Bassey

scottyc06

22 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

Looking like a good move from gio to drop balogun for him, he’s very fast, solid, big and reliable, he will make this position his own , I have no doubt.

Injured but Bassey is doing well as an enforced replacement.

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Alright Pep Guardiola :belm: :lol:

:lol:

21 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Wrong thread 🙈

:confused:

Think this guy has all the attributes to be top class at LB or CB. Strong, athletic, powerful and aggressive. As he matures he’ll be a heck of a player.

Really think our disappointing defensive record is down mainly to Balogun. I like him, but feel he’s only good enough for the odd game or 2 every now and then. Goldson seems to struggle more when playing along side him. 

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

You jealous big Donald? That I can see a player and call things as they are???

Goldson, barasic etc

Not suit your agenda as a mod that people like my posts and views?

I certainly don’t have any agenda. People can like what they want. It doesn’t put me up or down either way. 

I do think posting something that gives off real life Ron Burgundy “I’m kind of a big deal” vibes on an internet forum is slightly cringe though. Even more cringe considering you’ve basically doubled down on it with this post tbh. 

If you can’t handle what was clearly a bit of banter then you would maybe be better off logging out of here and logging into Wyscout so you can spend your time using that ability to “see a player” to compile lists of players to present to the club instead.

P.S that was a joke too. Don’t take it seriously. :lol:

23 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is fantastic and will make us huge money some day.

He is only like 6 months older than Patterson, and to be quite honest, he should be considered every bit as much of a prospect.

There was one moment in the second half when he was getting frustrated with the lack of movement and drove through their midfield himself. Unfortunately he slipped a belter, but it seemed to spark the rest of team into life a bit. I could see him adding this to his game from centre back.

There's nearly two years between them which plays a big part in Patterson being regarded as a bigger prospect

14 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I remember reading a report many moons ago in 4-4-2 or something similar, where they interviewed a Dutch youth team coach at Ajax. 

He mentioned that playing right footed players at LCB was madness and something that weakens how a side plays out from the back, defensive shape and even their starting point at set pieces. It’s something at the time Dutch football was really focusing on and when you look at the top top sides, they rarely have a right footed player at LCB. 

We’ve went from Balogun there conceding goals every game, to Bassey there and 2 clean sheets in 3…

Great post was thinking this the other day. 

Can't fault Bassey for his energy and enthusiasm but I think some people are getting a bit carried away as he is poor in the air, positional sense is poor and passing is poor, crossing is poor.  He is powerful and quite fast which added to his energy and enthusiasm carries him through but unless there are serious improvements in his footballing side then I can't see him being much more than a stop-gap like Balogun.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I certainly don’t have any agenda. People can like what they want. It doesn’t put me up or down either way. 

I do think posting something that gives off real life Ron Burgundy “I’m kind of a big deal” vibes on an internet forum is slightly cringe though. Even more cringe considering you’ve basically doubled down on it with this post tbh. 

If you can’t handle what was clearly a bit of banter then you would maybe be better off logging out of here and logging into Wyscout so you can spend your time using that ability to “see a player” to compile lists of players to present to the club instead.

P.S that was a joke too. Don’t take it seriously. :lol:

I was fishing obviously and ye gave a big bite lol

I'm a pro at football manager obviously 😎

🎙️ CB: I'll play anywhere, anywhere the manager wants me to play. Playing different positions only benefits me & helps me to get better. I just have my head down & giving it my best. I just want to play & be on the pitch, I'll be honest! Same as all the boys, I'm at my happiest on the pitch at Ibrox. 

FB_IMG_1638553094297.jpg

16 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Can't fault Bassey for his energy and enthusiasm but I think some people are getting a bit carried away as he is poor in the air, positional sense is poor and passing is poor, crossing is poor.  He is powerful and quite fast which added to his energy and enthusiasm carries him through but unless there are serious improvements in his footballing side then I can't see him being much more than a stop-gap like Balogun.

You could easily have just said that you think he is shite:lol:

23 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

Think this guy has all the attributes to be top class at LB or CB. Strong, athletic, powerful and aggressive. As he matures he’ll be a heck of a player.

Really think our disappointing defensive record is down mainly to Balogun. I like him, but feel he’s only good enough for the odd game or 2 every now and then. Goldson seems to struggle more when playing along side him. 

Nah, goldson has had howlers with every defensive partner but got an easy ride off gerrard, 

23 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

Top analysis.

Not many natural left backs can do a turn as a CB, especially when the pressure is on

He makes mistakes but to be expected considering he is raw to the position with us. 

13 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nah, goldson has had howlers with every defensive partner but got an easy ride off gerrard, 

I’m not saying Goldson is perfect, but when we pair him with Helander and more recently Bassey, we have looked a lot more solid and conceded less goals.
Goldson  looks more comfortable with Helander and Bassey. 

On 03/12/2021 at 00:54, JCDBigBear said:

He’s the best tackler in the squad, his crossing is improving and his positional sense will get better with games. I have faith GVB will make him a better player.