Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Ok well on that note play Simpson. I don’t care if he’s shite. Goldson is scrubbed. He doesn’t want to be here so he shouldn’t be playing. It’s insulting to the fans and I don’t see a way back for him. 

Pretty sure Simpson can’t play in Europe 

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Pretty sure Simpson can’t play in Europe 

Ach that’s that fucked then. I don’t want to sound dead dramatic cause I know sometimes in the heat of the moment in the day/days after defeat things go extreme but I genuinely don’t think, nor want to see him in a Rangers shirt again after yesterdays debacle. 

Haven’t read the first 14 pages of this but Goldson has moved up the charts into the lead of my “most disliked Rangers Player of all time” with that utterly shocking interview.

The man is a coward and the sooner he is sent packing the better. An absolute travesty he is our VC and a senior figure in the dressing room. 

this is not a knee jerk reaction to the absolute car crash yesterday. I have held the view that he is a serial loser since he signed. He clearly thinks he is better than he is, and worse, he thinks he is better than Rangers. 

I don’t think he has ever really wanted to be here and even last season with all the “Last Dance” patter it was clear he wanted away. He played for Gerrard not for Rangers and I have no interest in cunts like that. They should play for the badge on the jersey. 

utterly scunnered with not only his demonstrated attitude but his absolute and open disrespect to the fans who pay his wages to come out with that pish yesterday. 

GVB would do well to sack him and fuck him off with immediate effect and play a youth team player if he has to 

Ragin

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Don’t see how anyone thinks it’s all right for our Vice captain to tell our rivals that our team has lost their hunger after winning one fucking trophy.

What a boost that must be.

That was fucking nuts IMO, and why was him and Tav not using every chance this last week to remind the players what they had to do yesterday. 

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Bit ironic calling out hunger coming from someone who hasn’t had the hunger to sign a contract to commit himself to the club but having just listened to it he was being pretty honest. Not the shit you want out in the public domain mind you.

He’s in absolutely no position to be calling anyone out though.

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Don’t see how anyone thinks it’s all right for our Vice captain to tell our rivals that our team has lost their hunger after winning one fucking trophy.

What a boost for them that must be.

It's not acceptable in anyway or shape. Imagine our previous captains and vice captains publicly admitting they have lost hunger after 1 trophy.

They would be slaughtered and Goldson is no different. 

Some arses need kicked today and any players that share this attitude start looking to move on. 

1 trophy should be making the players desperate for more success not less. 

1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

From his interviews I didn’t think he had lost interest but after some poor performances this season he did display a frustration at not getting money to strengthen the team.

The realisation of the limitations to managing in the Scottish league and the lure of the cash rich EPL along with being closer to his young family made it an easy decision for him.
I genuinely think that like so many others who came here, Rangers will always have a place in his heart. You only have to look at his celebrations in the dressing room when we won the league to see how much it meant to him.

It certainly sounds he was disappointed with the funding . To me , that was probably the point he decided he was off at the first opportunity , and its very difficult to find the same intensity or hunger once you've reached that point . 

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's not acceptable in anyway or shape. Imagine our previous captains and vice captains publicly admitting they have lost hunger after 1 trophy.

They would be slaughtered and Goldson is no different. 

Some arses need kicked today and any players that share this attitude start looking to move on. 

1 trophy should be making the players desperate for more success not less. 

He’s signed out of the club and tbh he’s not the only one in that team.

I'm going to disagree on the Goldson interview - he's not wrong, they have lost their hunger. 

I don't like Goldson at the moment, think he needs dropped but at least he was showing emotion, even if it was totally misplaced comments.

Probably should have kept his comments private but at least he actually seemed to care!

36 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What a boost for them that must be.

Usual modern day football fan not interested in the results only interested in how other people view the team

57 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Ok well on that note play Simpson. I don’t care if he’s shite. Goldson is scrubbed. He doesn’t want to be here so he shouldn’t be playing. It’s insulting to the fans and I don’t see a way back for him. 

Simpson isn’t in the euro squad, so play Bassey and Balogun. 
id rather get pumped by Sparta with Goldson on the bench to reflect on his comments than get pumped off Sparta with Goldson on the pitch. 
Bottom line is that no player should say what he said post match:  intentional or not, true or not.

It’s simply not acceptable, especially when they’ve been culpable for the majority of the season.

AND it’s been mentioned plenty on RM. but why the fuck was the captain not the first person up in front of the camera?

A Rangers captain should be figurehead after EVERY game, win, lose or draw. Surely that is part of the job description.

31 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I think SG has tipped Tav, Goldson Alfredo and Barisic off that this would be his last season and that he’d be selling them after 55. For whatever reason none of them left and now clearly don’t give a fuck and would prefer to be elsewhere. 

I think what’s happened is the opposite. Gerrard’s fed them the line that next season is all about continuing to build on 55.. he’s convinced them to stay during the close season season then rocked up to training and shown a distinct lack of interest and hunger and signs that he’s off at the first chance and players are quite rightly pissed off and can’t raise their games.

Irrespective, you don’t come out and tell the world there are problems in the dressing room or with the players mentality. Goldson is an absolute idiot for doing so.

He could have still called out the players (if that is what we was trying to do) by angrily saying it wasn’t good enough from front to back, and hasn’t been all season then leave it at that.