*****Official Rangers v Hibs League Cup SF Match Thread*****

.Williamson.

31 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Nonsense. I think Gerrard left because he knew this was in the post and he was not confident he could turn it around. Whoever picked the team compounded it by starting guys that have been jaded for so long. Both fullbacks and morelos for starters.

They are never going to make wholesale changes though, what did you expect?

Sakala should certainly have started. Probably Bassey too, other than that team picks itself.

18 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

Goldson jeezo, what a defeatist attitude. “Players not following instructions, we’ve lost our hunger”. Imagining admitting that in an interview!!!! Gio has a job on his hands lifting the players if Goldson’s vibe reflects the atmosphere in the camp. 

Just now, the old guard said:

Under achievers all over the park, murty like performance, only surprise for me was we kept a clean sheet in the second half with four fkn Bell ends. 

I did expect Hibs to score again. Could honestly see them hitting 4 or 5 - and they were pish ! 

56 minutes ago, SURRENDERNO said:

Fk me cannot remember the last time I’ve been more pissed of with a performance like today’s one 

That was a kick in the guts performance, I suppose we forgot how shite many of these players are in cup competitions, they certainly reminded us in a big way. 

51 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Play Sakala through the middle and have Kent and Aribo either side. Bring Jack on for Kamara and Lundstam on for Davis, Barisic for Bassey.

In fact start with that team and don’t be so ridiculous as to play a starting line up that hasn’t performed all season 

Kent was dropping into midfield where he was doing fuck all. Whether you’re a ten or a winger you’ve got to stretch the game.

Kent coming into midfield was no use to anycunt

If there was anything at all we can take from todays horror show is the fact that we were really lucky we werent  playing the mhanks instead of the HIV's. A sad capitulation like that against them , then they would had fooking humiliated us big time and I mean big time and  that would defintely burst our bubble for the remainder of the season, if we have one.

12 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

If a more mobile forward had been on instead of morelos, Kent may have been more effective. 1st sub should have been fashion for morelos. 

I'm sorry but I don't see it. I watch him repeatedly giving it the step over just for the defender to stick his foot out and take it off him. If he were to produce a decent game every 1 in 2 games then maybe but once in a blue moon doesn't cut it for me

FFS, as I said at the time, IMO, a cycle ended with 55 so the likes of Tav, Goldson, Kent and Morelos should've been sold for the best offer. I'm sure that the club could have got a good price for each of them. 

Instead we kept them, dragged in contract talks and watched them don't give a fuck as they knew they had done their job. After all those years when they had one goal and they achieved it it was to be expected that a downfall would come.

8 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Any Rangers player sitting in a dressing room 2 goals down at half-time and thinking the game is over should never wear the shirt again, did the manager think that on his debut or think it when they went 3-0 down with 32 minutes left on the clock? Did he fuck he scored the equalizer in a 5-3 win

Bang on they can score three in 40 but for us 2 in 45 equals a mountain to climb game over 

Just fucking wrong