players in the same tactics no matter the situation. He relies on his name to bring in the quality his system, any system, needs but he'll need more than that to see him through to 2024 when the Liverpool job is available. 

Your second paragraph is spot on for me.  While I would have preferred him to stay and win the league and have a crack at the CL his seemingly limited  tactical nous could have been a problem.

He has restored Rangers to a certain extent but now is the time for a tactician to take us forward.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually think Tav is still miles ahead of Patterson, but at the same time think it would be the right move to try and cash in on Tav so we can develop Patterson.

The very fact that Tav is one of Gerrard's favourites is why I think there is a good chance he comes in for him, and if he does, we should chance our arm.

You might be right about him being found out, but we should still be asking for too dollar for him. I think Gerrard will sanction it, as top dollar for us is squad filler money for Villa.

Tav gets found out defensively in scottish football, English premier league will fucking tear him apart, if villa have any sort of a scouting system set up they will be setting off all sorts of alarms the minute gerrard sent tavs a WhatsApp message 

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

Your second paragraph is spot on for me.  While I would have preferred him to stay and win the league and have a crack at the CL his seemingly limited  tactical nous could have been a problem.

He has restored Rangers to a certain extent but now is the time for a tactician to take us forward.

Probably saw Malmo being humiliated in the Champions League, and thought fuck that, they gubbed us at Ibrox with 10 men. 

To be fair he would have left at the end of the season anyways. Rumours that he was meant to go to Villa then, but brought forward as they are obviously toiling.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Our schedule up to new year is brutal, leaving anytime this season is a stab in the back, well seen he's a fucking scouse bastard 

Fucking RED Scouse bustard! :)

In my opinion his moving to Aston Villa is not just disrespectful towards Rangers, but Old Firm and all Scottish football. 

I understand all benefits he can get in Aston Villa. But not like this!

If you respect your club, the team, the fans, people you work with you can’t throw it out in the middle of way for your own gain or just because you want it and can do. 

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Prices are back up now 

Aye looks like they’ve inquired and there’s nothing it so put the price back up. Money coming in for Lampard now as well. Probably be like this until the new manager is announced. Fucking up and down like Frank McGarvey’s wife’s drawers.

19 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye, but Tav easily had another 3 years at the top of his game, that's basically £3m a year which is fuck all for premiership teams. Won't be very expensive on wages either, one of the lower earners in the squad I would imagine at villa.

I agree about Patterson, that's why I think we should sell Tav. Tav is by far the better player now, but this is the last chance to cash in I feel.

Cash in on Tav, develop Patterson, get a few years out of him and cash in even more.

Aston Villa have Matty Cash as their RB, Patterson and Tav would be on the bench.

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye, but Tav easily had another 3 years at the top of his game, that's basically £3m a year which is fuck all for premiership teams. Won't be very expensive on wages either, one of the lower earners in the squad I would imagine at villa.

I agree about Patterson, that's why I think we should sell Tav. Tav is by far the better player now, but this is the last chance to cash in I feel.

Cash in on Tav, develop Patterson, get a few years out of him and cash in even more.

Theres no way any epl team watches tav and thinks ten mill is worth it, 

Just now, GersInCanada said:

Thing about Gerrard coming in for any of our players is that he will know to the penny what we are prepared to accept.

I think or at least I hope that will have changed in the last hour !