Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

10 hours ago, A.T.G said:

He won us the league and stopped them. As far as I am aware maybe @eskbankloyal has more knowledge but I think he lifted the standards behind the scenes to that of Liverpools as we were nowhere near up to scratch. So although I’m still pissed off and was gutted the way he left, I don’t think we would be here without his efforts and we certainly wouldn’t be in the Champions League. 

May be still raw for others, and I was raging at the time but I think I’ll look back at Gerrard as the man who saved us and actually pushed us here rather than a snake or a rat. He took us from Caixinha in the bushes and left us as champions with millions of pounds worth of saleable players ie Aribo Bassey Kent and made us a force in Europe. 

I will probably always hold this view because that 55 season he provided will mean more to me than the way he left. Players and managers come and go, some leave their mark some don’t. I think Gerrards mark will be felt for years to come.  

But aye, away to Bolton tonight was he? What a fanny of a choice. Aston Villa. Sad thing is I bet he regrets it 100 per cent. 

We could well have made the CL if he stayed .Reckon we would have won the league if he stayed ,The slip ups came during the transition of Gio’s new way .We would almost certainly not have went to the final of the EL though .We might not even got out the group had he stayed .

11 hours ago, A.T.G said:

He won us the league and stopped them. As far as I am aware maybe @eskbankloyal has more knowledge but I think he lifted the standards behind the scenes to that of Liverpools as we were nowhere near up to scratch. So although I’m still pissed off and was gutted the way he left, I don’t think we would be here without his efforts and we certainly wouldn’t be in the Champions League. 

May be still raw for others, and I was raging at the time but I think I’ll look back at Gerrard as the man who saved us and actually pushed us here rather than a snake or a rat. He took us from Caixinha in the bushes and left us as champions with millions of pounds worth of saleable players ie Aribo Bassey Kent and made us a force in Europe. 

I will probably always hold this view because that 55 season he provided will mean more to me than the way he left. Players and managers come and go, some leave their mark some don’t. I think Gerrards mark will be felt for years to come.  

But aye, away to Bolton tonight was he? What a fanny of a choice. Aston Villa. Sad thing is I bet he regrets it 100 per cent. 

I agree with all that, but also quite like the jokes about where he is now. 

15 hours ago, A.T.G said:

That 2020-2021 season was a shining beacon for me.

I split up with my wife in aug 20, height of covid, ended up back at my parents. Was tough. Watched almost every game on the firestick(got a couple contacts), and that was a great release for me at that time.

something to concentrate on during the week at work. (I own my own wee joinery business so was rammed busy at the time).

Gave me something to look forward to.

He gave the club everything that year, and some great performances.

the fact the tarriers were imploding every day from  about September to February was glorious. Probably heightened it.

I’ve no I’ll feeling in general  towards him.

Was disappointed more than angry.

the worst bit though for me is im convinced it was a decision they all took either the previous year or at the very start when they came. First decent offer they are all gone.

That annoys me. 
I know most management teams change, but it’s a pack decision.

no way they could all agree overnight to resign and sign on elsewhere without speaking to family members etc. they knew well in advance. 
so, it was all in till it was time to be all out. 
and it was agreed beforehand.

That’s the bit that bothers me.

He was brilliant for us, as we were for him, and I do hope he does well, but no way he’s getting Liverpool job if this current run he has continues.

thanks Stevie, appreciate what u brought and done, but that’s in  the past now.

same as it was with the last Liverpool legendary midfielder who was our manager.

im sure in time feelings will change around him. Just my opinion mind u.

9 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I split up with my wife in aug 20, height of covid, ended up back at my parents. Was tough. Watched almost every game on the firestick(got a couple contacts), and that was a great release for me at that time.

something to concentrate on during the week at work. (I own my own wee joinery business so was rammed busy at the time).

the fact the tarriers were imploding every day from  about September to February was glorious. Probably heightened it.

the worst bit though for me is im convinced it was a decision they all took either the previous year or at the very start when they came. First decent offer they are all gone.

That annoys me. 

no way they could all agree overnight to resign and sign on elsewhere without speaking to family members etc. they knew well in advance. 

He was brilliant for us, as we were for him, and I do hope he does well, but no way he’s getting Liverpool job if this current run he has continues.

same as it was with the last Liverpool legendary midfielder who was our manager.

:mutley:

6 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

That annoys me. 

The best contacts bud. 

pablo-escobar-escobar.gif

On 25/08/2022 at 16:34, barrymorrison1 said:

something to concentrate on during the week at work. (I own my own wee joinery business so was rammed busy at the time)

So your business was rammed busy but you still decided to steal every game from the club in a season you describe as a personal shining beacon. 

On 25/08/2022 at 11:34, barrymorrison1 said:

That annoys me. 

I hope things have worked out for you mate, but fuck Gerrard!