Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

6 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

With the budget he'll have and who he can buy with it, he'll not be going for any of our players, bar maybe Patterson.

I’m just going by something Halliday said that he’d take Aribo anywhere with him. Patterson would just sit on the bench as they’ve got Matty Cash at right back.

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

With the budget he'll have and who he can buy with it, he'll not be going for any of our players, bar maybe Patterson.

Be doesn't even rate Patterson enough to play him for us not a chance does he come in for him

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

I’m just going by something Halliday said that he’d take Aribo anywhere with him. Patterson would just sit on the bench as they’ve got Matty Cash at right back.

I don’t know if he would need Aribo when he’s taking over a squad that already has Beundia

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Would be the type of appointment to take Villa to the next level though. They’ve for the fifth richest owners in the league so it’s not like they couldn’t afford it.

5th Richest? Who the fuck owns them and are they likely to pump money in?

Newcastle, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool are surely richer?

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

it could be a blessing in disguise.  

That’s what I’m thinking tbh! We’ve struggled all season. Get someone else in, tweak the defence, bring in a centre back in January and we’ll kick on and go and win the league. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If mentioned on here that he is going to quadruple his salary then there is not one poster who wouldn't jump at that opportunity. That is insane money. 

Comparing a multi multi millionaire to your average poster on here is daft

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

If mentioned on here that he is going to quadruple his salary then there is not one poster who wouldn't jump at that opportunity. That is insane money. 

If he didn’t have a net worth of £60m+ you might have a point. Money doesn’t motivate everyone, he said he was a winner, wanted titles, trophies etc. but is off to Villa for none of that.

The are 3 reasons I can see him leaving:

1. frustrated at the finances the club has available and senses it’s starting to unravel
  2. Wants to move back in with his family
  3. he sees it as a clear stepping stone to the Liverpool job